View Poll Results: How do you rate the issue?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • ♥♥♥♥♥

31 70.45%
  • ♥♥♥♥

10 22.73%
  • ♥♥♥

3 6.82%
  • ♥♥

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

Agreed! I couldn't be more thrilled that Ororo and Yukio are finally reunited. All that's left is an on-panel true demonstration of them showing their affection for one another.
    Why not, if Marvel is going to reboot itself why not have the Storm series end with Storm and Yukio as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Absolutely loved this issue! The art was gorgeous and story well paced.

The emotional coukd be felt!

Really enjoy the use of continuity.

Next issue is gonna be fun.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

High Priestess its so good to see you back. You have been missed tremendously! Thanks for the review thread.

Now... I enjoyed the issue and as others said i thought the pacing was nice. My only concern was that her interrupting the match seemed a bit impulsive and not well thought out. It does make for an interesting story and it will b interesting to see how she gets herself out of this.

Do you guys think she should have allowed the criminals to fight seeing the benefit of thr fighting (no criminal activity for three yrs) or that it should be stopped as Storm felt should happen? Im honestly leaning on the side of Yukio and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Why not, if Marvel is going to reboot itself why not have the Storm series end with Storm and Yukio as a couple.
    Then we'll have something more than just undertones lol
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    High Priestess its so good to see you back. You have been missed tremendously! Thanks for the review thread.

Now... I enjoyed the issue and as others said i thought the pacing was nice. My only concern was that her interrupting the match seemed a bit impulsive and not well thought out. It does make for an interesting story and it will b interesting to see how she gets herself out of this.

Do you guys think she should have allowed the criminals to fight seeing the benefit of thr fighting (no criminal activity for three yrs) or that it should be stopped as Storm felt should happen? Im honestly leaning on the side of Yukio and Logan.
    well, Yukio told her why they were doing what they were doing but you know Ro....................always cherishing a life. Unless you're a brood. She hates Brood.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    well, Yukio told her why they were doing what they were doing but you know Ro....................always cherishing a life. Unless you're a brood. She hates Brood.
    and vampires but they are dead.

o

BANNED

One thing I must comment on about this issue is Ibanez's artwork. One can tell he's been practicing how he draws Storm. This is the most beautiful he's drawn her thus far. As a matter of fact, during those pages where she and Yukio were drinking champagne together, Storm looked more beautiful there than she has in any other book since she's been sporting the mohawk again. Just think how much better she'll look under Ibanez's pen once Pak decides to restore her goddess locks!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    One thing I must comment on about this issue is Ibanez's artwork. One can tell he's been practicing how he draws Storm. This is the most beautiful he's drawn her thus far. As a matter of fact, during those pages where she and Yukio were drinking champagne together, Storm looked more beautiful there than she has in any other book since she's been sporting the mohawk again. Just think how much better she'll look under Ibanez's pen once Pak decides to restore her goddess locks!
    Yes indeed I thought the art work was phenomenal!

BANNED

I think Storm reacted appropriately to the situation. She interfered in the match-up between Silkworm and that other guy during the "Arena" arc, right? It's totally in-character for Storm to stop the fight in this scenario as she did to save a life. One guy was about to kill another in front of her eyes in cold blood. The way I would have expected Storm to interfere would be to separate the combatants in a flashy way as she did, declare the match over and announce that business cannot continue in this fashion. She did all of the above. She not only broke the fight up, when she was told that she "can't do that," she said she just did and "the rules were going to change." Pure Storm, if you ask me. No blunders, here.

This is a nasty pickle Yukio got Storm into. Can't wait to see how it will all end!

especially when she was leaning against the elevator!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    and vampires but they are dead.

o
    poor nighteyes..............she took what was originally intended for dracula
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    especially when she was leaning against the elevator!
    The panel that did it for me was the one where she was face front and said:

Storm: "Fun?"

Yukio: "Did Logan tell you?

Storm: "Wolverine didn't tell me anything."

That panel right there was just beautiful in the way he drew Storm!

Yeah, I agree, it was an emotionally reflexive move that jeopardized Yukio's situation. As I intimated before in my previous post in this thread, Storm knows how to deal with the devil if it furthers her goals. She agreed to do whatever Logan would for Yukio. Yukio explained these underground matches were a vent for the criminal's bloodlust that kept it off the streets. Storm has killed and will kill again if the situation calls for it; she has moved past her youthful naivety in that regard.

This move was a rash one, and Storm as a cunning strategist should have known better(and there were other, more subtle ways to accomplish her goals if she just wanted to stop them from killing each other). That said, it will be interesting to see how this pans out over the next few issues and beyond.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, I agree, it was an emotionally reflexive move that jeopardized Yukio's situation. As I intimated before in my previous post in this thread, Storm knows how to deal with the devil if it furthers her goals. She agreed to do whatever Logan would for Yukio. Yukio explained these underground matches were a vent for the criminal's bloodlust that kept it off the streets. Storm has killed and will kill again if the situation calls for it; she has moved past her youthful naivety in that regard.

This move was a rash one, and Storm as a cunning strategist should have known better(and there were other, more subtle ways to accomplish her goals if she just wanted to stop them from killing each other). That said, it will be interesting to see how this pans out over the next few issues and beyond.
    That's just it, though, she didn't just want to stop the match, she wanted to change the rules as well. In stepping in as she did, she set herself up to be like the authority in the room. She took center stage and announced that the rules were going to change. If all she wanted to do was to stop that one fight, then I would agree with you. However, as I've stated, her ambitions went beyond that.

I think Storm's thought processes went along these lines:
    1) Stop the one guy from killing the other.
    2) Things cannot progress like this, time to lay down the law.
    3) After achieving objectives one and two, deal with the situation/consequences of accomplishing those goals as they come.
    4) No matter what happens, I will not lose.

When she agreed to do whatever Logan would do, she did not expect that Wolverine would go this far. She did not know what she was agreeing to, but found out too late. That's why she said what she said in the very last panel on the last page of the whole issue.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-15-2014 at 06:27 PM.

BANNED

That's just it, though, she didn't just want to stop the match, she wanted to change the rules as well. In stepping in as she did, she set herself up to be like the authorityin the room. She took center stage and announced that the rules were going to chance. If all she wanted to do was to stop that one fight, then I would agree with you. However, as I've stated, her ambitions went beyond that.

I think Storm's thought processes went along these lines:
    1) Stop the one guy from killing the other.
    2) Things cannot progress like this, time to lay down the law.
    3) After achieving objectives one and two, deal with the situation/consequences of accomplishing those goals as they come.
    4) No matter what happens, I will not lose.
    I agree, and I like her impulsiveness. She needs it right now. I think Storm is going to destroy the underground pretty well in the next few issues.

o