Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pauul View Post
    Ha. Well, it's my birthday on Monday. So, if I did win, that would kinda make the day.

And if I don't, at least I won't find out until after my birthday.
    Happy birthday man!!

All-New Member

Happy birthday, Pauul. Thanks for everything you've done on this forum.

All-New Member

Happy birthday, Pauul. You've been really helpful in this thread, very kind and supportive. I can only wish you all the best.

Happy Birthday! Pauul

Spectacular Member

Yep, well, like most of you guys, I didn't hear anything yesterday either.

At least I didn't hear that I'd lost yesterday, that would've been a mood killer

Thank you for all the good wishes.

Still, I am kinda excited to find out who has won.

Hey guys!

guess what?!

I won!!!

naaahhh! I'm just kidding!

you guys can kill me now...lol

At least I didn't hear that I'd lost yesterday, that would've been a mood killer

I doubt they'll tell us that we lost -- they'll just announce the winners instead. And I suppose the winners have already been notified but sworn to secrecy until all due paperwork is done with. Only after that will they be publicly announced.

No news is good news, right?
    Last edited by Attila Kiss; 05-21-2015 at 02:44 AM.

Spectacular Member

Hope you had a great birthday Pauul. I'm with you, I can't wait to find out who won either. Another cool thing is once the winners are announced I'll get to post my story, and maybe get some feedback from you and some of the other writers on here. So even though I did not win, I'm keeping it positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Franshux View Post
    I doubt they'll tell us that we lost -- they'll just announce the winners instead. And I suppose the winners have already been notified but sworn to secrecy until all due paperwork is done with. Only after that will they be publicly announced.
    ShakeZula posted this screenshot in regards to that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/topcowmat...52469511540736

Spectacular Member

The funniest thing just happened. So I'm taking a shower, and my wife yells out that my phone is ringing, I ask who it is, and she says I don't know its a number from California, I jumped out the shower, wet, naked, nearly falling on my face, run from the shower to the kitchen like I'm the Flash, and when I get to the phone..it was some company offering me life insurance. My wife is looking at me like I'm crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by JVillain View Post
    The funniest thing just happened. So I'm taking a shower, and my wife yells out that my phone is ringing, I ask who it is, and she says I don't know its a number from California, I jumped out the shower, wet, naked, nearly falling on my face, run from the shower to the kitchen like I'm the Flash, and when I get to the phone..it was some company offering me life insurance. My wife is looking at me like I'm crazy.
    XD I'd do the same! Haven't heard anything either though. I wonder if the winners have already been notified, in which case I lost or if it'll take all week (so we still have a chance). The suspense is killing me XD

Quote Originally Posted by KY Matty View Post
    ShakeZula posted this screenshot in regards to that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/topcowmat...52469511540736
    Tht was back on the 14th. I asked him again the following day or th other and then he told me they wouldn't be notified until Monday at the earliest.

BUT come to think of it: you will publicly announce something, right? Before you do so, you want to make sure said announcement will come to happen, so you have to be sure those you're going to announce as winners and future artists/writers for Top Cow will ACTUALLY be available. So, you HAVE to notify them before you announce them -- then make sure everything is set in stone (and, in the case one of them is NOT available, you have to get the follwing guy in the "replacements" list to confirm whether he is), and once it is (and only then) announce it publicly. So, if they're aiming to announce it this week, logically they have to start doing that soon -- or they should have started doing it already, only they'd have sworn winners to secret so as not to spoil the surprise nor make things more legally complicated.

That's the way I see it, at least; it's kinda depressing, but I think it make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Franshux View Post
    Tht was back on the 14th. I asked him again the following day or th other and then he told me they wouldn't be notified until Monday at the earliest.

BUT come to think of it: you will publicly announce something, right? Before you do so, you want to make sure said announcement will come to happen, so you have to be sure those you're going to announce as winners and future artists/writers for Top Cow will ACTUALLY be available. So, you HAVE to notify them before you announce them -- then make sure everything is set in stone (and, in the case one of them is NOT available, you have to get the follwing guy in the "replacements" list to confirm whether he is), and once it is (and only then) announce it publicly. So, if they're aiming to announce it this week, logically they have to start doing that soon -- or they should have started doing it already, only they'd have sworn winners to secret so as not to spoil the surprise nor make things more legally complicated.

That's the way I see it, at least; it's kinda depressing, but I think it make sense.
    I hear ya. I've been looking at it as if they are down to a select few favorites and they haven't been able to make a decision. I like my way better, then we're still in the running and get to keep the dream a little longer. Also, I would think that they would post on the thread that the winners have been notified. People on here seem to be getting pretty antsy. I know I might be moved to tears to get a winning email. But, maybe you're right. Anyway you see it, everybody has a heads up on next year and that's pretty righteous! I'm excited!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KY Matty View Post
    I hear ya. I've been looking at it as if they are down to a select few favorites and they haven't been able to make a decision. I like my way better, then we're still in the running and get to keep the dream a little longer. Also, I would think that they would post on the thread that the winners have been notified. People on here seem to be getting pretty antsy. I know I might be moved to tears to get a winning email. But, maybe you're right. Anyway you see it, everybody has a heads up on next year and that's pretty righteous! I'm excited!
    Maybe you are right and some of us are being a bit pessimistic. I think if you won you would probably be receiving a phone call first then a confirmation email. That is the kind of news you want to deliver in person you know what I mean? Then once they got all the winners notified and confirmed, they would probably post that the winners have been chosen and notified without releasing the names. I think they would probably want to release that information at a con,or some place where they have a big media spotlight instead of like just a post on here. Maybe they are either running behind, but or having difficulty picking a close race. It may be a photo finish as they say.

For my part, after reading the recent IX Genration #3 and IX Generation Hidden files, without giving out any spoilers the way it seems they are treating the Artifacts going forward may not fit perfectly with my Treatment of the 13th Artifact. My other story though completely self contained resonated back to some things they may be moving away from. So that wouldn't fit. And my art submission? Well competition is really stiff, and it depends what they're look my for. So with that in mind I'm looking to the next thing. I'm just trying to be pragmatic about it. I gotta do more research about this XI Generation world, and As Aphrodite IX before I set pen to paper so to speak, so hope is not likely lost, just greatly diminished.