Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    First of all, Thank You Top Cow for the tremendous opportunity.

My submission was sent in, few minutes ago.
    I really enjoyed this community of selfless creators helping each others out, and of course the timely advice and clarifications from the Top Cow staff.

I see fantastic art, all around. My gratitude to all the artist who were kind enough to share their hard work with us. I don't envy the judges.
    Allow me to grab this opportunity and wish you all the best of luck.

Unfortunately, (and understandably) the writers can't share their sweat and blood, like our friends do. However, we can share some of the facts from behind the scenes. For example; it took me about 6 weekends to complete the script. I spent few hours each weekend, trying my best to move the plot forward. Further 2 weeks were needed to polish the script from 28 word pages to 24. Got rid of few nonsense and replaced them all with utter rubbish. (Just kidding)

Surprisingly, it took me 3 days to come up with a title. Of course I had a working title just in case I run out of time and can't think of a better one, but once the script was completed, the process of naming "my baby" proved to be harder than I imagined. After coming up with a long list of candidates, finally I was able to narrow it down to 2 titles I liked the most. I suppose there is no harm in revealing the one that didn't make the final cut.

"WITCHBLADE: Was Never On Paskalomatunturi, I Just Like Saying Paskalomatunturi"

Seriously, it was a great pleasure and privilege, not only to participate in this contest, but to be granted a permission to write about some of the greatest characters today's comic book industry can offer.

May the best artists and writers win.
    That's the title that lost out? That's a great title !

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
    Double dose of my drivel has been sent (sorry Ryan ). Four excruciating months of waiting for results begins now.
    4 Months?! Damn that's a lot...it may be even longer this year I heard Matt Hawkins say on the Top Cow Podcast that there's an increase in the amount of entries every year. Comics is such a competitive field, and it's so hard to get in. I can't thank Top Cow enough for doing this. No publisher out there takes risks like this. Last year for example I found out about the contest the week it was closing.

Anyways, I see so much talent here. I'd love to see more stuff from all of you. I know this is the Top Cow contest thread, but maybe our gracious host would allow us to post some of our other work, or for writers, scripts for past entries. How bout it Ryan?

NYwriterdude69

Cant believe im hearing about this so late.

I doubt I have enough time to write and submit something in 24 hrs

But just curious is the deadline 3/15 11:59 pm?

Spectacular Member

Cant believe im hearing about this so late.

I doubt I have enough time to write and submit something in 24 hrs

But just curious is the deadline 3/15 11:59 pm?
    Yep. That is correct.

The best advice I can give, if you're unfamiliar with the Top Cow universe is to focus your research on their Cyber Force characters (since there is less to research). I have also included a rough timeline with a list of sources earlier in the thread.

It's on page 21 (although because of the nature of sliding timelines, it's impossible to have dates which are 100% accurate).

If you have the weekend free, and you don't plan on doing anything else, you might just be able to put a script together in time.
    Last edited by Pauul; 03-14-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Spectacular Member

Well, I just couldn't stop writing. That's my third script for the Talent Hunt completed.

I'll edit it tomorrow.

As for tonight, I'm going to give my second script; 'The Genesis Gambit' a final read over and then I should be ready to submit it.

This has been a very productive day.

All-New Member

Hey guys,

First post here. This is probably a dumb question, but I don't want to be disqualified for something so silly. Can I print the Submission Agreement in Black and White? I was printing it in colors and the printer just ran out of colored ink, hehe. Please, if anyone could help me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!!

All-New Member

This one is for Top Cow Ryan:

When will be the results of this Talent Hunt announced?

BTW, here it's a sample from the secuential pages I sent you! (Just some few minutes ago!!) Hope you like it

The NRG
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Couldn't upload the pic in hi res so I posted a link to the image (it's on my facebook account)
    Hope you see it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The NRG; 03-14-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Spectacular Member

That's my second script submitted.

Hey guys,

First post here. This is probably a dumb question, but I don't want to be disqualified for something so silly. Can I print the Submission Agreement in Black and White? I was printing it in colors and the printer just ran out of colored ink, hehe. Please, if anyone could help me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!!
    I can't imagine it would be a problem, and if it was they'd likely just ask you to resubmit the form rather than disqualifying you, but with any luck Ryan will be along to give you a definitive answer soon.

This one is for Top Cow Ryan:

When will be the results of this Talent Hunt announced?

BTW, here it's a sample from the secuential pages I sent you! (Just some few minutes ago!!) Hope you like it
    I imagine the answer will be something along the lines of, that they'll announce the winners when they have decided upon the winners.

They aren't going to have a real idea of how many people have submitted until midnight tomorrow.

It will probably be a few months, but I doubt Top Cow will be able to give us an exact date.
    Last edited by Pauul; 03-14-2015 at 04:23 PM.

All-New Member

Thanks so much for your help Pauul.
    BTW do you have any idea why can't upload an image in hi res? Cuz I tried to upload some snapshot and when I see it here, it's way too small...

All 7 of my scripts are submitted and I'm mentally exhausted.

All-New Member

Well, I just submitted my script. Let's see what happens!

Best of luck to everyone! And I've gotta say, if I lose, I hope it's to that Pauul guy - he's been a hero in this forum.

Cheers!

All-New Member

Submission Agreement question...The wording a little tricky: (list title, description, other creators or owners, and any other relevant information here). I get the title, but what about description, creators, owners, and other info? Do they just want a basic info (22 page script and that I wrote it)? Or do they want the actual creators for the characters I used? Don't want to disqualified for something small.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Columbo View Post
    Submission Agreement question...The wording a little tricky: (list title, description, other creators or owners, and any other relevant information here). I get the title, but what about description, creators, owners, and other info? Do they just want a basic info (22 page script and that I wrote it)? Or do they want the actual creators for the characters I used? Don't want to disqualified for something small.
    I am not 100% sure, but it should look like this: "Talent Hunt - *Insert your script name* script by *Insert your name*"
    There is no space for description or original creators.
    I know this is the Top Cow contest thread, but maybe our gracious host would allow us to post some of our other work, or for writers, scripts for past entries. How bout it Ryan?
    Another thread, maybe? I like this idea, I wouldn't mind seeing more stuff by you guys. People posting their art here are extremely talented.

My first script is ready. I've been writing about Tilly Grimes and that time when she was the bearer of the Rapture. There are some edgy ideas, some Doom Patrol-inspired stuff, also elements of Ales Kot's Zero and Warren Ellis's Nextwave, and now I am satisfied with it. Have some time to complete my Cyber Force script aaaand I will submit.

All-New Member

I can't imagine it would be a problem, and if it was they'd likely just ask you to resubmit the form rather than disqualifying you, but with any luck Ryan will be along to give you a definitive answer soon.
    That's what I thought. Thanks Pauul!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lulisluc View Post
    That's what I thought. Thanks Pauul!
    Thanks everyone. I know they didn't want a synopsis, but figured I'd check anyway. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right? Good luck to everyone!