Page 745 of 885 FirstFirst ... 245645695735741742743744745746747748749755795845 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,175 of 13267

I don't actually get why Hal stayed. He wasn't covering Kyle's escape or accomplishing some other task. He could have flown them both away, no?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't actually get why Hal stayed. He wasn't covering Kyle's escape or accomplishing some other task. He could have flown them both away, no?
    Me neither... That's just a stiff way to show heroism.

Mighty Member

I'm guessing he wants to investigate what Zod is doing with the crystals more and maybe retrieve Kyle's ring. Or he didn't think both of them could make it out unnoticed.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

1.He is Hal Jordan he's not gonna run and he's a Green Lantern they don't run.

2.Hal know Kyle need the ring more than him.

3.He's not finish with Zod yet.

RCO019.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal will not sit back, and watch people suffer. If he has to go through hell in order for others not to....then so be it. This has been a consistent trait for decades.

The simplicity of Hal's heroism is beautiful, imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    1.He is Hal Jordan he's not gonna run and he's a Green Lantern they don't run.

2.Hal know Kyle need the ring more than him.

3.He's not finish with Zod yet.

RCO019.jpg
    In the real world, Hal Jordan & Bernie Mack (RIP) would have gotten along quite well.

Okay - I buy your guys' reasoning for Hal staying behind. His "take me to your leader" line seemed at first to me that he was just raising a white flag since he was defenseless, but I am also thinking now that Hal actually intended to be captured and has something in mind. Good thing we only have to wait two weeks to find out

I'm also sure there's a reason there are four Kryptonians and "Four Corpsmen" ... I wonder who will end up facing off with whom? (Actually I really hope Venditti doesn't do that and we can see the "other Corpsmen" in action.)

Okay - I buy your guys' reasoning for Hal staying behind. His "take me to your leader" line seemed at first to me that he was just raising a white flag since he was defenseless, but I am also thinking now that Hal actually intended to be captured and has something in mind. Good thing we only have to wait two weeks to find out

I'm also sure there's a reason there are four Kryptonians and "Four Corpsmen" ... I wonder who will end up facing off with whom? (Actually I really hope Venditti doesn't do that and we can see the "other Corpsmen" in action.)
    You can hope in one hand and crap in the other, then see which one gets filled first.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    First time I've heard anyone describe Hal like that. And probably the last.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I don't know..... do they really have to crap all over the stuff from continuity so much? Yeah the oath is silly, but who are you to tell us that?
    Save Ferris...

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Variant cover for Hal Jordan and GLC #40 by Tyler Kirkham.

hal-jordan-40-Tyler-Kirkham-600x911.jpg

It seems Guy is the next victim.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I don't know..... do they really have to crap all over the stuff from continuity so much? Yeah the oath is silly, but who are you to tell us that?
    Yeah... I don't even find it very silly. There are two main ways I've seen it done before. 1) It's a very special oath that reminds him of what his purpose is that he never wants to forget. It's a core belief system that makes him who he is... and 2) It's an activation code that verbally turns on the lantern for recharging. It's a technological thing that's like complaining about having to enter a PIN number to get your money out of an ATM machine...

Both work and neither is really 'silly', especially in the grand scheme of Superhero comics. There are a lot more 'arbitrary' things in the books that are sillier than that.

I also see too much crap thrown on his 'being chosen' as opposed to an 'everyman'. Hal was the perfect man for the job based on Abin Sur's instructions. AT THAT TIME... He wasn't BORN the perfect hero, but all the decisions that he made in his life from childhood to adulthood had honed him into exactly who Abin wanted him to be.

I wish that was focused more on. He wasn't born without fear or perfectly honest... He was brave and honest through years of choosing to be brave and honest. His 'heroes journey' didn't begin with the ring. That was already going on.
    Last edited by phantom1592; 02-15-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

It's not the first time Hal has evacuated Kyle from a situation while staying behind. In the second issue of Convergence Green Lantern/Parallax Hallax flies Kyle out of the city opposing their own.