Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Hey folks! Long time no post. I have had very limited computer access for the last month or so.
    So, I have exactly 0 of the source material. Does anybody know if there are compendiums for these books? If so, does anybody know where to get them on the cheap? I have looked through Ebay and Amazon with little success. I have read what I have found available on the internet, but that is about it and as far as really knowing the world, I'd like to have gone through all of the material.
    @Pauul any suggestions?
    The best advice I could give would be to pick up the Aphrodite IX hardcover. But, it is very far from cheap.

End of the day, if you really want to win this, you're going to have to invest a lot of time and a bit of money.

Oh, and I got my blog up and running; https://paulpennawrites.wordpress.com/

So far, I've only made a couple of posts about the Talent Hunt but I'll hopefully be making more once the new Talent Hunt officially launches.

I'm not going to be visiting this thread as often, so I thought it would be a good idea to put any tips, advice etc all in one place.

All-New Member

In the past, Top Cow has allowed for multiple submissions from writers, but I didn't see any such language in the materials.

Has anyone heard whether they're accepting multiple scripts from individual writers this year?

Also, thanks to folks like Pauul and LightningMax and all the others who do so much to make these Talent Hunt boards so helpful each year.

All-New Member

I have like 4 writers wanting me to draw up their scripts are artists allowed to do multiple submissions or are they just allowed one.?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonFarley View Post
    I have like 4 writers wanting me to draw up their scripts are artists allowed to do multiple submissions or are they just allowed one.?
    Yes -- You can enter multiple times. You just have to put a signed form with each one.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guyyoudontknow View Post
    In the past, Top Cow has allowed for multiple submissions from writers, but I didn't see any such language in the materials.

Has anyone heard whether they're accepting multiple scripts from individual writers this year?

Also, thanks to folks like Pauul and LightningMax and all the others who do so much to make these Talent Hunt boards so helpful each year.
    You're welcome! I want to be more helpful this time! I want to be Pauul!

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Are we there, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningmax View Post
    I want to be Pauul!
    That's the spirit!

All-New Member

Today is the day. The start of the contest. Who's ready?
    -points thumbs at face-
    "This Guy!"

All-New Member

i guess I should start reading source materials. Seems like a tons of pages to read and I am still confused about it a bit, but I believe it will be fun. I am a bit afraid of writing script in English though
    I have one question about art submissions. I have checked several pages of this topic but I am still not sure. Artist submits drawn pages based on script. Those pages need to be B/W pencil-work or can be digitally drawn and colored? I don't draw myself, but my partner draws a lot digitally and she would like to enter.
    I think that one paragraph feedback will be nice motivation for lot of people good luck everyone and have fun writing/drawing!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pauul View Post
    Oh, and I got my blog up and running; https://paulpennawrites.wordpress.com/

So far, I've only made a couple of posts about the Talent Hunt but I'll hopefully be making more once the new Talent Hunt officially launches.

I'm not going to be visiting this thread as often, so I thought it would be a good idea to put any tips, advice etc all in one place.
    Hi Pauul. Thanks for sharing the link! I'll be following your blog for sure.

For everyone else, how's everybody progressing in the Talent Hunt?
    So far I've just been reading and re-reading the source material. I haven't hit upon a really killer idea I want to write yet, but I'm sure it will come soon enough.

Default 2016 Talent Hunt thread is up now!

Hey everyone, just a post to notify everyone following this thread that there is a shiny new thread for the 2016 Top Cow Talent Hunt up right now! It can still be found in its usual place, atop the Image forum, or by following this link. Good luck to all contestants!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by settlechaos View Post
    Today is the day. The start of the contest. Who's ready?
    -points thumbs at face-
    "This Guy!"
    Ready to get it on! I've read the scripts that they have supplied. I've started designs and layouts. I intend to complete eight pages from all scripts as well as write and draw my own script. Look forward to seeing you in the new thread.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Potkaniak View Post
    i guess I should start reading source materials. Seems like a tons of pages to read and I am still confused about it a bit, but I believe it will be fun. I am a bit afraid of writing script in English though
    I have one question about art submissions. I have checked several pages of this topic but I am still not sure. Artist submits drawn pages based on script. Those pages need to be B/W pencil-work or can be digitally drawn and colored? I don't draw myself, but my partner draws a lot digitally and she would like to enter.
    I think that one paragraph feedback will be nice motivation for lot of people good luck everyone and have fun writing/drawing!
    I understand the difficulty writing in another language. An artist can submit in any art format digital or analog, the most important thing is that the storytelling is clear and characters are recognizable.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    Hi Pauul. Thanks for sharing the link! I'll be following your blog for sure.

For everyone else, how's everybody progressing in the Talent Hunt?
    So far I've just been reading and re-reading the source material. I haven't hit upon a really killer idea I want to write yet, but I'm sure it will come soon enough.
    Killer idea -- a serial killer in the future? Not bad -- how do you kill a cyborg? Or a serial killer that hunts the IX Generation -- maybe the killer keeps killing the same IX? Cool. Would the IX care since they can just be reborn repeatedly? Lot of material to mine there.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningmax View Post
    Killer idea -- a serial killer in the future? Not bad -- how do you kill a cyborg? Or a serial killer that hunts the IX Generation -- maybe the killer keeps killing the same IX? Cool. Would the IX care since they can just be reborn repeatedly? Lot of material to mine there.
    Nice. That'd definitely be the way to go if you want to see how much blood and violence you can fit into a single issue.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    Nice. That'd definitely be the way to go if you want to see how much blood and violence you can fit into a single issue.
    You said killer idea