Page 844 of 885 FirstFirst ... 344744794834840841842843844845846847848854 ... LastLast
Results 12,646 to 12,660 of 13267
    BANNED

Sometimes you just wish that they would just wipe out all the continuity and just focus on writing good stories.

On a side note, the Hal Jordan releases are continually the hardest books for me to pick up. I try a number of locals in NYC, Forbidden Planet being most convient, and it just is never on the rack.

BANNED

"My emerald girl is waiting for me. Throttling like an F-16. I strap in. And let her fly".

Astonishing Member

Cowgirl's gone almost ten years since entering limbo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    I wish Geoff would have put a little more creative energy in developing her, over turning the Guardians into a heel faction.

We could have gotten a legitimate, Earth-based love triangle with no secret ID shenanigans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    She actually had a tiny cameo in one of the Metal Dark Knights one shots (I think it was either Merciless or Devastator?) along with Tom Kalmaku (also his first appearance in about 5 years) and Rocketman but yeah I liked Cowgirl, it's a shame she vanished with hardly a word.

I feel like Cowgirl was created to stir things up in Hal's personal life (back when Hal's personal life existed) but nothing every really came of it. There were those issues when the sapphire gem possessed her and Carol sort of had to deal with Hal & CG being a couple. There was a story where Hal & CG had some mission to the middle east and got shot down then had an adventure together. But really IIRC her whole concept just petered out with Johns and the last I remember seeing her, they broke up and Cowgirl gave zero f@cks about it. She just went off barhopping with her friends or something.
    Save Ferris...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Cowgirl was cute and perky but she aint no Carol Ferris.

I'm glad Carol came back in and not just as the earth bound girlfriend but an equal of Hal's as Star Saphire going around in space fighting the other corps.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Cowgirl needs to be brought back immediately. She was great.

Not even as a love interest, just a supporting character.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I think Cowgirl disappearing was a consequence of Johns re-focusing entirely on Carol and the other Lantern Corps. during the second half of his run.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Cowgirl needs to be brought back immediately. She was great.

Not even as a love interest, just a supporting character.
    Probably need Hal to be on Earth for more then just one issue if we ever want to see any of his Earth supporting cast again.

If Morrison is indeed the next writer in GL, I sincerely hope the characterization is consistent with his history (excluding Parallax of course). Just a tad bit worried given all of the mischaracterizations in his X-Men, but he has traditionally done better at DC. Thunder world was amazing. Anybody know if he’s written Hal before?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If Morrison is indeed the next writer in GL, I sincerely hope the characterization is consistent with his history (excluding Parallax of course). Just a tad bit worried given all of the mischaracterizations in his X-Men, but he has traditionally done better at DC. Thunder world was amazing. Anybody know if he’s written Hal before?
    I know he wrote Hal for a brief bit in Final Crisis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Cowgirl disappearing was a consequence of Johns re-focusing entirely on Carol and the other Lantern Corps. during the second half of his run.

Probably need Hal to be on Earth for more then just one issue if we ever want to see any of his Earth supporting cast again.
    Carol is lucky to get a single panel cameo anymore, and the other Ferris Air characters are lucky to get a few panels cameo-ing in an alternate world. It feels like the last pre-New 52 Earth Lantern to spend any decent amount of time on Earth is Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The characterisation is key. Storylines come and go, but it's the characters people remember most and that bring them in. If people don't care about the characters, they don't read the issues and that leads to decreased interest and sales. Comic readers in particular are sensitive to consistency in how characters are written. Part of the appeal of character crossovers is that fans of different sets of characters get a taste of other characters and may end up liking them. If a character works well in various kinds of stories, it adds to their longevity and their appeal broadens.

Extraordinary Member

I forgot that as the Spectre, Hal erased the world's knowledge that Barry Allen was the Flash when he restored Wally's secret ID.

I posted before about Hal using god-like powers to help/heal/resurrect his friends.

That is a big difference from the water-head bozo who uses his powers to rule through fear.

Perhaps I should call him: Hal "That Pal" Jordan.

Naw, I'll stick with Hal "Hands" Jordan.

Even when you take into account the Parallax years, all he wanted was for people to live well, and defend them from cosmic menaces.

I just appreciate the simplicity of characters like Hal & Barry: folks that do the right because it is the right thing to do.