Page 835 of 885 FirstFirst ... 335735785825831832833834835836837838839845 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I thought Hal was only in the new GLs arc as a prelude of sorts to Morrison's run and he won't be an actual cast member in the book going forward.
    Yes this is my understanding as well. I was just saying I'm interested in seeing the arc.
    Save Ferris...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Yeah, no, it's a rough gig and you'll never please everyone. I never had a dog in the fight cause I personally don't care how superman's heat vision really works or whatever it was. I was probably misremembering on the continuity thing. I'm just saying, from the outside looking in, his comments can seem dickish and may drown out people who might have legitimate gripes with his story choices.
    What specific comment are you referring to? Morrison is generally considered a nice guy within the industry. While he certainly makes plenty of jokes about himself and others, there's rarely anything malicious about it. Yes, he's thrown a few bombs at the hardcore fanboys who do nothing but insult, complain and rage about the comics and creators, but I would hardly call that being a dick.

Didn't Morrison make a comment once about Hal Jordan being a "creepy old man"? Don't know if fans got on his case for it at the time, but hopefully he's changed his mind since then. He did write Hal in Final Crisis.

Didn't Morrison make a comment once about Hal Jordan being a "creepy old man"?
    Was that when Hal stated having sex with Arisia after she used her power ring to make herself older than a teenager?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Didn't Morrison make a comment once about Hal Jordan being a "creepy old man"? Don't know if fans got on his case for it at the time, but hopefully he's changed his mind since then. He did write Hal in Final Crisis.
    I think that was before the Johns run, and he's been a fan of Hal since that.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Was that when Hal stated having sex with Arisia after she used her power ring to make herself older than a teenager?
    That's the only place I could see him getting that impression from.

Hal Jordan is without a doubt, my favorite Green Lantern. He is the Green Lantern.

So yes, he is much appreciated by me.
    WHO DAT?!!

If the Morrison rumors are indeed accurate, hopefully he does a good character piece on Hal. It makes no difference to me if it takes place in space or on Earth, as long as Hal's character is being tested in a way that goes beyond the space cop thing.

If the other rumors are also true that Hal discovers a secret about the end of the multiverse, it could be very interesting to see that since I think it fits the character so perfectly. it would also bring him back to his roots, since the aspect of Hal being an adventurer and explorer has also been lost for a while.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-27-2018 at 06:34 AM.

If the Morrison rumors are indeed accurate, hopefully he does a good character piece on Hal. It makes no difference to me if it takes place in space or on Earth, as long as Hal's character is being tested in a way that goes beyond the space cop thing.

If the other rumors are also true that Hal discovers a secret about the end of the multiverse, it could be very interesting to see that since I think it fits the character so perfectly. it would also bring him back to his roots, since the aspect of Hal being an adventurer and explorer has also been lost for a while.
    If Morrison coming back might be indicative of anything, it would be a return to Silver Age roots.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Morrison coming back might be indicative of anything, it would be a return to Silver Age roots.
    Since Johns already returned returned Hal to his Silver Age roots, Morrison wouldn't need to do his customary reset to the character's core before spinning off to strange new directions. My guess is Morrison won't waste much time with Silver Age retreads before launching straight into the new stuff. In Supergods, he was not a fan of the mediocre Silver Age-inspired comics of the late '90s he'd inadvertently helped usher in with his own reset of the JLA to their Silver Age roots.

Morrison wants to do new things with these characters and take them in new directions, but they have to evolve organically from where the characters have come from, which is why he took time to reestablish Batman's entire continuity, even the goofy 1950s stuff that had been ignored for so long, before using that as the springboard to launch the character in new directions and adventures. Even his Action Comics reboot was extremely careful to acknowledge the past and incorporate the reset of his history as part of the story. Presumably, Morrison will take the same approach with Green Lantern...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    What specific comment are you referring to? Morrison is generally considered a nice guy within the industry. While he certainly makes plenty of jokes about himself and others, there's rarely anything malicious about it. Yes, he's thrown a few bombs at the hardcore fanboys who do nothing but insult, complain and rage about the comics and creators, but I would hardly call that being a dick.
    I think the one about old man Hal stuck out to me. What I'm saying is that if you take some of his comments out of context then they can sound bad. I think the Hal quote came when he was writing JLA? Probably was getting bombarded by fanboys with questions about Hal vs Kyle and just let loose one time. For the record, I don't know if he's a dick or not, or what level he values continuity, characters or whatever. And you are right, he does make jokes that shouldn't be malicious. So how about (if he really is the new GL scribe) we just give it a shot and let the work speak for itself. That's probably the attitude to have for any writer change on a series. The last GL change was kind of tough though.
    Save Ferris...

Haven't been in this thread in a long while - but the rumors about Morrison's potential involvement with Green Lantern has me interested. Is there any credible evidence to the rumor? Or just insider speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Haven't been in this thread in a long while - but the rumors about Morrison's potential involvement with Green Lantern has me interested. Is there any credible evidence to the rumor? Or just insider speculation?
    It's basically just Bleeding Cool posting about it, but they tend to have a good track record with this stuff more often then not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's basically just Bleeding Cool posting about it, but they tend to have a good track record with this stuff more often then not.
    I spoke to someone in the know who confirmed to me that Morrison will be writing GL. That said, I realize that equates to nothing more official than what BC has posted and no one has any obligation to believe me in the slightest. I can't say who it was as it is someone employed by DC and I don't want the person to get in trouble. And, yeah, I know how that sounds!
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

By any chance, did you also happen to ask him about the artist? Is it really going to be Liam Sharp?