Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default Superman: Sacrifice paperback

Was just about to start refreshing my Infinite Crisis memory by reading it again and came across Sacrifice in another thread. Is this worth picking up? I've thought about buying it if for nothing else, to see Supes nearly kill Bruce.

All the IC tie in books are worth reading, especially Sacrifice and OMAC Project. Villains Unite isn't essential, but excellent. Crisis of Conscience, Day of Vengeance and Rann/Thanagar War are kinda meh. Many forget the Superman: Infinite Crisis trade, which focuses on Earth 2's Kal-L. Lot of good stuff there.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

It's a pretty important stepping stone towards IC, but not a great read.

I've actually just re-read Rucka's run on Superman, but only got a little into Sacrifice before stopping. I flipped the rest (as I know the main plot point).

I agree OMAC Project is also very important, and Villains United is great fun.

There's also a Prelude to Infinite Crisis collection book (not really a TPB) that runs down the build up. It's pretty handy and covers a LOT of ground.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

If I had to make a choice between Sacrifice and Omac project, I'd go with Omac. It basically sets up Infinite Crisis and is a good read, as its written by Greg Rucka. Also Rucka's run on Supes is good as well, especially if you're a Lois fan. Good stuff.

I didn't think Sacrifice was very good - but it's kind of essential reading as it's part of The OMAC Project. The TPB of the OMAC project stops in the middle to spend a couple of pages giving a recap of what happened in Sacrifice. It was a crazy choice that mars a otherwise excellent TPB.

Sacrifice provides expanded details on Superman's experience as well as fleshes out what happened with the BattyMan. It will help enrich Infinite Crisis