Page 752 of 885 FirstFirst ... 252652702742748749750751752753754755756762802852 ... LastLast
Results 11,266 to 11,280 of 13267
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am curious if they will bring up Guy's past history with Zod, who held Guy captive in the Phantom Zone for months while his former fiancee Kari Limbo thought he was dead and fell in love with Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    It annoys me that every time Hal was introduced Venditti chose the words as "some say he is the greatest Green Lantern". Why emphasize "some say" every time? To show he himself doesn't approve that, or just want to please the fans dislike Hal? Either one is irrational. Why would a guy doesn't like Hal buy this book? If Venditti thinks Hal being "the greatest Green Lantern" is controversial, why brought that up every time? Hal is and has always been the greatest Green Lantern from Silver Age. He never considers himself greatest of them all. Yet Venditti made him brag that "I'm the greatest Green Lantern" and innuendo about the controversial of that title. That's not cool.
    Well, if they weren't a fan of Hal, they'd probably not buy a comic titled "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps". But wiseassery aside, this greatest of all time schitt has to stop. They really are whittling down the fanbase to just Hal's fans. If he really was the greatest, why can't John cut him some slack and give him a hour to talk to Carol? From what I've seen, if Hal is the greatest, then the rest of the Corps must be dogsh*t. All they ever do is say it. It's like Trump with a ring. Nobody is better at being a Green Lantern than me. All the problems in the universe were created by Abin Sur. Folks, you are so lucky that I have the ring now, because I'm the greatest. The more I say it, the more it becomes true.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am curious if they will bring up Guy's past history with Zod, who held Guy captive in the Phantom Zone for months while his former fiancee Kari Limbo thought he was dead and fell in love with Hal.
    I miss crazy 90s storylines...
    Save Ferris...

Guhf... how many more days until that Wonder Woman annual comes out...
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

Is Kyle unable to remove Hal's ring?

If he does, will his injuries return?

That ring must be pretty powerful to change Kyle so fundamentally.

Hal is clearly more powerful than he lets on.

Guy is hilarious.

John is correct. A situation like this is the right time for the GLC & the Guardians to be on the same page.

You might need a Guardian to take on Zod, and his family.

Guy is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I miss crazy 90s storylines...
    Actually, the tragic Guy/Kari/Hal love triangle was from the late 1970s. It was the culmination of Denny O'Neil's GL/GA run.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Is Kyle unable to remove Hal's ring?
    I am glad something is finally being done with Hal's self-made ring. It was waaaay too interesting an idea that never got explored.

Extraordinary Member

It would be cool if they did. I am not even sure if that is in continuity. GL history seems to be off limits to explore.

Extraordinary Member

Actually, the tragic Guy/Kari/Hal love triangle was from the late 1970s. It was the culmination of Denny O'Neil's GL/GA run.
    I'm tempted to pull up that GL cover where Sinestro is flexing his inner Rick James posing with Kari & Carol while Hal is being tortured.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    It annoys me that every time Hal was introduced Venditti chose the words as "some say he is the greatest Green Lantern". Why emphasize "some say" every time? To show he himself doesn't approve that, or just want to please the fans dislike Hal? Either one is irrational. Why would a guy doesn't like Hal buy this book? If Venditti thinks Hal being "the greatest Green Lantern" is controversial, why brought that up every time? Hal is and has always been the greatest Green Lantern from Silver Age. He never considers himself greatest of them all. Yet Venditti made him brag that "I'm the greatest Green Lantern" and innuendo about the controversial of that title. That's not cool.
    I think this is likely more of an editorial thing than Venditti, because it always feels out of place. It's doing a disservice to the character not just because it needlessly sours other fans on him, but also because it completely mischaracterizes him. Hal doesn't care about titles or monikers, he doesn't do this for fame and glory, he's doing it because he wants to help innocent people in need. Obviously Hal is anything but humble, he know how good he is, he may be a show off at times, he's had moments where he got too confident(and paid dearly for it), but he's not doing this to be seen as "the greatest". In fact a lot of Hal's great personal qualities as a kind, compassionate and determined individual often get overlooked because of the notion DC created that he's this overly confident guy who always manages to win no matter what, hence he must be "the greatest". That's the reason some people who've only seen the character outside of comics think he's this arrogant guy with no substance. And why wouldn't they think so, when this is how DC has portrayed him over the years. What would the audience think of a character who says "Green Lantern kicks Superman's ass and TMZ's got the video". Hal deserves better than that.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-22-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I am glad something is finally being done with Hal's self-made ring. It was waaaay too interesting an idea that never got explored.
    I think it is safe to assume the ring is a part of Hal which explains Kyle's personality change.

I am guessing the excess energy Hal must have internalized during the Renegade era was transferred into the ring. He was turning into pure energy, IIRC.

Hal absorbed the green energy permanently during the original Parallax story. He was powerful enough to knock Kal-EL the funk out back in the day.

Hal seemingly absorbed the energy from Krona's Gauntlet.

This is interesting stuff to ponder.

It seems that Kyle is being overwhelmed by the ring's power, and Hal's essence, yet Hal is normal with the ring.

How much strength of will can a person have, and still be considered human?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think this is likely more of an editorial thing than Venditti, because it always feels out of place. It's doing a disservice to the character not just because it needlessly sours other fans on him, but also because it completely mischaracterizes him. Hal doesn't care about titles or monikers, he doesn't do this for fame and glory, he's doing it because he wants to help innocent people in need. Obviously Hal is anything but humble, he know how good he is, he may be a show off at times, he's had moments where he got too confident(and paid dearly for it), but he's not doing this so he could be seen as "the greatest". In fact a lot of Hal's great personal qualities as a kind, compassionate and determined individual often get overlooked because of the notion DC created that he's this overly confident guy who always manages to win no matter what, hence he must be "the greatest". That's the reason some people who've only seen the character outside of comics think he's this arrogant guy with no substance. And why wouldn't they think so, when this is how DC has portrayed him over the years. Hal deserves better than that.
    I agree totally!

Kyle, who mastered the emotional spectrum, looks a lot like his Ion visual with a clear power boost just from wearing Hal's ring.

That should be proof enough that Hal is not an ordinary GL.

That would be fun, but probably not the level of continuity I expect to see from Venditti's Hal N Pals .

Extraordinary Member

I do wish for a secret origins follow-up to clear up old continuity.