Page 843 of 885 FirstFirst ... 343743793833839840841842843844845846847853 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,645 of 13267
    Astonishing Member

Anybody here who has an update on any Hal in a movie news?

No news as far as live-action goes. I don't have my hopes up for any news at SDCC.

As far as animation goes, he will show up in The Death of Superman animated movie and presumably in the Lego Movie sequel.

Extraordinary Member

Given how fluid DC continuity is, it really is a simple matter to just ignore the Carol & Kyle thing.

Extraordinary Member

I'm really not sure about the GLC film dropping in 2020.

I would love to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Given how fluid DC continuity is, it really is a simple matter to just ignore the Carol & Kyle thing.
    Ah the good old schrodinger's cat scenario. The last mention of a relationship happened before rebirth. Carol is in limbo and my gut tells me Kyle is headed there too. If there's been no mention of a relationship, one can assume that it both exists and doesn't exist at the same time until it is observed. Thank you DC.
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

No one mentions Hal with Kari Limbo. I doubt that is still in continuity. That was a big part of Guy's grudge against Hal.

I say let's bury that bone deep in the backyard, and move to the next thrilling chapter.

But, I'm not in a position of power at DC.

I think Carol's status mostly depends on where the majority of Hal's further adventures take place. If Hal is to remain in space, then Carol may not be used (unless she rejoins the SS). If Hal spends more time on Earth (I hope), then Carol will surely make a comeback.

Carol has been written out before over the decades. She'll make a comeback. She always does, just like Hal.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

One good things about Emerald Twilight is Geoff Johns found a perfect way to recon that mess and i still waiting for writer to fix CarolXKyle(F*ck that sh!t)
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    One good things about Emerald Twilight is Geoff Johns found a perfect way to recon that mess and i still waiting for writer to fix CarolXKyle(F*ck that sh!t)
    Carol was a construct? Messing with all seven colors messed with Kyle's mind a bit and he conjured her up?

Frankly I haven't even seen much of CarolXKyle referenced, mentioned or anything... so it'll probably get ignored. It was barely a ripple in the continuity, not something like ET that NEEDED to be retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Carol was a construct? Messing with all seven colors messed with Kyle's mind a bit and he conjured her up?

Frankly I haven't even seen much of CarolXKyle referenced, mentioned or anything... so it'll probably get ignored. It was barely a ripple in the continuity, not something like ET that NEEDED to be retcon.
    I know Rebirth never mentioned but it's still canon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

It was a Durlan!

It was mentioned once or twice in Omega Men (although Carol herself never appeared) and not at all since then, so I hope writers going forward have the good sense to keep ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    I know Rebirth never mentioned but it's still canon
    Rebirth actually wiped Superman/Wonder Woman right out of continuity so I am willing to pretend it did the same to Carol/Kyle

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Due to the retcon...what a mind-screw.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    It was a Durlan!
    John Stewart would know the feeling.

Perhaps counseling books logs were already available when this happened to Colossal Boy.

Rebirth actually wiped Superman/Wonder Woman right out of continuity so I am willing to pretend it did the same to Carol/Kyle
    I endorse this option.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 06-09-2018 at 11:54 AM.

BANNED

It was a Durlan!

It was mentioned once or twice in Omega Men (although Carol herself never appeared) and not at all since then, so I hope writers going forward have the good sense to keep ignoring it.

that was a very funny post!