Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

I have a question. Is it ok if I pick pages from more than one script. For exampe 5 pages from the Witchblade sample script, the 5 pages from the Cyber Force script and then 5 pages from a writer (Colaboration) who is also going the talent hunt? And then send these 15 pages as single submission?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    I have a question. Is it ok if I pick pages from more than one script. For exampe 5 pages from the Witchblade sample script, the 5 pages from the Cyber Force script and then 5 pages from a writer (Colaboration) who is also going the talent hunt? And then send these 15 pages as single submission?
    Hi Temujin,

As for including multiple story submissions, well, we need at least 8 sequential pages from the same story. If you'd like to do 8 of several that's fine but we HAVE to have 8 pages of the same story, to accurately gauge consistent and varied storytelling on our terms.
    Last edited by Top Cow Ryan; 10-16-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Spectacular Member

ANNOUNCEMENT #2:

Hi all - quick note. I may have personally given some false information in replies to a couple folks.

We ARE allowing artists and writers to team up - if you want to write a 22 page script and have your artist buddy draw at least 8 pages of it, that's A-OKAY. Just remember - at least 8 sequential pages per story.

Sorry for any confusion caused on my part!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cow Ryan View Post
    Subt1e, I'm afraid that for art submissions, we're only considering submissions based on the scripts we sent out in the rules zip.
    ANNOUNCEMENT #2:

Hi all - quick note. I may have personally given some false information in replies to a couple folks.

We ARE allowing artists and writers to team up - if you want to write a 22 page script and have your artist buddy draw at least 8 pages of it, that's A-OKAY. Just remember - at least 8 sequential pages per story.

So, I can write and draw my own submission then?

ANNOUNCEMENT #2:

Awesome and thanks for answering so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Subt1e View Post
    As I understand it only if you are also submiting as an artist and writer following the rules of both

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mhawkins View Post
    We've been lenient on this. If something dramatically counters continuity we've dropped it in the no pile. My best suggestion would be to do something easy, a story based on character and a single plot point or two. Keep it simple. I really liked the Artifacts 39 story from the last year's Talent Hunt. That winner wrote a bedtime story where Jackie told Hope about the first Darkness bearer. At the end of it when she asked if that was true, he said nope, he made it all up. That's in Jackie's character, kind of funny and works well as a one shot story. Nominal nods to continuity or storylines of the comics is good, but don't do anything earth shattering. Don't blow up a city, kill a major character, do something that we'd have to explain in the regular books. The only two you really need to worry aboutthat with are Aphodite IX and Witchblade. There aren't regular publications of the others.

Thanks very much for the response! And yeah, that is a great one shot idea...shame I didn't think of it XD

Amazing Member

Thank you for this opportunity. I am a big fan of some artists, so I have some reference books -- HunterKiller/Cyberforce, Cyberforce Mini... Is there a reference series or book(s) that lists the heights of the characters? Relative size charts? I remember reading the Witchblade Characters' heights somewhere -- but I can't recall where and some characters I am less familiar with like the Artifact bearers. Thank you in advance.

All-New Member

@mhawkins @Top Cow Ryan. Hi, I'm going through the Withcblade #134 script and I'm confused about the following:

-In page 6, panel 5 it reads: "...as he turns to look deeper in the panel, where Sara is examining the." What is she examining?
    -In page 7, panel 3 it reads: "Gleason gestures toward or points to the" What is he pointing at?

English is not my mother tongue, but it seems there's some text missing on those lines. Can you clarify?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Carmdq; 10-17-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmdq View Post
    @mhawkins @Top Cow Ryan. Hi, I'm going through the Withcblade #134 script and I'm confused about the following:

-In page 6, panel 5 it reads: "...as he turns to look deeper in the panel, where Sara is examining the." What is she examining?
    -In page 7, panel 3 it reads: "Gleason gestures toward or points to the" What is he pointing at?

English is not my mother tongue, but it seems there's some text missing on those lines. Can you clarify?

Thanks.
    Answer from Ron Marz at Twitter:

...as he turns to look deeper in the panel, where Sara is examining the... THE BATTERED DOOR!!!!

...Gleason gestures toward or points to the" What is he pointing at...
    JUST STRIKE THE LAST SENTENCE!
    Last edited by Temujin; 10-17-2014 at 07:35 AM.

So I have to be honest...I'm not terribly familiar with much of the source material

Is there particularly a good place to start for a relative newcomer to Top Cow properties?

Maybe Tom Judge is a good beginner Character. http://www.comicvine.com/tom-judge/4005-52130/
    He has not so many appearances (His own Universe mini series and Artifacts are a good point to start)

Another good start is Cyber Force rebirth (it is a reboot of the series and only 10 issues to read)
    Last edited by Temujin; 10-17-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subt1e View Post
    Yes, I was mistaken when I said you couldn't.

Just be sure to submit both the script as a writer, and the art as an artist (obviously).

Eva

Hi, I want to team up with some people as a colourist. So please let me know if you want a colourist.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningmax View Post
    Thank you for this opportunity. I am a big fan of some artists, so I have some reference books -- HunterKiller/Cyberforce, Cyberforce Mini... Is there a reference series or book(s) that lists the heights of the characters? Relative size charts? I remember reading the Witchblade Characters' heights somewhere -- but I can't recall where and some characters I am less familiar with like the Artifact bearers. Thank you in advance.
    Those MIGHT be in the Top Cow Bible. That's the only book I can think of that would have such a list/comparison.