Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So far so good. The plot sounded great and I bought it even though I've never liked Remender's writing. I never bothered with the last issue of Doctor Voodoo and even stopped reading his X-Force midway through an issue. Axis? It's just a fun high octane story that by having two good issues in a row has already bested Original Sin, AKA Nick Fury Retcon Theater...

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    CBR's questions sure were male character focused. No love for Rogue or even Wanda and how like they are the driving force so far? Hmm.....
    After what RR has done to them, can you blame the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Archangel better be back soon.
    I've been waiting for 3 years. So far its been fairly disappointing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    So far so good. The plot sounded great and I bought it even though I've never liked Remender's writing. I never bothered with the last issue of Doctor Voodoo and even stopped reading his X-Force midway through an issue. Axis? It's just a fun high octane story that by having two good issues in a row has already bested Original Sin, AKA Nick Fury Retcon Theater...
    It's been way better than Original Sin so far Especially with the 2nd issue, which actually felt much more full and less like a filler issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by C_W View Post
    I've been waiting for 3 years. So far its been fairly disappointing.
    Well, isn't he technically dying right now anyways?

Just bring back this magnificent bastard!

That's all I really want.
    It really wouldn't surprise me if he comes back because of this. Based on what Wanda and Strange were attempting to do with Onslaught, if there's anything life of pre-life seed Warren inside him, it seems like the inversion would bring that front and center.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    He didn't fall for nothing. There is still no explanation why Skull grew so big and came back to life. Will be intriguing to see Magnrto, Carnage, Doom, and Enchantress teaming like this.
    Yes.

Yes, he dd. Skull was practically begging him to kill him in that issue. It's pretty obvious. There's no direct textual explanation yet from the characters, but the subtext is pretty obvious. Magneto's striking down the Red Skull has made him more powerful by releasing the Red Onslaught.

It's pretty obvious what happened, even if it isn't spelled out.

Mags and some of his fans will argue 'How was he to know?!' and try to defend it, but let's remember that Mags knew Charles was potentially still in there, didn't care, knows that the psionic energies of a being like Xavier isn't necessarily extinguished on death (and didn't care) from previous experience in comics, and knows that Onslaught is a being composed of his and Xavier's darkest sides and the Red Skull is sitting there, taunting him, rather than doing /any of the other things he could do/ while Mags advances on him with a rock in hand.

Red Skull manipulates Magneto into doing exactly what he needed him to do to allow him to become Onslaught. Ahab and Kang are probably at least partially responsible for this, given we don't know exactly all of what Ahab told the Skull. Of course, a guy like Magneto is /never/ going to accept that his indulgence of rage and vengeance, /no matter how understandable those feelings are leads to greater disaster.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-15-2014 at 07:58 PM.

All-New Member

I really liked this issue.

cannot wait for another god damn week lol

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yes.

Yes, he dd. Skull was practically begging him to kill him in that issue. It's pretty obvious. There's no direct textual explanation yet from the characters, but the subtext is pretty obvious. Magneto's striking down the Red Skull has made him more powerful by releasing the Red Onslaught.

It's pretty obvious what happened, even if it isn't spelled out.

Mags and some of his fans will argue 'How was he to know?!' and try to defend it, but let's remember that Mags knew Charles was potentially still in there, didn't care, knows that the psionic energies of a being like Xavier isn't necessarily extinguished on death (and didn't care) from previous experience in comics, and knows that Onslaught is a being composed of his and Xavier's darkest sides and the Red Skull is sitting there, taunting him, rather than doing /any of the other things he could do/ while Mags advances on him with a rock in hand.

Red Skull manipulates Magneto into doing exactly what he needed him to do to allow him to become Onslaught. Ahab and Kang are probably at least partially responsible for this, given we don't know exactly all of what Ahab told the Skull. Of course, a guy like Magneto is /never/ going to accept that his indulgence of rage and vengeance, /no matter how understandable those feelings are leads to greater disaster.
    You may need to read Magneto #11 it also adds to the storytelling of AXIS #2 very well.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    He didn't fall for nothing. There is still no explanation why Skull grew so big and came back to life. Will be intriguing to see Magnrto, Carnage, Doom, and Enchantress teaming like this.
    While I agree Skull turning into Onslaught is a bit hard to understand (hell, I don't completely understand how the original Onslaught came to be), I think it's kind of obvious that Mags ended up doing EXACTLY what Skull wanted him to do.

Though Magneto's actions were understandable given the situation, I think Magneto is also smart enough to realize that Skull had his number the entire time and he fell for it. And he's gonna feel bad about that, regardless of if he lets it show or not.

Same with Stark. Skull played him too. Granted it was with mind control but still.... he ended up doing what the Skull wanted just like Magneto. And that's largely why both ended up being characters the story focused on for this portion of the story.

All-New Member

So... where I can see red skull in Marvel NOW Iron man issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    You may need to read Magneto #11 it also adds to the storytelling of AXIS #2 very well.
    I haven't read it yet. I've not even read Axis 1 yet.

Can you summarize for the purpose of discussion, though?

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by rctroh View Post
    So... where I can see red skull in Marvel NOW Iron man issue?
    You won't find him in the solo Iron Man series. We first learn of Skull's manipulation of Tony in the first issue of Axis.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I haven't read it yet. I've not even read Axis 1 yet.

Can you summarize for the purpose of discussion, though?
    Oh, well I am not very good at reviews but lest see

[Spoiler] Magneto leaves the battle for fear of making things worse given Onslaught partially comes from him originally, he talks to Briar, a new character and an ally of him, and aks her why should he go on with his personal mission if it seems he just makes things worse for the mutants and if what he does is worth anything at all, Briar shows him pictures of his life and past deeds and an interview of a small mutant girl who thinks that maybe Magneto isnīt a good man but the mutants need someone like him to help them survive. Briar says to Magneto that is his legacy and the reason for his mission. After that Magneto goes to recruit Dr Doom, Loki, Carnage, Hobglobin, Echantress, Absorbing man, Mystique, Sabretooth, etc. to defeat the Skullīs sentinels who are programed to deal with heros powers but not villains, Magneto says that what the world needs now is villains. end [/Spoiler]

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-15-2014 at 08:41 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's been way better than Original Sin so far Especially with the 2nd issue, which actually felt much more full and less like a filler issue.

Well, isn't he technically dying right now anyways?
    If we want to get technical about it Warren is dead. I am eagerly awaiting his resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanspiff85 View Post
    It really wouldn't surprise me if he comes back because of this. Based on what Wanda and Strange were attempting to do with Onslaught, if there's anything life of pre-life seed Warren inside him, it seems like the inversion would bring that front and center.
    Oh you have no idea how much I want this to happen. It seems like such a simple way to bring him back but unfortunately the life seed erased Warren and recreated a new being in his image. Although Remender never clearly explained what the new being was....I'm still waiting for an explanation.

If we want to get technical about it Warren is dead. I am eagerly awaiting his resurrection.

Oh you have no idea how much I want this to happen. It seems like such a simple way to bring him back but unfortunately the life seed erased Warren and recreated a new being in his image. Although Remender never clearly explained what the new being was....I'm still waiting for an explanation.
    That's what the characters believed happened, but they could still be wrong about there being nothing of Warren left. Note that Remender also had the Apocalypse twins saying they were confident they could bring their father back.