View Poll Results: How do you rate the issue?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • ♥♥♥♥♥

31 70.45%
  • ♥♥♥♥

10 22.73%
  • ♥♥♥

3 6.82%
  • ♥♥

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Storm #4 Review with Heavy Spoilers.

Caution *Spoilers* for Death of Wolverine #4 as well as Heavy Spoilers for the issue at hand:

Wolverine is dead! And this of course has great repercussions for Storm, who recently shared a lengthy period of time in a romantic relationship with the canucklehead (as seen in WATXM v2 #8). What can I say? The issue has all kind of emotions and if I had a heart I would have shed a tear or two. The story moves from impressive, to a punch in the feels, to a long-expected reunion, to another punch to the feels, to non-stop international intrigue and danger, all the while under the Glorious pencils of Victor Ibañez and the perfect characterization and clear knowledge of continue of Greg Pak. Let us go into a step by step recap of the entire issue.

Storm feels she cannot contain her emotions any longer after learning about Wolverine’s death, so she asks Henry McCoy for a favor. The story begins right as Storm and Beast are flying fast to the outer atmosphere, where Ororo can break loose without injuring anyone.

She does her best to contain her emotions, her grief, until she cannot hold it anymore and erupts in a marvelous display of Aurora Borealis, covering the entire planet. Here we see the magic pencil of Victor giving marvelous work to the vision of Pak, depicting how a Goddess grieves. In the middle we see all the previous stories we’ve touched during the Storm magazine. Creep, Callisto and Forge reacting to the wondrous effect.

Storm and Beast have a little chat, while the blue-furred mutant explains the consequences of Ororo’s outburst. Let me dwell a bit on this, it has been far too long since we’ve actually seen the environment reacting to Ororo’s emotions and I could not be happier to see it come to fruition once more. Ok, back to the review/recap/spoilery spoilers. Henry tells her that even crime stopped to watch her marvelous display of power

They return to the school and Ororo takes a time to grief, remembering her time with Logan (once more the apt pencil of Victor shows us a great range of emotions as he depicts the most important points of Rolo history). While Ororo sits by Logan’s desk she sees a text message from Yukio on Logan’s phone (yeah, Wolverine had a cellphone! shocker!). Flying under her power (and very likely after a rest) Ororo arrives in Las Vegas eight hours later, meeting Yukio who praises The Return of the Mohawk . Sadly Yukio was oblivious to the news of Wolverine’s demise and it is up to Storm to break the news to their mutual friend. Denial is the first step Yukio takes, and with acceptance she takes another step by throwing herself off the roof in classic Yukio fashion.

As always, Storm is there to catch her before she falls. They reflect on that as they embrace, knowing Logan is gone. #SadButBeautifulMoment

Yukio then takes Storm in Wolverine’s place to deal with three crime lords. Kuva from the Breakworld, Davis Harmon, CEO of Eaglestar and Moses Magnum. Now the only one I recognize is Moses, I can’t remember if Kuva appeared during that forgettable Breakworld refugees arc in Uncanny X-Men and I have no clue who the other one is. Still, freaking Moses Magnum is a big enough name as he has taken on the X-men and the Avengers on his own. Yukio beckons Storm to stand around and look tough as the crimelords handle their business. Apparently the four of them (Yukio included) have decided to settle their differences in an Arena of sort, having champions battle for them to sort out whatever problems they have. While Ororo initially frowns Yukio explains why this sort of thing is necessary, telling her that since the “champions” kill each other in this Arena they’re not killing innocent civilians while trying to settle their disputes.

Still, Storm is Storm and if there is something she cannot abide is people killing other people just for sport, and she obviously (once more, with feeling!) jumps into the Arena pit to stop their battle (somewhere Chris Claremont is shedding a proud tear).

This interference is a clear violation of the rules of this underground criminal cartel, so the Breakworlder challenges Yukio for leadership. Yukio asks Storm to be her champion, but the Goddess is pissed and very politely tells her she refuses (given her mood I think “To hell with that” is very polite). And chaos is ready to break loose as Kuva announces she is going to lead all those criminal factions to seize the riches of the “weak rulers” of the world (she’s probably thinking about lame countries with people dressing as cats for protectors). Needless to say the story shall be continued.

Source: http://stormsanctum.tumblr.com/post/...storm-4-review

BANNED

Finally, thanks Mistress.

o

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

This was my favorite issue in the series so far.

my favorite part was the "to hell with that" XD
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This was my favorite issue in the series so far.

Mine, too. Loved it! Can't wait for the next.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    my favorite part was the "to hell with that" XD
    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Mine, too. Loved it! Can't wait for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    ah!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!

EDIT:............my phone now has this as an epic wallpaper v_v
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 10-15-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Finally feels like it's going somewhere. Too bad it took Wolverine's death for Storm to gain her brain back.

well, look what the cat dragged in..
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 10-15-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Finally feels like it's going somewhere. Too bad it took Wolverine's death for Storm to gain her brain back.
    some characters with their death cause other characters to react and move forward in their own stories. Other characters when they die no one cares and are, essentially, useless.

BANNED

Meow darlings. Glad to see Creep again this issue. She was great at letting Storm know what's up.

BANNED

some characters with their death cause other characters to react and move forward in their own stories. Other characters when they die no one cares and are, essentially, useless.
    You mean like Charles.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You mean like Charles.

o
    I wonder if he'll have a mention next issue.....
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Feral was always useless.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    I wonder if he'll have a mention next issue.....
    I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Feral was always useless.

I hope so.
    Shots fired!

It would only be fitting though. Charles and that thief guy were prominent father figures in her life...

EDIT: I have no idea who feral is btw.......FERALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 10-15-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡