Page 805 of 885 FirstFirst ... 305705755795801802803804805806807808809815855 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Did anyone do the math... when is Hal n Pals #50 coming out?
    Has there been any clue regarding who will take over the main GL book post Venditti?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Just arrived. Guess I can post it here?Attachment 64829
    He’s so beautiful.
    That's such a great statue! I was deeply tempted by it but I don't really have a place for it and something that nice deserves to be displayed

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Last question...does anything good ever happens when Hal visits Gotham...or interacts with characters from that city?
    Not by my count. I'm tired of Batman being the only person Hal interacts with in JL and other GLs interacting with Batman doesn't usually go much better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Has there been any clue regarding who will take over the main GL book post Venditti?
    Someone Deniz Camp has been very excited about, but I haven't seen any info other than that I'm dying to find out, really hope DC announces something soon. I want to know if they're relaunching or restructuring or what.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, but I can't wrap my brain around the fact that his ring did not protect him from this virus.

I would think GL's rarely call in sick due to the rings protecting them airborne illnesses as they travel from world to world.

An environment that may be toxic to one GL, may not be for another. The ring should automatically compensate for that, imo.

This might actually be a great story, but my inner logic is in the way.
    When his ring is out of power, it offers no protection. Since the world depicted in the issue is of complete chaos, it's very likely that Hal's ring ran out of juice at one point while he was dealing with the escalating crisis and he got infected without his knowledge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Not at this point. All we know about the future of Green Lantern titles is that Dan Jurgens is taking over Green Lanterns. We’ll find out the fate of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps post-Venditti with August’s solicitations (which will be released next month).

I’m thinking that issue 50 will be the last for Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, optimistic that there will also be an annual that acts as an epilogue or bridge for the next phase. The title will reach issue 50 in August, plus that’s the writer’s swan song for the title. It can be retooled to redistribute the characters and use the relaunch to get more interest for issue 1 to help give sales a boost.

Venditti was able to notch up an impressive 88 issues on Green Lantern for writers credit (32 regular GL New 52, 3 GL New 52 annuals, the Green Lantern Futures End one-shot, the opening Godhead one-shot, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 1-50 plus the Rebirth issue). There’s also the crossovers and events he was involved with, not to mention literally pulling double duty on Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

If Green Lanterns is continuing, and still using that title, I think Hal and the Corps will probably continue to use the same title, since they probably want to promote the flagship Green Lantern character in the Corps title. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Venditti was able to notch up an impressive 88 issues on Green Lantern for writers credit (32 regular GL New 52, 3 GL New 52 annuals, the Green Lantern Futures End one-shot, the opening Godhead one-shot, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 1-50 plus the Rebirth issue). There’s also the crossovers and events he was involved with, not to mention literally pulling double duty on Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.
    Yeah, he's done a great job. Has he matched Geoff Johns in the number of issues written? He has to be close, although the double shipping meant more issues in a shorter time, of course.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    If Green Lanterns is continuing, and still using that title, I think Hal and the Corps will probably continue to use the same title, since they probably want to promote the flagship Green Lantern character in the Corps title. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Yeah, he's done a great job. Has he matched Geoff Johns in the number of issues written? He has to be close, although the double shipping meant more issues in a shorter time, of course.
    Johns had 67 issues regular issues in his run, plus the six issue Rebirth mini-series, 21 regular New 52 issues (#0-#20), one New 52 Annual plus Blackest Night, which draws heavily from the Green Lantern mythos Johns had developed. I can’t recall is he wrote Green Lantern Corps Recharge. Johns still beats Venditti out on regular issues along.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Cover for unknown Green Lanterns issues

''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    It says. "ANN" on the issue line, so I'm guessing it's an annual...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Not by my count. I'm tired of Batman being the only person Hal interacts with in JL and other GLs interacting with Batman doesn't usually go much better.
    I agree.

Having Bruce & Hal interact so much seemed like a reasonable thing after 2005, due to being avatars of fear & courage, but it degraded into a urinating contest by the writers, with Hal soaking wet. I was hoping for some deep character beats between the two. They have similar trauma, yet went in totally different directions. It was missed opportunity, imo.

On a side note, I actually do like the weird history between Hal & Dick across various stories. Dick seems to have Hal's number. I can rationalize that as Hal viewing Dick as a kid, thus underestimating him (like when the JLA fought the NTT). It shows that being fearless can be a weakness, if you don't gauge your opponents full abilities.

I still crack up at how Hal still had that view when Dick was Batman, and giving him orders during their unfortunately brief stint as members of the JL.

Under different circumstances, I think Hal & Dick would really be great friends.

I think it might bother Bruce a bit to see Hal & Dick get along so well (although I doubt he'd admit it).

Outside of Grayson, keep Hal away from everyone else from Gotham!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    When his ring is out of power, it offers no protection. Since the world depicted in the issue is of complete chaos, it's very likely that Hal's ring ran out of juice at one point while he was dealing with the escalating crisis and he got infected without his knowledge.
    I'll roll with that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post

Simon really needs a new mask, imo.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It says. "ANN" on the issue line, so I'm guessing it's an annual...
    Oh thanks, didn't see that one
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Mighty Member

Oh my! BC claims Grant Morrison will be on Green Lantern

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...c-fresh-start/

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I'm tired of Batman being the only person Hal interacts with in JL and other GLs interacting with Batman doesn't usually go much better.
    For being in space all the time, Hal's had some nice interactions with Superman, Flash and Green Arrow fairly recently.