Page 846 of 885 FirstFirst ... 346746796836842843844845846847848849850856 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,690 of 13267
    Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Sooo apparently the GLC movie is being written and produced by none other than Geoff Johns!

http://www.madghostproductions.com/category/film/
    after all this time finally the great one is comeback!

First Emerald Twilight, Hal's name destroyed by some editorial mandate and Geoff Johns come he's restored with absolutely fantastic way.

Second Green Lantern movie, this movie destroy everything well almost everything and a lot of other GL fan blamed Hal for it.

But now Green Lantern Corps movie will redeem Green Lantern movie that WB absolutely destroyed.

It's feels like deja vu.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't care much about Johns stepping down as CCO, he never struck me as the executive type. He's just a guy who likes writing comics.

As far as the GLC news is concerned, there's a positive and a negative for me.

The positive is Geoff Johns writing Hal Jordan.

The negative is Geoff Johns writing Hal Jordan.

So if I may quote you Mr. Shaw, "charge your Blue Lantern rings".
    There is always positive and negative Johnny that's the thing that no one can change but i always look to the bright side,

edit: and my blue lantern is always on
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

I guess I'm wondering which Hal Jordan is he going to write. The one he wrote in 2004-2005 or the one from 2011-2012. Cause that feels like an entirely different Geoff Johns.

I guess I'm wondering which Hal Jordan is he going to write. The one he wrote in 2004-2005 or the one from 2011-2012. Cause that feels like an entirely different Geoff Johns.
    Or like are we getting GL:TAS Hal or New 52 animated movie Hal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or like are we getting GL:TAS Hal or New 52 animated movie Hal ?
    I guess his excuse for writing New 52 Hal the way he did was because that Hal was around 25 years old. If DCEU Hal is meant to be a veteran, he can't write him that way.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The upside to all this is that it has increased exponentially the chances of another Green Lantern movie starring Hal Jordan getting made.

As long as Shazam and Aquaman deliver at the box office, Johns will get this movie made.

I guess his excuse for writing New 52 Hal the way he did was because that Hal was around 25 years old. If DCEU Hal is meant to be a veteran, he can't write him that way.
    I always just assumed the reason Johns wrote Hal that way was either because he was deliberately trying to write a more young and experienced Green Lantern, along with the vastly different portrayal of the rest of the League, or he was trying to be more in-line with the movie GL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The upside to all this is that it has increased exponentially the chances of another Green Lantern movie starring Hal Jordan getting made.

As long as Shazam and Aquaman deliver at the box office, Johns will get this movie made.
    And if Johns is able to spearhead the movie long enough...maybe we could see Hal and Barry together on the silver screen .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always just assumed the reason Johns wrote Hal that way was either because he was deliberately trying to write a more young and experienced Green Lantern, along with the vastly different portrayal of the rest of the League, or he was trying to be more in-line with the movie GL.
    That's exactly the reason. The Hal in Justice League Origin was meant to be "Hal turned up to 11" according to Johns because he was at his youngest, most inexperienced and over-confident and cockiest period in his life, before he'd gone through any of the hardships that came later in his career. A good way to see this is to contrast Batman & Hal's scenes in Justice League Origin to Batman & Hal's scenes in Justice League Darkseid War, which serve as a reminder of how much both of these men have grown since they first met each other.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

For all those curious this is when Hal first stood up to the guardians and mouthed off to them.

Context is Hal is back on earth after his year exile on the condition that the guardians can call on him when there is an emergency in his sector and they decided to do so when Ferris air was under attack and being destroyed and he was forced to abandon Carol, Tom and Ferris air to respond to the guardians.

RCO015_1469647456.jpg
    From issue#179 dated August 1984.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

My main concern about this movie, if it gets made, is that they will portray Hal in that Ryan Reynolds/New 52 way again because John Stewart is in this too.

They will want to contrast them by making Stewart a super serious stoic guy and Hal super funny and a goof. They will try to make it like the JL cartoon except substitute Hal for Wally.

While I love Hal and Wally they are very different, (I think Reynolds would have made a good Wally actually), but this is Hollywood and specifically DC movies so who cares about character accuracy.

Exhibit A: Ezra Miller as the fake Flash.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    My main concern about this movie, if it gets made, is that they will portray Hal in that Ryan Reynolds/New 52 way again because John Stewart is in this too.

They will want to contrast them by making Stewart a super serious stoic guy and Hal super funny and a goof. They will try to make it like the JL cartoon except substitute Hal for Wally.

While I love Hal and Wally they are very different, (I think Reynolds would have made a good Wally actually), but this is Hollywood and specifically DC movies so who cares about character accuracy.

Exhibit A: Ezra Miller as the fake Flash.
    I expect it to be the opposite. Since it's supposed to accentuate on the mentor/student type dynamic, it's reasonable to assume that John won't be a serious stoic guy here. I won't be surprised if Johns writes Hal as the furthest thing from a cocky maverick and more like as a tired veteran who's become disillusioned with his role as GL and not having come back to Earth for many years, which could explain his absence from JL. If the character is indeed older, then I don't see this being a carefree, gung-ho, happy go lucky Hal Jordan.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-11-2018 at 07:32 PM.

If anyone saw the tv version of "Training Day," you can see how it might work where the older vet is the maverick and the young guy is the more straight-laced, stoic one. This wouldn't be a totally bad blueprint for a young John/older Hal relationship.

Regardless of Johns's take on Hal or John, I have concerns that he can really write a good movie. It's a lot different than writing for comics. I hope that they have a real movie vet there who can steer Johns into shaping his ideas into a film that makes sense and excites an audience, whether it be a producer or the director.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-11-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Incredible Member

I don't care much about Johns stepping down as CCO, he never struck me as the executive type. He's just a guy who likes writing comics.

As far as the GLC news is concerned, there's a positive and a negative for me.

The positive is Geoff Johns writing Hal Jordan.

The negative is Geoff Johns writing Hal Jordan.

So if I may quote you Mr. Shaw, "charge your Blue Lantern rings".
    i agree. Besides he seems to never get the upper hand in the infighting of Warner executives. But I do hope he has a promising future. He is such a talented writer.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    i agree. Besides he seems to never get the upper hand in the infighting of Warner executives. But I do hope he has a promising future. He is such a talented writer.
    I would guess Geoff Johns is so much happier just writing stories and being on set helping make movies and TV shows than he ever was trying to navigate ridiculous studio mandates like not delaying Justice League's release date despite the fact that your main star has a mustache for extensive reshoots and a 2 hour running time that leaves no time for anything to breathe.

Now, Johns gets to do what he wants again and work more with actual creative folks without dealing as much with execs who just want to make money.

I expect it to be the opposite. Since it's supposed to accentuate on the mentor/student type dynamic, it's reasonable to assume that John won't be a serious stoic guy here. I won't be surprised if Johns writes Hal as the furthest thing from a cocky maverick and more like as a tired veteran who's become disillusioned with his role as GL and not having come back to Earth for many years, which could explain his absence from JL. If the character is indeed older, then I don't see this being a carefree, gung-ho, happy go lucky Hal Jordan.
    I think with Johns involved we're likely to see an older Hal who at least feels like Hal instead of one who doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If anyone saw the tv version of "Training Day," you can see how it might work where the older vet is the maverick and the young guy is the more straight-laced, stoic one. This wouldn't be a totally bad blueprint for a young John/older Hal relationship.
    Just, y'know, minus one of them being corrupt (I'd hope) .
    Regardless of Johns's take on Hal or John, I have concerns that he can really write a good movie. It's a lot different than writing for comics. I hope that they have a real movie vet there who can steer Johns into shaping his ideas into a film that makes sense and excites an audience, whether it be a producer or the director.
    Johns helped contribute on the Wonder Woman script, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a co-writer on this that helps him craft the story.

The director will also probably be involved.