Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Showings

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Funny thing you're mentioning Galactus

Maybe her solo will give her some more quantifiable *feats*.
    Squirrel Girl: "Well, Tippy Toe, that had to have been the fourth weirdest orgy I ever saw!"

Tippy Toe: "Meh, top eight at best for me."

Kraven, Tiger Shark and Red Skull are there because they wish to learn her hunting skills, because squirrels are shark's natural predators, and because used to have two hands before the last time he tried to quit Doreen's new Super Team, respectively.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think he deadpool battles were also on screen, but not sure
    Yeah that is the thing, conveniently all her on screen feats seem to have her defeating..low caliber heroes. Deadpool, Wolverine, etc. People compared her to Longshot, but last I checked the guy doesn't rely on off screen wins for his powers. Or if so..Fox kids totally messed up with his portrayal on the X-Men cartoon. For shame, then, Fox, for SHAME.
    Last edited by Surtur; 10-24-2014 at 02:56 PM.

So what's this about "Thor vs Angela"?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Wonder woman apparently having an even fight with deathstroke. I haven't read it, but it sounds like he's settling in to his post crisis routine

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    Wonder woman apparently having an even fight with deathstroke. I haven't read it, but it sounds like he's settling in to his post crisis routine
    I'm sure if he's using his Nth Metal armor there's a precedence. He did fight a guy who threw a Submarine at him and shrug off the hit.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Oh c'mon guys give this foght a break^^

Yeah, Season 3 was bullshit, but this fight was ok.

End-of-Series Naruto gets KOed in a single blow by his daughter, who isn't even an academy student, to the point he can't attend his own inauguration as Hokage and has to be replaced by Konohamaru in a henge.

Yes, really.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    End-of-Series Naruto gets KOed in a single blow by his daughter, who isn't even an academy student, to the point he can't attend his own inauguration as Hokage and has to be replaced by Konohamaru in a henge.

Yes, really.

Himawari. Strong.

Plus a master of a pressure pointing style.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Himawari. Strong.

Plus a master of a pressure pointing style.
    Pressure pointing style enhanced by the gentle fist technique. If you're unprepared for it, that's going to hurt quite a lot.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Still a bit much considering Naruto stayed standing after taking a 64 Palm strike from Neji and was able to break out of it with Kyuubi's chakra. I'm gonna assume that Kurama is refusing to undo the damage because he's too busy laughing his ethereal head off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Sometimes he relies on posters instead, too. And the board recognizes that Bugs > Galactus even though he rarely, if ever, displayed any cosmic feats (cosmic feats tended to be handled by the animator himself, who would become a character in the story, and Bugs would call him out on it). On the same token, we don't know how spinach empowers Popeye or how its chemical composition works relation to the physics and powerlevels we've seen, but we can still count it as a viable high-end power source.

Yes, I acknowledge what you're trying to get at here with feats and such and trying to quantify the character, but in the spirit of the character, it's very much like trying to catch water with a net; in order to succeed one way or the other, you either change the premise (replace the net with a bucket, metaphorically), or you go with the flow and let the water take you. Marvel's attitude about the character seems the be the latter, hence why she beats villains who are otherwise way out of her league. For CBR purposes -- which again is rarely if ever attempted because of the very nature of Squirrel Girl -- the premise would have to be changed, because as they are right now, nothing makes sense.

I mean, one would have to consider: with all these threats flying around like Carnage and Red Skull and Sabretooth and Thanos invading the Earth and Morlun, why not just sic Squirrel Girl on them? Certainly it'd make the story simpler, right? But then doing so while trying to maintain dramatic tension means undoing her one big power, which is comedic toonforce. So,if you want a straight up rumble with her, it's either best not to include her in the first place (as Twickster notes), or to invoke stipulations (which is changing the premise, and not uncommon in Rumbles anyway). If you want a fair fight with her, stipulate that it's a straight up fight with what we've seen so far. But in essence, you're trying to quantify a joke character, which seems to make about as much sense as Squirrel Girl herself.
    For me, it comes down to something like this.

What would happen if the Galactus of the Marvel 616 Universe (or whatever still exists in the current situation but allow me to ignore this current menagerie and go with the traditional Marvel Main Universe) fought the Squirrel Girl of Marvel 616?

Nothing would happen because there is no Marvel 616 SG.

What would happen if SG fought the version of Galactus that exists in whatever reality she lives in? Marvel 616 version 2-Nutty?

She would win because she apparently has.

What if SG from whatever reality she is from fought Marvel 616 Galactus?

He has feats. She really doesn't- except for the feat of beating these high level opponents. Yeah it's off-screen but it's not just character claims. It's stuff that clearly happened.

But my real answer is: any thread involving Squirrel Girl is, by definition, a joke thread.

Galactus and SG faced each other at high noon on main street. She stepped close.

SG: "Wow, if you're gonna be all 20 feet+ tall, ya might wanna like, consider doing the pants thing cause that skirt is like, wow, those are the two biggest things I'm always thinking about that I've ever seen."

Galactus (blushing and pulling his "skirt" down): "Delay the fight. I must change clothes."

Spaceship leaves Earth.

SG: "I don't think he's coming back. I hope I didn't embarrass him."

Astonishing Member

Anybody mention Superman vs. Venom in that terrible DC/Marvel crossover? Sorry if I missed it.

Hulk vs. Batman FTW:

What was the panel where Batman beat Aquaman with a rope? He also kicked WW in the stomach. I think he took on MM and Flash or GL as well.