Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

The issue in and of itself was alright. I like how crazy it was, but dumping the readers into a new story is pretty annoying. I'll wait and see for an explanation before deciding to drop it.
    Don't want to drop it because she's the lowest selling batbook now, isn't she? ;-;

I'm not sure starting off with a space adventure, was the best choice for these characters.

No one else sees the absurdity of this as a good thing?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Haha, I did. But I understand the criticism. There really isn't any plot or explanation for anything. But this was mindless fun until we start finding out how this team got together and what is their purpose.

Alright. Just making sure I wasn't alone. After the disappointment with the creative shift, I've been eager to fall back in love with the title and this is the perfect way to do it as far as I'm concerned. Batwoman in space. Just let the wackiness ensue and see where it goes. I was so thoroughly entertained and laughed out loud while reading it. I'm excited again, and that's important. I was hoping there would be more here I could share the enthusiasm with.

Incredible Member

Alright. Just making sure I wasn't alone. After the disappointment with the creative shift, I've been eager to fall back in love with the title and this is the perfect way to do it as far as I'm concerned. Batwoman in space. Just let the wackiness ensue and see where it goes. I was so thoroughly entertained and laughed out loud while reading it. I'm excited again, and that's important. I was hoping there would be more here I could share the enthusiasm with.
    Same. From Etrigan's rhyming, to Ragman's insecurity, to Clayface's stupidity, the character interactions between them and a snarky (in a humorous way), sarcastic Kate should be fantastic and I can't wait. I do kind of wish the book had some better art though.

Exactly. "The man from Nantucket" bit had me on the floor. Injecting some much needed humor is always a plus. Batwoman's world has been so dark since her inception so I'm all for lightening things up once in a while. As as central to the character that JH's art has been, the stylized realism wouldn't really fit this new tone, so I'm okay with what we've got here.

BANNED

To a point yea, but you don't throw a pie in Dracula's face just after he's had a great dramatic moment. Before yes, but in the last issue we saw Kate being assaulted by a vampire after leaving her lover in and in the next issue the vamps gone, Kate's not a vampire (which actually would have helped her in space since she wouldn't have needed a suit) and we've got an entire new cast and setting. Since this is Halloween I was looking forward to Kate as a vampire and I don't like being teased.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-18-2014 at 11:56 AM.

This felt like nothing happened. I wanted the next chapter in the story of her becoming and dealing with becoming a vampire. Instead I got....actually I'm not sure what I got. I got stuff. Stuff happened...because of...reasons...I guess.

I was thinking of picking this up solely because of Etrigan and Ragman, but . . . throwing them into outer-space doesn't sound what I was looking for.
    (Maybe I'll just wait for Etrigan's appearance in the Swamp Thing Annual later this month.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I was thinking of picking this up solely because of Etrigan and Ragman, but . . . throwing them into outer-space doesn't sound what I was looking for.
    (Maybe I'll just wait for Etrigan's appearance in the Swamp Thing Annual later this month.)
    I'm pretty sure the space thing was just this issue. Next issue will explain the team set up, the issue after that explores Kate and Jason Blood, and issue 38 has the Unknowns go after some kind of cult in Gotham. So, wait til next month maybe?

Ultimate Member

So they're just going to drop the whole Nocturna thing? I mean I'm decidedly NOT a fan of it, but I also hate it when writers set up plotlines and then just forget about them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So they're just going to drop the whole Nocturna thing? I mean I'm decidedly NOT a fan of it, but I also hate it when writers set up plotlines and then just forget about them.
    No, Nocturna is referenced in the solicits for December, I think. Although I would prefer to just continue on with the Unknowns and pretend Kate hasn't been forced into being Nocturna's lover. But who knows, maybe Andreyko can pull a good story out of it.

Not a Brony. -_-

Look! A distraction!!
    .....honestly.....