Page 870 of 885 FirstFirst ... 370770820860866867868869870871872873874880 ... LastLast
Results 13,036 to 13,050 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    It would be interesting to think that Paralkax would 'miss' Hal.

Or something similar to Rha's Al Ghul and Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's a good point. Much like Ra's and Bruce, I can see Parallax thinking Hal is the only type of host that's really "worthy" of it to possess.
    I seem to recall a few times when Parallax was loose or close to Hal (I'm thinking Blackest Night) it immediately jumped at the chance to possess him again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    John didn't become leader right after the Guardians' death because Hal has traditionally been the leader and was the Lantern that lead them all during the Blackest Night and against Volthoom. He was not only the logical choice, but the one with the most experience and track record since he is, by far, the Lantern with the most accomplished track record. I can't speak to Vendetti's "defaming" of Hal's leadership since I never read those issues. I dropped the GL titles soon after Geoff Johns left because I didn't find Vendetti's story particularly compelling.

My point is not that Hal is a bad leader and John is a good one. My point is that John is better suited to being a leader than Hal, who is a good leader, but is not interested in the bureaucracy, management and diplomacy that being a leader requires. In the midst of battle, yeah, he's the Lantern you want leading the charge, but he's just not the right guy to be in charge of a peacekeeping organization of several thousands. He's a captain, not a general.
    Five years ago, before Venditti’s run, did you consider Hal is a worse leader than John? Hal was the president of United States in some elseworld stories. Did you think he is not a general type?
    Please, if you read how Venditti wrote Hal as a child that even Kyle could criticize his immaturity, maybe you would know what I mean. Honestly I feel Venditti’s five-year run is a long conspiracy shitting on Hal to build up John while many Hal’s fans seem to accept that perfectly. When he took over the Green Lantern title, Hal was the leader of the Corps, the main character of the main title, a Justice League member although not often showed up. Now he is one of the four characters leading a B list comic (which malapropos has Hal’s name on the title), the same with John. And John, who happens to be Venditti’s favorite, is the Corps leader and a permanent member of Justice League.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 07-13-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Five years ago, before Venditti’s run, did you consider Hal is a worse leader than John? Hal was the president of United States in some elseworld stories. Did you think he is not a general type?
    Please, if you read how Venditti wrote Hal as a child that even Kyle could criticize his immaturity, maybe you would know what I mean. Honestly I feel Venditti’s five-year run is a long conspiracy shitting on Hal to build up John while many Hal’s fans seem to accept that perfectly. When he took over the Green Lantern title, Hal was the leader of the Corps, the main character of the main title, a Justice League member although not often showed up. Now he is one of the four characters leading a B list comic (which malapropos has Hal’s name on the title), the same with John. And John, who happens to be Venditti’s favorite, is the Corps leader and a permanent member of Justice League.
    You do KNOW Dc was trying to kill off John Stewart.
    If that was a 5 year build up for John-it FAILED. John was written like a loser in GLC for the most part. John Stewart fans were told by a certain artist that Hal & others book was all about HAL. Robert V did NOTHING to correct that. Which is why a lot of John fans did not bother with the book.

Hal has been shown more as being his own guy while John has forever been stick as den mother.

I can't blame Robert V for that. That falls on the feet of EDITORIAL & Johns & Lee & Dan. All this Hal is the alpha & omega mess-SCREW John Stewart (mainly) had a price- a failure to show Hal as a leader or having some interact with the rest prior to Hal & TGLC. AN issue we didn't have in the 80s or early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You do KNOW Dc was trying to kill off John Stewart.
    If that was a 5 year build up for John-it FAILED. John was written like a loser in GLC for the most part. John Stewart fans were told by a certain artist that Hal & others book was all about HAL. Robert V did NOTHING to correct that. Which is why a lot of John fans did not bother with the book.
    And if John's fans read the book (including you) they would know that that artist was wrong.

Hal has been shown more as being his own guy while John has forever been stick as den mother.

I can't blame Robert V for that. That falls on the feet of EDITORIAL & Johns & Lee & Dan. All this Hal is the alpha & omega mess-SCREW John Stewart (mainly) had a price- a failure to show Hal as a leader or having some interact with the rest prior to Hal & TGLC. AN issue we didn't have in the 80s or early 90s.
    None of this is true. And you would know that if you actually read the book.

It is clear that you have a bias against Hal and you show that by spouting nonsense.
    Last edited by KC; 07-13-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Hal is my favorite GL hands down. However, I never considered him a great 'leader'. He could rally the troops and push back when their backs were against the wall... but yeah, he was always the maverick free thinker, not the planner and paperwork guy.

Before Parallax and Rebirth he was leader of Justice League Europe, but most of that was about how out of his depths he was with that wacky crew... before that he was 'finding himself' around America... before that he was bouncing from job to job... JLA Year one where he was shown as impulsive and reckless (Confident).

Hal never struck me as the guy who could order his fellow lanterns to do a suicide charge against an unstoppable enemy while he evacuated the civilians or something. He'd DO the suicide charge himself... and if he needed to be in two places at once... he'd use his ring to FIND a way to be in two places at once before he'd sacrifice anyone else. But that's a lot of what a 'leader' does. Makes the hard calls and then lives with them.

John?? I was never a fan of his and his constantly rotating personality... but I think Mosaic showed him to be the 'grounded' one that people relied on and Hal was the one they called when they needed that Hail Mary, save the day by Diving into the Central Battery and do something that humans were never meant to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I seem to recall a few times when Parallax was loose or close to Hal (I'm thinking Blackest Night) it immediately jumped at the chance to possess him again.
    would be a nice plot to pursue if hal had his own title.

the parallax entity 'hunting' hal and plans to take hal to the other side of the source wall.

wait... just remembered, i'd rather hal go back to earth, and have his rogues and supporting cast get more attention from the writers.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't know if this will make any sense to anyone, but I like Captain Kirk Hal Jordan. Admiral Kirk Hal Jordan is not nearly as interesting to me. Make no mistake, Hal is a leader, but he is not born to it.

Neither was John Stewart, but he's been on a trajectory towards this from the very beginning. In his earliest appearances, John was absolutely portrayed by O'Neil & Adams as an angry young kid who was gonna lead people towards something greater.

I don't think Kyle is destined to lead, except by example. I prefer him as lone wolf who is also a great member of the pack.

Guy is a leader to fellow warriors damaged in all kinds of sad ways.

Simon doesn't even want to lead. He's still trying to figure out what he wants and who he will be.

Jessica should be a part of King's Sanctuary story given that her entire theme is overcoming mental trauma. I could see her becoming a leader.

Alan is a born leader. He's a general.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    yellow is great. one of the best colors ever made
    I see....just be careful when eating chili dogs while wearing yellow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Hal is my favorite GL hands down. However, I never considered him a great 'leader'. He could rally the troops and push back when their backs were against the wall... but yeah, he was always the maverick free thinker, not the planner and paperwork guy.

Before Parallax and Rebirth he was leader of Justice League Europe, but most of that was about how out of his depths he was with that wacky crew... before that he was 'finding himself' around America... before that he was bouncing from job to job... JLA Year one where he was shown as impulsive and reckless (Confident).

Hal never struck me as the guy who could order his fellow lanterns to do a suicide charge against an unstoppable enemy while he evacuated the civilians or something. He'd DO the suicide charge himself... and if he needed to be in two places at once... he'd use his ring to FIND a way to be in two places at once before he'd sacrifice anyone else. But that's a lot of what a 'leader' does. Makes the hard calls and then lives with them.

John?? I was never a fan of his and his constantly rotating personality... but I think Mosaic showed him to be the 'grounded' one that people relied on and Hal was the one they called when they needed that Hail Mary, save the day by Diving into the Central Battery and do something that humans were never meant to do...
    I hoped you dropped the mic after this post.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't know if this will make any sense to anyone, but I like Captain Kirk Hal Jordan. Admiral Kirk Hal Jordan is not nearly as interesting to me. Make no mistake, Hal is a leader, but he is not born to it.

Neither was John Stewart, but he's been on a trajectory towards this from the very beginning. In his earliest appearances, John was absolutely portrayed by O'Neil & Adams as an angry young kid who was gonna lead people towards something greater.

I don't think Kyle is destined to lead, except by example. I prefer him as lone wolf who is also a great member of the pack.

Guy is a leader to fellow warriors damaged in all kinds of sad ways.

Simon doesn't even want to lead. He's still trying to figure out what he wants and who he will be.

Jessica should be a part of King's Sanctuary story given that her entire theme is overcoming mental trauma. I could see her becoming a leader.

Alan is a born leader. He's a general.
    Out of every Earthling called Green Lantern, I agree that Alan is the only born leader.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Hal fights Lobo without a ring and it is awesome.

That's why we love you Hal.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Hal fights Lobo without a ring and it is awesome.

That's why we love you Hal.
    that was awesome.

where's the next clip? is there a clip before this? can't leave us hanging here.

also, i'm glad he sounds like hal, but why the hair?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that was awesome.

where's the next clip? is there a clip before this? can't leave us hanging here.

also, i'm glad he sounds like hal, but why the hair?
    Lol. I don't know. I just came across it on you tube. I'm sure it's from an episode so I need to find from which one.

Yea, I like how he sounds too. JL Action made Hal's hair black for some reason. But it looks like they got his personality right which is the important part.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake