Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Noooooo, not Skaar. He's my favourite Hulk. Can someone explain something though? I've not always kept up-to-date with Hulk but I'm sure when Skaar first de-hulked he was essentially a little kid? When did he grow up?

Been enjoying this arc, Doc Green is pretty badass.
    His Mother's race reaches maturity at an accelerated rate compared to humans (though they have a longer lifespan.)

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    His Mother's race reaches maturity at an accelerated rate compared to humans (though they have a longer lifespan.)
    He can go on a quest to rehulk himself it's his birthright. And he felt like the Conan of the Marvel U but still a great hulk.

Extraordinary Member

So is Doc Green the Professor Hulk or another personality entirely?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Doc Green is definitely not the Professor Hulk; since it was established (within the HULK Series) that the 'Professor' was created by the hypnosis procedure of Doc Samson and was based on the subliminal 'suggestions' implanted by Samson himself to help Bruce Banner control his Gamma Powered Alter Ego better.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    He can go on a quest to rehulk himself it's his birthright. And he felt like the Conan of the Marvel U but still a great hulk.
    A writer can literally have him show up re-powered with a throw away line that the cure 'wore off' and I'd buy it. No Hulk cure has worked for long.

I think the barbarian aspects really give Skaar a leg up on most legacy characters. A lot of them end up falling into either being a straight knockoff of the original but younger/different gender/whatever, or so different that the point of even being a legacy character is a little lost.

The nice thing about Skaar is that he is a lot like his father, he's a big green savage loner, but also unlike his father he's more of a loner by choice, and where Hulk is often shown as somewhat of a caveman or bestial character (even when he is intelligent) Skaar is a barbarian, which is similar but distinct. This also means that when Skaar does show up in the Hulk book, it can help the story focus on the specific themes of solitude, the father and son conflict, and so on.

Unless Mr. Duggan is setting us for a twist, Doc Green seems to be completely new (and from what Banner seemed to say last issue, separate from Savage personality.)

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Its going to be interesting with Red She-Hulk, she is working with The Terranometer which calculates dystopian futures. Could Doc Green removing Gamma beings and radiation result in apocalyptic future? Looking forward to see where this is all going.
    Anyone not familiar with this should read up. Fun stuff. Plus, well...I don't want to spoil anything.

very different

Oooh, oooh...realizing that the writer doesn't want to spoil stuff: it's been long known that the Maestro Hulk has been stuck in the main Marvel timeline since around 1998 (or Incredible Hulk #461, if I remember correctly). No Marvel writer has ever followed up on that plot point since. Any chance of having him show up to fight Doc Green?

Also--it's been said that every Marvel book is building towards Secret Wars. Does Doc Green's gamma-curing plan relate to what's coming next summer?

Ugh! I knew this was gonna happen.
    Another character I like diminished for no good reason.
    And the little 'What am I going to do now?' and then 'Ooh! A girl looked at me. Joy!' Just terrible.
    Or the whole 'Don't do gamma!' speech to Teddy. There's no conceivable reason for Teddy to use gamma radiation.

I'm sorry Mr. Duggan, I think you can be a brilliant writer (Hawkeye vs Deadpool shows that quite clearly).
    This whole Hulk depowering arc however is anything but an example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Ugh! I knew this was gonna happen.
    Another character I like diminished for no good reason.
    And the little 'What am I going to do now?' and then 'Ooh! A girl looked at me. Joy!' Just terrible.
    Or the whole 'Don't do gamma!' speech to Teddy. There's no conceivable reason for Teddy to use gamma radiation.

I'm sorry Mr. Duggan, I think you can be a brilliant writer (Hawkeye vs Deadpool shows that quite clearly).
    This whole Hulk depowering arc however is anything but an example of that.
    I'm not a fan of the depowering either. I think that Doc Green's actions are part of a much bigger plot to be revealed later. At some point Doc Green is going to be held accountable for his actions. I wonder if this is related to AXIS with Kulh?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...ty=1&oid=54736

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    That's a good question. Will Doc Green's actions result in an apocalyptic future? Possibly one where the Maestro Hulk reigns supreme after he killed the surviving heroes? It's something to consider.
    It could be.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryduggan View Post
    Anyone not familiar with this should read up. Fun stuff. Plus, well...I don't want to spoil anything.
    a fun little run and Betty being a bad ass with Machine Man.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    And that would explain it. Cheers dude.