View Poll Results: What did you think of MM: USM #6?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

38 60.32%
  • Good. I enjoy where this is going.

19 30.16%
  • Meh. Not bad, but I didn't love it.

3 4.76%
  • Bad. I didn't really care for this story.

1 1.59%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

2 3.17%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

So I'm not too keen on Jameson dying or the OZ formula apparently granting immortality but it's all redeemed by that beat down that Miles handed to Norman.

BANNED

BLAST, and here I was hoping that spoilers:
    this would be an ALTERNATE ULTIMATE Peter Paker, as Bendis way of connecting this title with the events of Spider-verse.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    BLAST, and here I was hoping that spoilers:
    this would be an ALTERNATE ULTIMATE Peter Paker, as Bendis way of connecting this title with the events of Spider-verse.
    end of spoilers
    Bendis, Lowe and a lot of others have said that MM:USM wouldn't have any tie-ins to Spider-Verse. Miles and Jessica will appear, nothing else was confirmed.

spoilers:
    I've been waiting for this for more than three years. Good God, it's GOOD to have my favorite iteration of Peter Parker back! I went to the Marvel app today and bought all the Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man comics.

That was a great issue, and I literally CRIED when I saw Peter reunited with Aunt May. What I think it'll happen is that Miles will be "promoted" to the 616 universe with Secret Wars, and Ultimate Peter will get his happy ending with the Ultimate Universe. Hopefully, Bendis will keep writing him similarly like it happened with Spider-Girl back in the day. All in all, it's GREAT to be back, Ultimate Universe! I've been missing you!
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Bendis, Lowe and a lot of others have said that MM:USM wouldn't have any tie-ins to Spider-Verse. Miles and Jessica will appear, nothing else was confirmed.
    I know, but one can dream.

I'm really hoping that that is the real Peter and not just Bendis playing the long con game, especially when he literally had Osborn come back to life from being gunned down on panel. Really wish he hadn't killed off the best Jameson to be created though.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm really hoping that that is the real Peter and not just Bendis playing the long con game, especially when he literally had Osborn come back to life from being gunned down on panel. Really wish he hadn't killed off the best Jameson to be created though.
    I couldn't agree more. That was probably the biggest let down for me. Yet another pointless ultimate universe death. It's especially bad that this version of the character is (imho) hands down the best iteration of the character.

Okay, I moved some posts around, and now the issue has it's own thread, complete with a review! (read the review here!)

A few things that aren't in the review:

-I'm still not convinced it's the real Peter. There's a lot of vagueness about his return that needs to be explained. Maybe it is him, though; I believe it more now than I have in the past, but I don't want to believe that the real Peter would act like this. His explanation is fine enough, I suppose (despite the fact that those AREN'T HIS WEBSHOOTERS!), if that's really him.

-Regarding the Venom Blast: I don't hate it as an ability. It's good that Miles uses it and the invisibility all the time. He should, those are his powers; it'd be like Thor not using lightning. The problem is that there is no real explanation for how it works, and it works on EVERYONE. Once again, Miles uses it to win a fight without any struggle. In fact, this is probably the least struggle that Miles has had fighting anyone. Compare this fight to Taskmaster in USM #27 - probably Miles's best fight scene - and it's a joke. Taskmaster was able to hold his own against Miles, Jessica, Bombshell, Cloak and Dagger; Norman went down like a child.

Amazing Member

In the flashback to where Peter woke up there are a bunch of tanks in the background. Tanks big enough for humans. Clones?

Last time we saw the Scorpion Clone he was in a tank just like those ones I believe. This could be an abandoned SHIELD facility; the very one where the clone was being kept.

But he remembers dying... See this is why I'm not angry; it's still a mystery but we know enough that we can sort of believe one side or the other if we choose.

I think it's the real Peter, cause of how this issue showed everything.

-Peter woke up in Atlanta and got back as fast as he could to Queens. That actually makes sense when you consider Cataclysm happening before USM 200, so it's entirely possible that S.H.I.E.L.D. had Peter the entire 2 year period and when they disbanded they left him be.

-The government made Peter Parker clones without Nick Fury knowing, so Peter being hidden from Fury isn't a stretch, especially if HYDRA is involved.

The reason why I can't be 100% about Peter being back will still be the Webshooters. Doesn't make sense why he couldn't make new ones, it's just suspicious he goes after the ones Miles has. He should know the formula considering how many times he made the batch and it didn't screw up.

Personally I didn't mind the Miles Norman fight scene. Since the start, Miles using invisibility and the bad guy not knowing that has worked in his favour, Taskmaster was the only exception.

Norman never called him Miles Morales until this issue, so clearly he knows whats going on with Miles' family.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Miles should have had more trouble... Hope Norman isn't out for the count and fights him more evenly instead of being stomped.

If this is the real Peter I wonder if hes going to get his own comic again? It would be cool but i still feel like either this isn't the real Peter or hes going to die again. Also really wanna know what the deal is with Miles dad.

Probably the best part of the issue was MJ's reaction to Miles' questions to Peter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Miles should have had more trouble... Hope Norman isn't out for the count and fights him more evenly instead of being stomped.
    To be honest, Miles stomping Norman was the most redeeming part of this book, otherwise I would have called it the Peter Parker Show guest starring Miles. The amount of time dedicated to Peter was ridiculous and I almost felt like bendis wrote Miles fight this way almost in an apology for the overload of Peter we were getting in that issue.

Ha! Miles kicked Norman's ass, Peter, is actually, Peter, and Miles pop, has been keeping some secrets, great issue...
    #MagnetoWasRight