Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Mayday has never referred to herself as 'the Spider-Girl' in anything, so I'm already disregarding this as canonical based on a Slott screw-up

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    We also have to worry about MC2 Mary Jane. It doesn't appear to be looking good for her either in that preview.

It looks like she's deciding to stay behind to help Peter instead of leaving with Mayday and Ben.
    If Slott IS going to kill off MC2 Peter and MJ (and I still reckon he'll just imply it just to get the desired reaction) then the idea of both the Parkers dying together is kind of...well, sad, yes, but in it's own tragic way, kind of sweet, it's also probably kinder to die alongside the man she loves than having MJ inherit the widower role. If anything, it could be interpreted as the ultimate statement on the marriage...that in their darkest hours, Peter and MJ never abandoned one another, it could serve as a potential "Take That" to how the Mephistoverse versions (who don't act a thing like Peter and MJ would) presently behave
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 10-17-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Don't really see Anya. She has a Hoodie, I believe, and the only Hoodie wearer there seems to be Spider-Gwen.

I don't see the dude going after the baby.
    Anya is dead center on the 3rd cover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Mayday has never referred to herself as 'the Spider-Girl' in anything, so I'm already disregarding this as canonical based on a Slott screw-up

If Slott IS going to kill off MC2 Peter and MJ (and I still reckon he'll just imply it just to get the desired reaction) then the idea of both the Parkers dying together is kind of...well, sad, yes, but in it's own tragic way, kind of sweet, it's also probably kinder to die alongside the man she loves than having MJ inherit the widower role. If anything, it could be interpreted as the ultimate statement on the marriage...that in their darkest hours, Peter and MJ never abandoned one another, it could serve as a potential "Take That" to how the Mephistoverse versions (who don't act a thing like Peter and MJ would) presently behave

I suppose I see your point in regards to that, but I'm wondering if that's Slott's reasoning as well or is he just doing it to tick people off.

I was really hoping Slott was going to do a huge Shattered Dimensions type story, but instead it seems like its going to be "how many spiders can I make miserable in one book"

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Anya is dead center on the 3rd cover.
    That's her? Are you sure? That doesn't look like her costume, it's missing a hoodie.

That's her? Are you sure? That doesn't look like her costume, it's missing a hoodie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Good an explanation as any.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    We also have to worry about MC2 Mary Jane. It doesn't appear to be looking good for her either in that preview.
    She's not a otem, so she has a higher chance of surviving.

She's back to the previous costume. Good thing too, the one from Assemble was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Now you are just being nitpicky and silly. Calling herself "The Spider-Girl" isn't a screw up. She has called herself Spider-Girl, just like Peter has called him self "The Spider-Man". Hell, Mayday has called herself The Spectacular Spider-Girl.

So no, that isn't a screw up. C'mon.

I don't see the dude going after the baby.
    This is Daemos we are talking about. He will in fact go after the baby.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 10-17-2014 at 10:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Now you are just being nitpicky and silly. Calling herself "The Spider-Girl" isn't a screw up. She has called herself Spider-Girl, just like Peter has called him self "The Spider-Man". Hell, Mayday has called herself The Spectacular Spider-Girl.

So no, that isn't a screw up. C'mon.
    I was'nt being serious, I was parodying a legit comment I found on the Spider-Girl forums

Fantastic Member

Her parents will die now and Mayday will die at the end of spider verse, thus removing the marriage from all possible continuities. Remember this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    Her parents will die now and Mayday will die at the end of spider verse, thus removing the marriage from all possible continuities. Remember this post.
    How bad is it I'm expecting this?

I seriously doubt that Dan Slott would do something like that for the sake of his story. First off, no one at Marvel has an axe to grind with the marriage anymore cause for them it's already fixed and done. Secondly, this is the same writer who made everyone believe he killed off the original Hobgoblin, when he didn't.

Slott wants the reader to worry for these characters so that they're invested in the story. He just knows how to push certain buttons to make it happen.

Here's my question, where is lesbian MJ Spider-Woman from exiles? Don't tell me they are excluding her cause of the same OMD stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Here's my question, where is lesbian MJ Spider-Woman from exiles? Don't tell me they are excluding her cause of the same OMD stuff.
    Speaking of lesbian MJ why do I have a feeling the MJ from spider-Gwen will be gay as well?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    That wouldn't make any sense. If her parents die, Mayday would need to take down the person who did it.

But your post will be remembered!