Page 875 of 885 FirstFirst ... 375775825865871872873874875876877878879 ... LastLast
Results 13,111 to 13,125 of 13267
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    It would be surprising if Carol wasn't in it. There's so much mention of Hal's "relationships" it'd be grossly negligent to omit her. I am concerned from this whole "unreconstructed man" angle that she'll just be around to talk down to Hal and tell him to get his chitt together. I am also concerned that he will invent another "Cowgirl" and rehash that whole relationship dynamic. And lastly, I am concerned that in order to explore Hal's interactions or whatever he's going for, he's going to bring back Kyle/Carol just to pour salt in that massive head wound. The first things I might be able to live with. But f*ck. All. That. If he even mentions Kyle/Carol. I'll drop this book faster than Gwen Stacy on a bridge.
    I feel similarly, although I'm hoping that if we delve into how Hal handles relationships poorly it'll be a more nuanced look and not just smug Carol being a jerk for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I hate to use the same gif in one day, but...

Huh, this was my exact reaction when I saw Labyrinth.
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Huh, this was my exact reaction when I saw Labyrinth.
    I did that face after reading the Gwen Stacy reference.

A couple of interesting tidbits coming out of Dan Didio and Jim Lee's panel today. Didio commented that this new book is designed to re-center Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern mythos. Bleeding Cool commented that they heard that there may only be two human Green Lanterns. If true, Hal and ???
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    A couple of interesting tidbits coming out of Dan Didio and Jim Lee's panel today. Didio commented that this new book is designed to re-center Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern mythos. Bleeding Cool commented that they heard that there may only be two human Green Lanterns. If true, Hal and ???
    I think the second one would be Jessica for sure. She's quite popular for a new character and DC shouldn't hurt her potential by getting rid of her. That's a pretty word rumor though, I can't see them getting rid of John and probably not Guy. I guess Kyle is at risk due to Heroes in Crisis? Maybe John's change in JL is more long term than I assumed?

I was going to assume it's Hal and John since that's what the movie is primed to be about, but if there is only one Earth Lantern I see them keeping, it's probably Jessica.

Although maybe it's only two human Lanterns for 2814 while the other Earth GL's are in space with the Corps.?

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    That could be Jessica. It'd be a nice change. Jessica did seem to hold Hal in high regards, and he also seemed to be protective of the new kid. Just crossing fingers that if they did make them partners they wouldn't make her his new love interest.
    Talking about love interest, am I the only one who would love to see Arisia back?

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Talking about love interest, am I the only one who would love to see Arisia back?
    I keep hoping that they'll reveal that Hal and Arisia have been hooking up on the DL this whole time, having a fairly causal relationship, but keeping things distant and professional in front of everyone else. Unlike Carol, she always loved that he was a GL and accepted that's where his duty was (naturally).

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    That could be Jessica. It'd be a nice change. Jessica did seem to hold Hal in high regards, and he also seemed to be protective of the new kid. Just crossing fingers that if they did make them partners they wouldn't make her his new love interest.
    I'd love to just see Arisia being relevant again, to be honest.

DiDio from his and Lee's SDCC panel:
    " - we want to get back to Hal Jordan and make sure it’s clear why he’s important again."

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    " - we want to get back to Hal Jordan and make sure it’s clear why he’s important again."

I like it!
    Good to hear. Let's just hope that's also as true in outside media and none of the other Lanterns get short-changed either .

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I did that face after reading the Gwen Stacy reference.
    Too soon? 10char
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

I like it!
    I hate what he said about the BatCat wedding, but this cheered me up.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I hate what he said about the BatCat wedding, but this cheered me up.
    Agreed. It's never a good sign when one of the heads of a company tells it's customers that it's upset to "Get over it."
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Agreed. It's never a good sign when one of the heads of a company tells it's customers that it's upset to "Get over it."
    That wasn't even what got me mad, it was the part about "You never want to tell the final story. The wedding felt like the final story". It's like listening to Joe Q 10 years ago. I'm glad that DiDio seems to like Hal, but the man sounds so out of touch on topics like the "Bruce and Selina can't be happy" thing.