Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default What We've Learned From Warner Bros' DC Comics Film Announcement

Warner Bros. announcement of 10 DC Comics films has shed new light on the status of the DC movie universe, and confirmed more than a few casting choices.

Full article here.

BANNED

This is what we learnt, this is all vapor until I see a script, actors signed and filming has started. When it comes to wb, I believe it when I see it, otherwise, AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mighty Member

Can't wait for the WW movie. And to learn who GL will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlok2011 View Post
    This is what we learnt, this is all vapor until I see a script, actors signed and filming has started. When it comes to wb, I believe it when I see it, otherwise, AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    So you don't trust a company that makes 18-22 films a year to be able to make a movie?

Spectacular Member

I don't mind them keeping the movie versions separate, but I hope that they do allow the occasional TV actor in different roles, nodding to a series past or present while still obviously being a different continuity. Lynda Carter as Hippolyta springs to mind. I'm not asking for the movies to be scattered with TV actors but if it's a cameo or an obvious good fit, I think it could be a crowd pleaser.

Linda Carter as Hippolyta is brilliant A+

BANNED

As a long time DC fan I await these films with trepidation. Jason Momoa as Aquaman seems like a poor choice to me and after the depressing and distorted Superman of Zach Snyder I can't help but feel DC is headed in the wrong direction with their movie universe. The same teens I know who will go see anything with MARVEL attached to it hated Superman and were bored by Green Lantern. Batman stands out , but they see him as Batman, not part of a DC Universe. Maybe DC should keep to TV?

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Green Lantern should be DC's Iron Man. They really need to nail it on a second attempt. Go with John Stewart.

Also I am sceptical about the DC movie future. Especially if Zack 'slo-mo' Snyder continues to be the visionary behind it. I don't expect BvS to be much of an improvement over Man of the Steel.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    As a long time DC fan I await these films with trepidation. Jason Momoa as Aquaman seems like a poor choice to me and after the depressing and distorted Superman of Zach Snyder I can't help but feel DC is headed in the wrong direction with their movie universe. The same teens I know who will go see anything with MARVEL attached to it hated Superman and were bored by Green Lantern. Batman stands out , but they see him as Batman, not part of a DC Universe. Maybe DC should keep to TV?
    Not me. I love the direction. I don't want a Marvel clone. I want more serious superhero movies. Even if they don't make as much as Marvel films, that's fine with me. So long as they make enough to keep making more of them.

This is so awesome. This is goign to completely change the movie landscape as we know it. A Wonder Woman movie and a Cyborg movie.

remember 10 years ago when you never thought we'd see an Aquaman movie.

And Justice League is finally happening. Wow. I will always remember this day
    The J-man

All-New Member

It's too bad they can't make the Flash movie about Wally West. Or could they? This way we have Barry for the series and Wally for the films. Although, it might have been better the other way around. Even better, have both in a film first and spin-off Wally for a Kid Flash series.

DC and WB should have better thought this one through. Oh well...

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This is so awesome. This is goign to completely change the movie landscape as we know it. A Wonder Woman movie and a Cyborg movie.

Me too. Make Mine DC! Great news WB, thank you!
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

This is so damn exciting. Love the castings, love the schedule and most importantly...

JUSTICE LEAGUE PARTS 1 AND 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!

A wonderful time to be a DC fan.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

There's no excuse not to get hold of Will Smith for John Stewart. Ryan Reynolds is already moving on to Deadpool. Hal had his turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

10 Years ago Aquaman was the #1 movie in America (according to Entourage).
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum