Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why isn't Marvel showing the rest of the Marvel Universe mouring the death of Wolverine ?

Ouside, Steve Rogers and Spider-man, most of the aftermath to the Death of Wolverine is within the X-men world. While I know Marvel has a beef with the X-titles, why isn't the company issuing a mini series and/or a one-shot showcasing the REST OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE and their Mourning over Wolverine ?

I mean they did that for Steve Rogers when he died in the aftermath of Civil War or Johnny Storm in Fanstiic Four ?

Coudln't the same thing be done for Logan, even despite his "way of life ?"

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Wolverine was/is a murderous mutie in the eyes of the 616 populace. No point mourning him as they did Captain America, the first Avenger and America's male hunk sweetheart.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Wolverine was/is a murderous mutie in the eyes of the 616 populace. No point mourning him as they did Captain America, the first Avenger and America's male hunk sweetheart.
    Plus Johnny Storm was seen as that loveable rogue guy. FF have better PR in eyes of world than the X-Men.

Well he was an Avenger no matter what people think of him so yes that has a bit of merit. I personally don't care one bit though what the Avengers think about his death.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Because he was a lunkheaded, foul-smelling, unrepentant murderer with the manners and mannerisms of a lost-in-time Neanderthal and their world has cleaner air, brighter sunshine and a much smaller knife-related death toll without him.

Also, in the case of the Avengers specifically, they are kinda worrying about, y'know, the entire planet facing total annihilation at unpredictable intervals via other Earths smashing into it. In the face of all that, who cares about the life of one Canadian shortarse?
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

We really don't need a one, shot or mini about the Avengers mourning hin. Besides I think we have plenty of books already. Personally I, rather see what the X-Men think. The Avengers book already took Xavier's eulogy I'm glad we get one for logan. That's why I'm eager to read Life after Logan
    X-Men Forever

Probably because the rest of the Marvel Universe knows he will be back inside a year.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So pretty much that.

BANNED

I just want to see the Hulk and Thing say good bye to Wolverine in their own ways. I mean Wolverine was the only one that was able to cut up Ben Grimm's Rocky face.

And the Hulk, because of the symbolic moment between the two rivals.

Is that so wrong to ask ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Because he was a lunkheaded, foul-smelling, unrepentant murderer with the manners and mannerisms of a lost-in-time Neanderthal and their world has cleaner air, brighter sunshine and a much smaller knife-related death toll without him.

Also, in the case of the Avengers specifically, they are kinda worrying about, y'know, the entire planet facing total annihilation at unpredictable intervals via other Earths smashing into it. In the face of all that, who cares about the life of one Canadian shortarse?
    Maybe the fact that many multiple Earths have a Wolverine as well ?

BANNED

Remember Sentry"Fallen Son? lol.

Also, where's the mini of all the people cheering he's gone? Starring the fans who are sick to death of his hypocritical bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post

Also, where's the mini of all the people cheering he's gone? Starring the fans who are sick to death of his hypocritical bullshit.
    Just look in the mirror
    "This is me being reasonable"

Spectacular Member

Because having every team and every person who even remotely caught a whiff of him mourning just for marvel to make a quick buck is a waste of time and-BAHAHAHA.

As for the rest of the universe? I guess he's just not that inspirational to the general marvel universe public and you can only have so many issues about one death before an event like Axis.
    Last edited by idiyona; 10-15-2014 at 03:33 PM.

oh there should totally be a Thing Memorial Poker game issue! That would be awesome!

Seriously though, Wolverine escaped Hell a few years ago and Nightcrawler escaped Heaven just this year. Death is now just a silly vacation for characters, and they should know that.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Maybe the fact that many multiple Earths have a Wolverine as well ?
    Ultimate Wolverine's long dead, and all other parallel Earths don't have long enough for their Wolverines to matter.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.