Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465

I just finished my eight pages art and i will propably sent my submission in a few days. I have a question about limit size . is it ok to half the size of my art ( 11''x17 '' to 5.5'' 8.5 '') because when i decrease the quality still dosnt meet the email of 10 mb submission limit?

Custom User Title

You would probably want to reduce the resolution to 72dpi which will bring a 7"x10.5" file down to around 250-300kb when saved as a jpeg at maximum quality. I'd assume that all the entries would be viewed on a screen rather than being printed out.

Thanks for the answer Mathew. It helped a lot. A preview of my submission can be viewed here http://sh4d0vvkn1ght.deviantart.com/...-1-8-562193513 (since we the artists can post our art before contest ends ) . There are some changes between the panels of the script of the contest and the published Athena IX #1 comic but i suppose we should follow the script and so i have done. Feel free to use my page as reference if you cant find the reference comics . best luck to everyone.

PedroHAdamo

Just out of curiosity, has it been established anywhere what kind of world exists between the City-States? Is there some variety, life or exploitable resources, or is it all barren?

Jay

Just a quick question. I just recently found out about the talent search and was planning on doing 8 pages from Athena IX, but the script and the issue vary a bit here and there, some things say full page and its not in the issue or a head is supposed to be stomped on when its not in the issue etc.

I was just wondering, should I adhere more to the script or what is in the final issue? Or a mix of the two? I have no problem interpreting the script, but wasn't sure if the changes were made in later edits by the writer or if the artist made them.

I've already done turnarounds for the characters to get the look and feel that I want, as well as thumbnails for the 8 pages, but since I'm assuming you'll be comparing the actual printed issue to my work, I just wanted to save some time and see what the Judges and the rest of the team thought.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Jay; 01-02-2016 at 09:10 AM.

All-New Member

So I finished pencilling 8 pages for Top Cow´s Talent Hunt, now how do I submit? I mean, I pack them all in a pdf with a weight of less than 10 mb, right? And what do I do with the submission agreement? I print it, fill it and then I scan it? Do I sent it in the same mail or in a different one? Or do I pack it in the same pdf as the pages? Thanks for reading, hope someone replies