Page 809 of 885 FirstFirst ... 309709759799805806807808809810811812813819859 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,135 of 13267

I had to ask, putting aside the whole thing about Hal going evil and your feelings about that, how was his time as The Spectre?, is worth reading or just garbage?.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Wow. Hal's got a stealth catchphrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I had to ask, putting aside the whole thing about Hal going evil and your feelings about that, how was his time as The Spectre?, is worth reading or just garbage?.
    I've seen it said that it's surprisingly good or interesting for what it was or what the creators had to work with.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I really like Hal's Spectre stint, I'd recommend it

Hal's older brother died during the Spectre series, and he took care of his niece Helen for awhile. Whatever happened to her?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Hal's older brother died during the Spectre series, and he took care of his niece Helen for awhile. Whatever happened to her?
    Unfortunately she was never seen or mentioned again after Hal's Spectre book ended it's a shame, Hal taking care of kids is always really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Unfortunately she was never seen or mentioned again after Hal's Spectre book ended it's a shame, Hal taking care of kids is always really sweet.
    I enjoy epic space opera, but a lot of Hal's most intrinsic humane qualities are neglected when he's in space for too long. What's even more aggravating is that they don't seem to know what to do with him even when he is back on Earth. He's either someone who can't get his act together on Earth, or a space adventurer who ends up using his long stays in deep space as an excuse to get away from his everyday problems on his home planet. That's more or less what they've been doing with him since his return. He doesn't even feel like he has his own character arc anymore, he's like a plot device that's spinning its wheels without actually going anywhere... does any of that make any sense?
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-23-2018 at 04:18 PM.

I enjoy epic space opera, but a lot of Hal's most intrinsic humane qualities are neglected when he's in space for too long. What's even more aggravating is that they don't seem to know what to do with him even when he is back on Earth. He's either someone who can't get his act together on Earth, or a space adventurer who ends up using his long stays in deep space as an excuse to get away from his everyday problems on his home planet. That's more or less what they've been doing with him since his return. He doesn't even feel like he has his own character arc anymore, he's like a plot device that's spinning its wheels without actually going anywhere... does any of that make any sense?
    I completely see what you're getting at here.

It feels like it's been a long time since we've gotten any forward momentum to Hal's character, and I'm not sure that will change with Morrison as it'll probably be more about Hal reacting to what's going on (assuming he's still the lead) then it is Hal's character.

I also don't expect Morrison to do much with Jim and his family back on Earth.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I see Hal very much in the mold of James T. Kirk. He's not someone who wants to be stuck on Earth for any extended period of time anymore. He wants to be out there in space, hopping from galaxy to galaxy and one adventure to the next.

Of course, he has ties to Earth, like Carol, his close friends like Barry & Ollie, and his brother's family, but I think his heart is in space these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I see Hal very much in the mold of James T. Kirk. He's not someone who wants to be stuck on Earth for any extended period of time anymore. He wants to be out there in space, hopping from galaxy to galaxy and one adventure to the next.

Of course, he has ties to Earth, like Carol, his close friends like Barry & Ollie, and his brother's family, but I think his heart is in space these days.
    I think I can see that as well, but I feel like Hal's life on Earth can be as rich as his life in space, so I think a better balance between the two would be ideal, even if I expect Hal will probably still be stuck in space for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wishing for a barry and hal team up mini series...
    Same here... I honestly enjoy their old team-up in pre-Crisis a lots...

Extraordinary Member

Is it me, of does Martin Jordan look like a young Huey Lewis?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Looking after young people, and friends in general, is probably the quality I admire most in Hal.

Hal needs more balance, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I completely see what you're getting at here.

It feels like it's been a long time since we've gotten any forward momentum to Hal's character, and I'm not sure that will change with Morrison as it'll probably be more about Hal reacting to what's going on (assuming he's still the lead) then it is Hal's character.

I also don't expect Morrison to do much with Jim and his family back on Earth.
    I was hoping we'd get more depth from Hal post Johns.

It is never too late.

Injustice keeps kicking ass. Really shows how much I've missed character-driven Hal stories.

Injustice keeps kicking ass. Really shows how much I've missed character-driven Hal stories.

Guy should be, like, everybody's spiritual manifestation of guilt .