Page 803 of 885 FirstFirst ... 303703753793799800801802803804805806807813853 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,045 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Agreed: this is far from Mahnke's best, and the colors are totally flat (not to mention incorrect).

I did, however, really like the first chapter of the Darkstars arc. That's some good long-game planning on Venditti's part. Kudos.

As for who's taking over after he leaves, I'm still rooting for Hickman, and Jurgens on Green Lanterns seems like a placeholder until they either end that book or they figure out what they wanna do with it in the long term.
    The arc doesn't particularly excite me. I was never a fan of the Darkstars concept, nor do I care about Tomar-Tu much. I'm also getting tired of stories about a Green Lantern going rogue. I think it got old a long time ago.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-17-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Wild speculation could Par(Hal)lax be in control of the Darkstars since it didn't appear that the Controllers were running things? He could face the combined might of the GLC, Zod, Arkillo and Orion.
    That would be a really great move by RV.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Didn't even think of that. Totally forgot about Hallax. But that would be a cool plot twist.
    I totally agree!

Extraordinary Member

I will say this now.....I want a showdown between Hallax & Sinestro.

I can't decide if they would tear each other apart, or form some weird bromance.

Hallax might be the version of Hal Sinestro has longed for, not that whistle-blower version.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The arc doesn't particularly excite me. I was never a fan of the Darkstars concept, nor do I care about Tomar-Tu much. I'm also getting tired of stories about a Green Lantern going rogue. I think it got old a long time ago.

I don't think this even begins to express how much in agreement I am with this.
    Save Ferris...

I'm not a huge fan of this cover. Doug was either in a hurry or he has a lousy colorist who thinks Jordan has white boots and Stewart has white gloves. And apparently unless she makes a cameo in #50, we won't get to see Carol after all.
    I hate when they show Hal with white boots, but I doubt this is the final cover. There have been plenty of times the images - especially the colors - in the solits aren't the real thing.

Incredible Member

The same with you.
    I hate what they did to Tomar-Tu. And I hate that new Xudar kid too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I will say this now.....I want a showdown between Hallax & Sinestro.

I can't decide if they would tear each other apart, or form some weird bromance.

Hallax might be the version of Hal Sinestro has longed for, not that whistle-blower version.
    Or Parallax vs Parallax. Hallax supercharged with fear entity Parallax might be something Hal and Sinestro see eye to eye on. In Marvel the regular universe Galactus fell into the Ultimate Universe and merged with Ultimate Galactus, creating an even bigger threat. The same concept could be used here.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

So i just read Batman #45 (just because there is Hal)

Is there is any reason why Tom King use this Joker Hal in this timeline or he just want to use Hal because it's not the original timeline or i should wait until Batman #46 come out?
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Or Parallax vs Parallax. Hallax supercharged with fear entity Parallax might be something Hal and Sinestro see eye to eye on. In Marvel the regular universe Galactus fell into the Ultimate Universe and merged with Ultimate Galactus, creating an even bigger threat. The same concept could be used here.
    Which one (Sinestro or Hal) would need to merge with the yellow bug in order to face Hallax?

I could see Hal & Sinestro fighting each other for the right to battle Hallax, amusingly enough.

Hallax conquering & merging with the yellow bug of this universe would be crazy.

I'd be okay with Hallax slapping Guy around just for kicks.

I like Hallax as being the version of Hal with zero filter.

He kinda serves why our Hal is a great hero, and that he has an amazing amount of restraint that gets taken for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    So i just read Batman #45 (just because there is Hal)

Is there is any reason why Tom King use this Joker Hal in this timeline or he just want to use Hal because it's not the original timeline or i should wait until Batman #46 come out?
    I'm curious why he used Hal for that scene as well. Maybe just to prove a point. As in if even Hal can't resist this crazyness, then noone can.

I'm curious why he used Hal for that scene as well. Maybe just to prove a point. As in if even Hal can't resist this crazyness, then noone can.
    As someone who has no intention of buying that issue, can someone please summarize what Hal is doing there? Was he affected by Joker gas then kills himself?

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Excellent theory
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Which one (Sinestro or Hal) would need to merge with the yellow bug in order to face Hallax?

I could see Hal & Sinestro fighting each other for the right to battle Hallax, amusingly enough.

Hallax conquering & merging with the yellow bug of this universe would be crazy.

I'd be okay with Hallax slapping Guy around just for kicks.

I like Hallax as being the version of Hal with zero filter.

He kinda serves why our Hal is a great hero, and that he has an amazing amount of restraint that gets taken for granted.
    Yea slapping Guy around, really punishing Kyle, always romantically pursuing Arisia, trying to murder Cyborg Superman, but all the while pushing Hal to higher limits to combat this ultimate foe, which might be the villain's agenda in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    Excellent theory
    Also it's probably just a nod to the Booster Gold/Green Lantern running gag. Especially considering that Tom King is a fan of JLU.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    As someone who has no intention of buying that issue, can someone please summarize what Hal is doing there? Was he affected by Joker gas then kills himself?
    Yeah, he was "jokered", as they put it.