Page 864 of 885 FirstFirst ... 364764814854860861862863864865866867868874 ... LastLast
Results 12,946 to 12,960 of 13267
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think John Stewart is more appropriate as leader than Hal, but I think Hal makes a pretty unbeatable point man for any army. Nobody motivates a band of heroes already predisposed to acts of bravery than one of the single most fearless mo-fo's in comics.
    I disagree. John never led any team or organization before then he suddenly became the perfect leader? He was immature, full of rage when he was created. That so-called thoughtfulness of him they described just came out of nowhere. Remember, he is the Corps leader only because Venditti is John’s fan.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I disagree. John never led any team or organization before then he suddenly became the perfect leader? He was immature, full of rage when he was created. That so-called thoughtfulness of him they described just came out of nowhere. Remember, he is the Corps leader only because Venditti is John’s fan.
    John ditched the "angry black man" routine a long time ago - he was always level-headed when he was with Kat, he showed leadership characteristics during "Mosaic" and after they decided to go with John's marine background to emulate the cartoon, he's been shown to have a military mind. So, I wouldn't say his leadership abilities came "out of nowhere."

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINGTFL View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/preview-hal-jord...tern-corps-48/

Here is the previews for HJ/GLC 48. Looking good.
    issue 48 looks good.

hammond just became cool in my book.

can't believe zod and orion would work well in a team. in the same team at least.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    John ditched the "angry black man" routine a long time ago - he was always level-headed when he was with Kat, he showed leadership characteristics during "Mosaic" and after they decided to go with John's marine background to emulate the cartoon, he's been shown to have a military mind. So, I wouldn't say his leadership abilities came "out of nowhere."
    Being a marine does not equalize being a leader. Being a weird space Messiah in a weird story doesn’t either. He is leading a Corps with many members with way more experience and leadership qualities.

Incredible Member

I’ve been learning Japanese these days. I can’t resist but… Does anyone know that “Hal” has the same pronunciation with “the spring season” in Japanese? That’s a beautiful coincidence.

Being a marine does not equalize being a leader. Being a weird space Messiah in a weird story doesn’t either. He is leading a Corps with many members with way more experience and leadership qualities.
    No, it's not "equal" but taking marine training plus space messiah, all I said was that his leadership abilities didn't "come out of nowhere" which was the point I was debating.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-10-2018 at 04:02 AM. Reason: D'oh! Forgot that he *lead* the Darkstars.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Sounds like you only read Cosmic Odyssey and not the stories with John as a lantern for the first time.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I think Hal knows how to lead better than most but I think he definitely prefers to do things by himself.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think Hal knows how to lead better than most but I think he definitely prefers to do things by himself.
    I agree with this.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINGTFL View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/preview-hal-jord...tern-corps-48/

Here is the previews for HJ/GLC 48. Looking good.
    Zod in swim trunks makes for a hilarious image, as is Arkillo in a party hat. Bet Rafa had fun with that page. I'd buy it as a print. I'd buy an issue where it's just the Earth Lanterns hanging out. Sometimes characters need to have the kind of experiences their heroics allow people to have to be better people.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am not talking about young John, I am talking about post-Mosaic John, who was leader of the Darkstars, then leader of the Honor Guard, all of which took place before Venditti

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    I agree with this.
    I think Hal loves showing off in front of his friends

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

I think Hal loves showing off in front of his friends
    I think Hal doesn't want his friends near danger he faces.
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Incredible Member

I am not talking about young John, I am talking about post-Mosaic John, who was leader of the Darkstars, then leader of the Honor Guard, all of which took place before Venditti
    If you think that short period end up him being paralyzed counts as a successful case.
    Does the Honor Guard of Green Lantern Crops has a leader? They work flexibly.