Page 817 of 885 FirstFirst ... 317717767807813814815816817818819820821827867 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,255 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Why? I didn't read his appearances in "The Flash" but he never seemed anything more than a gimmick to play on GL's old weakness. Was there more to him that I missed?
    Johns' Flash run really expanded a lot on his character and found a creative and interesting of using him.

On-top of that, I just think it's a waste to bring back an old-school villain just to kill them off like that or not really do anything with them.

Incredible Member

I’ve never considered Tomar-Re as a Hal’s mentor. As I remember, they were just colleagues back in Silver Age and Tomar-Re hardly taught Hal anything. I think Venditti drew that idea from the movie. The same with Sinestro said something like “I don’t like you at first” to Hal in the Sinestro’s Law arc. Actually Sinestro did like Hal about his questioning and disobedience from the first time they met in Secret Origin. While in the movie he beat the **** out of Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I’ve never considered Tomar-Re as a Hal’s mentor. As I remember, they were just colleagues back in Silver Age and Tomar-Re hardly taught Hal anything. I think Venditti drew that idea from the movie. The same with Sinestro said something like “I don’t like you at first” to Hal in the Sinestro’s Law arc. Actually Sinestro did like Hal about his questioning and disobedience from the first time they met in Secret Origin. While in the movie he beat the **** out of Hal.
    I've always thought of Tomar as one of Hal's first GL buddies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've always thought of Tomar as one of Hal's first GL buddies.
    The same with you. And Katma too. I think Hal had a huge influence on her. The quote “Once a Green Lantern, always a Green Lantern” first appears in comics was Hal persuading her not to quit as a GL. Sadly their relationship became a little awkward after she became John’s love interest.

Incredible Member

Repeated post

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Why? I didn't read his appearances in "The Flash" but he never seemed anything more than a gimmick to play on GL's old weakness. Was there more to him that I missed?
    probably not, but i like the idea that he was a crime boss. something that could connect the old rogues from the new.

think of black mask in coast city.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Hal's got more mentors than he has pink slips from Ferris Air.

Tomar-Re, Ganthet, Kilowog, Sinestro, Abin-Sur and his dad's ghost...yeah, he does have a lot of mentors .
    With such diverse influences, one would think Hal would be more.....zen-like.....in the way he approaches things.

It's pretty funny, and cool in a way, that he's not.

I don't like Hal as a meathead, but I don't want him to be perfect, either.

Hal needs balance. That's when he's at his best. Unfortunately he hardly ever gets that proper balance. No.1 reason for me why GL: TAS has the best Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal needs balance. That's when he's at his best. Unfortunately he hardly ever gets that proper balance. No.1 reason for me why GL: TAS has the best Hal.
    I feel like any kind of balance is the hardest thing to find in modern comics these days...

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    100% agreed
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

i was looking at the trailer of death of superman and thought how little screen time hal got. hope it's the case for the whole movie.

Well, it's a Superman story, I don't expect the Justice League to have much of a role in it beyond getting thrown around by Doomsday.

I imagine Hal will probably get as much screentime as the rest of the League does, so marginal.

They brought back Fillion so he's obviously going to get some lines at the very least.

I imagine Hal will probably get as much screentime as the rest of the League does, so marginal.

They brought back Fillion so he's obviously going to get some lines at the very least.
    hopefully so.

although wonder woman fighting doomdsay solo and hoding up her own made me feel jealous.