• TREES #6

5 20.00%
  • WITCHBLADE CASE FILES #1

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I'm hoping for more development with the other crew members myself, especially Sacagawea and York. Seems like a nice guy and I want to see more of him... plus he faced down a plant infected bear that survived without any injury. He's neat and deserves some focus.
    York is someone that I'm really interested to know more about. Not only because of the time period, but if I remember right he drew the insect for Lewis to look over right? I think their is more of a scientific mind in York and hopefully we'll see more of that. I also hope to see more development from Jensen and the other criminals on board. That is an interesting dynamic that hopefully is explored more and I hope Jensen develops more as he's kinda like Curt from Sheltered - rather scummy and looking to start things up if he gets the opportunity.

You guys think that Manifest Destiny will translate well to television? I'm surprised that some television network hasn't picked up the option on this yet. Here on the forums I see a lot of people saying that a lot of comics nowadays are very derivative. To me, so many stories and tropes have been done to death and it's really difficult these days to come up with something that's truly unique and original. I think the concept of Manifest Destiny is intriguing, a re-imagining of Lewis and Clark's expedition. A "Lost" type survival story with monsters and interesting character development done right before it got ruined.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 10-17-2014 at 07:56 AM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    You guys think that Manifest Destiny will translate well to television? I'm surprised that some television network hasn't picked up the option on this yet. Here on the forums I see a lot of people saying that a lot of comics nowadays are very derivative. To me, so many stories and tropes have been done to death and it's really difficult these days to come up with something that's truly unique and original. I think the concept of Manifest Destiny is intriguing, a re-imagining of Lewis and Clark's expedition. A "Lost" type survival story with monsters and interesting character development done right before it got ruined.
    The subject matter itself hasn't been tackled, but "history with a supernatural twist" has been done many times -- "Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" and "Sleepy Hollow" spring to mind as recent examples. That said, "Sleepy Hollow" is tearing up the ratings for a second season in a row, so you'd think someone casting about for the next hot thing would take the chance.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I think so. Like Anduinel, said especially with the success Sleepy Hollow has had I think we should see someone pick this up to adapt it in time. I think the only thing is that it'll need some level of budget because unlike Sleepy Hollow, whose majority of enemies so far are humanoid like, outside of the floronic zombies from the first arc everything else would have to be a visual special effect of some kind and even then the floronic disease did infect animals too. I think the first arc would be a great first season with the buffalotaurs, Sacagawea, the dynamic between the men of the boat and the criminals, the floronic zombies and the big plant that produced them and a bit more. If anything it'll allow a lot of breathing room to flesh things out more that the first arc kinda sped through. For me, I think TNT or Syfy (since they'll be doing Five Ghosts too) would be perfect for a show like this. They seem kinda cool with a FX budget for a show.

Without much competition this week Deadly Class got my vote. Manifest Destiny was average, the only other books I picked up Trees & Supreme Blue Rose were pretty out there making them hard to judge as single issues, although that's not unusual for Supreme Blue Rose.