Page 798 of 885 FirstFirst ... 298698748788794795796797798799800801802808848 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 13267
    Astonishing Member

I pray he stays, hopefully to illustrate the grade A writer that comes next. TBH if it isn't a Hickman type I might rather Vendetti stay on Hal and Pals his work gets better with each issue. Then again maybe that is because he knows he is going so he can swing for the fences.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Up to the Denny O'neil and Neal Adams run. And even though it is atrocious, (Man Green Arrow is such an a hole) I just got up to this part in issue 83 and it was so awesome.

Almost got choked up. This was a long time coming.

Attachment 64406
    Whoa... naughty?
    Save Ferris...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Whoa... naughty?
    Naughty? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment.

For me it was really sweet and a long time coming.

Hal finally reveals his secret identity to Carol and throws away his whole thing with "I want Carol to fall in love with Hal and not GL" and is like "Screw it" and just reveals his love for Carol.

And Carol admits her love as well. Great moment. Took ten years to get there.
    Wheelchair thing was a bit of a weird twist lol.

Naughty? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment.

For me it was really sweet and a long time coming.

Hal finally reveals his secret identity to Carol and throws away his whole thing with "I want Carol to fall in love with Hal and not GL" and is like "Screw it" and just reveals his love for Carol.

And Carol admits her love as well. Great moment. Took ten years to get there.
    Wheelchair thing was a bit of a weird twist lol.
    No, you are correct. This is a great moment. I'm not criticizing it, it just threw me a little when she used the word "naughty". But I forgot this was kind of a sign of the times, like how she would refer to her father as "daddy". Just the way people spoke back then.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    No, you are correct. This is a great moment. I'm not criticizing it, it just threw me a little when she used the word "naughty". But I forgot this was kind of a sign of the times, like how she would refer to her father as "daddy". Just the way people spoke back then.
    Lol. Oh I got you. Missed that. Yea it does sound kinda sexy.

I always like when they put Carol in the book so far. Really makes things feel real and that Hal is moving forward instead of just the villain of the week thing.

Although I heard she turns evil later.

Some powerful stuff in the new Injustice issue.

Astonishing Member

was listening to a GL podcast, they mentioned Tomasai as potential writer of GL post Vend leaves. Not a bad choice, I liked his work on the GLC book however to be honest my favorite arc during his run wasn't written by him but by Champagne, the Green Lantern Corpse, so maybe him. While Hickman is still my main choice, if we are going with people already employed by DC, if not Johns then I would say Lanning. His work on Marvel cosmic was the best besides Starlin. So for me,
    1) Hickman best at building vast universes plus brings him under the DC tent until the Legion becomes available
    2) Lanning, played a huge part in revitalizing Marvel Cosmic so let him try his hand at revitalizing DC cosmic
    3) Johns, return of the king if he has the time and inspiration
    4) Tomasai has shown the ability to handle a large cast of GL well and knows the canon (unlike recent writers on GL projects see Humphries)
    5) Champagne, during the great era of Johns, Keith had the one arc that stood toe to toe with the best of the Johns one besides the SCW which is all time great
    Honorable Mention: Tynion not sure he can do cosmic but his Detective Comics is my 2nd favorite Rebirth title to Hal and Pals

Artists: Well if I could dream I would say top choices
    1) Ivan Reis - favorite artist during my favorite era on the book
    2) Darryl Banks - Love his work, love his Parallax armor, my 2nd favorite GL artist ever (though not doing full time comic work anymore)
    3) Rafa - really have grown to love his work on the book. I hope he survives the transition.
    4) Jim Lee - love his work but he would never stay so not really
    5) EVS a major part of my favorite era of the GL mythos
    honorable mention: MD Bright not even sure if he is the business anymore just like Banks, which is a shame

Can't wait for this 'big' announcement about the new direction

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

This is going to be an interesting redemption story to be sure.

Mighty Member

Oooh, finally some interesting stuff in this book Can't wait to see how Hal's redemption pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Can't wait for this 'big' announcement about the new direction
    I'm dying to hear what's happening to GL after Venditti leaves! I hope we don't have to sit through filler writers before they actually announce a new direction. I'm hoping for somebody new to GL rather than somebody who's already done a stint on it, personally.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

" Sorry doesn't bring me back to life Hal"

So deep.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

From today's issue ?

From today's issue ?
    Yep. It was neat.

Yep. It was neat.
    Looks great. Excited to go pick it up today after work.

Especially with EVS drawing. That guy is amazing.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This looks interesting. I liked that the Controllers are not going to be the cackling, moustach-twirling baddies of this arc, but it appears that the Darkstars and the GLCorps will be having a legit throwdown over the use of lethal force against the worst of the worst.