Page 747 of 885 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797847 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    But you know what, given we now have a freaking show about Superman's grandfather, who's to say a show about pre-GL Hal Jordan can't be done. I'm just curious to see how.
    yeah... That was my first thought too. We now have Gotham with no Batman, and a Krypton 2 generations before Superman. Two ideas I was totally dismissive of, so who knows what will sell anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    yeah... That was my first thought too. We now have Gotham with no Batman, and a Krypton 2 generations before Superman. Two ideas I was totally dismissive of, so who knows what will sell anymore.
    There's no way it would unless the GLC movie becomes a major hit. This whole thing started with me saying that if the Reynolds movie had been a big hit, we'd be seeing a "Coast City" show now - kinda tongue-in-cheek, so this is all for gits and shiggles...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Oh, I can totally see it - and being as this is before Hal gets a ring, you don't have to break the SFX bank. I see it a cross between "Top Gun" and "X-Files." We'd see Hal going through all his issues as a young rebellious fighter pilot, etc. still fearless, but much more reckless - here we'd see the cockiness that becomes tempered with age. Mix in the stuff with his father and a restlessness about pushing boundaries, then open up his world by throwing in random Area 51 type alien shenanigans, (roll it out over several seasons the way "Smallville" and "Gotham" took a bit of time before going full-on comic booky) maybe with the GL movie version of Waller where the government is involved, etc. where we'd see Hal hone the "honesty" part of his character with all the alien government cover-up stuff. And of course you'd have Carol and her dad, Hector and Tom etc... I imagine possibly in the third season there'd be a cameo by Abin Sur....

And that's just off the top of my head, but yeah, now I wish it had happened....
    totally like this idea.

put some alien cover up conspiracy in coast city, put the jordan brothers in the middle of it, and ferris aircraft.

imagine a young black hand doing macabre stuff in coast city.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    totally like this idea.

put some alien cover up conspiracy in coast city, put the jordan brothers in the middle of it, and ferris aircraft.

imagine a young black hand doing macabre stuff in coast city.
    Yeah that would be awesome! Way better than any of the prequels they have going or planned right now.

Apparently Goldface could be making a comeback? lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfUN3ORn...robertvenditti

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Who is Goldface?

50A7182E-B1D2-4121-9B2B-67689F4E8AB4.jpg

Think this was the first time I seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    50A7182E-B1D2-4121-9B2B-67689F4E8AB4.jpg

Think this was the first time I seen him.
    So is He like alien or something?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I thought he was a Flash villain. I remember reading him later in Barry's run after Barry killed Thawne and all that. Infantino was back on the book iirc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    So is He like alien or something?
    Nah

old school 60s GL villain . strong guy with gold metal skin

he later reforms during geoff johns' flash run

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Great ideas. I think the Jordan family, and especially the Jordan brothers, are very interesting and would love if they brought them back in the comics but would totally watch this show as well.

Plus I love military and police themes, (When Hollywood is not making them predictably "eeeeevviilll" like they always do) so that part of your idea I would be down for as well.

Carol as well you could do the whole thing that Johns did in Secret Origin with Hal and Carol's fathers friendship and Hal blaming Carol's father for his father's death and all that.

Way better than Superman's grandfather and all that stuff they are really reaching for. Do it WB. Do it now!!
    Writers have gone so far away from the human elements of Green Lantern.

The book works best with a split between the two.

A TV show, for budgetary reasons, would surely make the most of the human elements.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 02-18-2018 at 03:57 PM.

I wonder if he's going to be rebooted or if Venditti will take from Johns' interpretation of Goldface from his Flash run.

Venditti isn't doing much for the franchise, no matter where he decides to take the direction of the book. I appreciate some of the good Hal moments he writes in this book, bringing back some obscure villains, pitting the Lanterns against foes like Brainiac or Zod, as well as straying from the emotional spectrum overall, but this franchise needs something more than just "okay" writing, that's been treading water for years now.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-18-2018 at 08:30 PM.

So, if Goldface returns, is this mean Hal will back to earth?