View Poll Results: What did you think of MM: USM #6?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

38 60.32%
  • Good. I enjoy where this is going.

19 30.16%
  • Meh. Not bad, but I didn't love it.

3 4.76%
  • Bad. I didn't really care for this story.

1 1.59%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

2 3.17%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Well this is the cover for #9, Bendis just posted it on his tumblr.

Attachment 11569

I really hope Bendis doesn't have Miles fight his father, that'd be so cliché and really not a realistic direction for the series. The idea of Miles permanently joining SHIELD is great though, and would solidify his identity as a completely different Spider-Man to Peter.
    It would be more in-line with the cartoon though.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

This new cover has me excited. I'm assuming that someone decided to reassemble SHIELD. On the topic of Jefferson I don't really know what to make of the situation. I believe that issue 8 was teased as having something do to with him and the Hydra logo was shown. This could be seen as Jefferson having been a member back in the day or Hydra returns prompting the reassembly of SHIELD and Jefferson is a separate issue altogether. Either way I can't wait.

I'd be down with Miles' dad's past to be uncovered and we see what he got into, but like everyone else I don't want him to be a villain. That'd be too cliched.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    This issue was good but the story is starting to feel like it's dragging. I like how people are so quick to say this Peter, in the comic and in the real world. Didn't we have the same sort of thing happen with Gwen?

Please see Ultimate Spider-Man #99, 127, 128.

Plus you are willing to believe that he was unconscious for about 2 years and just woke up in a lab outside of Atlanta, thanks for the shoutout Bendis (POWERS), and came straight to Queens. Sounds familiar with how Gwen returned. If the real Peter is back that's cool, too.

THE REAL QUESTION IS WHO BURIES SPIDER-MAN IN A NORMAL CEMETARY KNOWING ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE WOULD WANT HIS CORPSE/DNA?

The art work was great as usual by Marquez. There were a few places where things were off. The blood on JJJ disappearing in the next panel, the flashback page with Harry being green instead of orange, Wolverine looking like he's from the 616 and the reuse of an entire page from a previous issue. I think the overuse of double page spreads makes this book go by quicker. I read Ms. Marvel before I read this and it felt like a much longer read.

I am also a fan of the Venom Blast so this fight was fine with me but the 'it affects Goblin's altered physiology thing' did seem a bit too convenient. I was just happy with Miles fighting confidently and smart. The cliff hanger was almost too much of a stretch for me.

My favorite panel was of Miles saying, "Maybe someone cloned you." And Maria Hill in the background with a smug look on her face pointing at Miles with her thumb as if to say I agree with this guy.

All that being said I can't wait for next weeks issue.

RIP - JJJ
    Well, Wolverine and his staff buried Xavier in a very accessible place so... This has precedence for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well, Wolverine and his staff buried Xavier in a very accessible place so... This has precedence for Marvel.
    And we all know how well that one went over. In fact, I think the only time they've been smart about it was when they actually switched Jean's body to trick Maddie.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Superhumans should have some kind of a seminar on funeral arrangements, with cremation being heavily considered as a viable option.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Superhumans should have some kind of a seminar on funeral arrangements, with cremation being heavily considered as a viable option.
    Yes, because coming back to life after your death is such a burden nobody in real life would want to have happen to him. Right.

This reminds me of Batman:Under the Red Hood when Bruce gets angry that he didn't check the body when he was grieving.
    We saw in Ultimate Fallout that Tony Stark took care of the funeral arrangements, so SHIELD probably did take the body for all those genetic test. I'm just curious if Peter was alive in that 2 year period.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    This reminds me of Batman:Under the Red Hood when Bruce gets angry that he didn't check the body when he was grieving.
    We saw in Ultimate Fallout that Tony Stark took care of the funeral arrangements, so SHIELD probably did take the body for all those genetic test. I'm just curious if Peter was alive in that 2 year period.
    Well he looks older to me, and his hair grew out significantly. So I'd say yes he was alive for during the two years so that he continued to age and his hair continued to grow. Besides, reviving him right after he died makes more sense than bringing a decayed 2-year-old body back to life and Peter not being a zombie...

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Well he looks older to me, and his hair grew out significantly. So I'd say yes he was alive for during the two years so that he continued to age and his hair continued to grow. Besides, reviving him right after he died makes more sense than bringing a decayed 2-year-old body back to life and Peter not being a zombie...
    My bad, but I meant I wondered if Peter was aware if he was alive in that 2 year frame.

Cause there's definitely something fishy if Peter only woke up after SHIELD got disbanded.

Dude could have been revived right after death and kept in one of those fancy statis tubes filled with water for all we know.

Typical Bendis trash. "You'll never find out who your REAL whatever is" oh shut up

And fuck Miles. I'm all for representation, but he's boring as hell and his broken venom shot or whatever ability solves every problem he has.

Ok I thought this was shown enough in the issue, but it's obvious Peter and MJ got back together without everyone knowing right? I mean he was staying at her house since he came back.

BANNED

I'd take the "OMG Miles venom shots r broken" criticism more seriously if 95% of Peter Parker's "problem solving" was more than "beat up this guy".

I bet Miles' wishes his venom shot could bring his mom back to life, his dad back in his life & his girlfriend not run away when he tells her who he really is.

Fuck anyone with lame hyperbolic criticism of Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    I'd take the "OMG Miles venom shots r broken" criticism more seriously if 95% of Peter Parker's "problem solving" was more than "beat up this guy".

I bet Miles' wishes his venom shot could bring his mom back to life, his dad back in his life & his girlfriend not run away when he tells her who he really is.

Fuck anyone with lame hyperbolic criticism of Miles
    You do realize that "beat up this guy" is the go to solution to basically every superhero comic. Problem with Miles' venom blast is it's basically been used as a lazy solution to every villain he's faced. I'd rather see a hero battle it out than them have a move that will predictably end every battle they're in.