Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

LBP Vita is not crossbuy, but I think it shares DLC with LBP 2 and LBP Karting for the PS3.

For what its worth, its often cited as the best LBP game made thus far, even considering the PS3 versions.

Gravity Rush is an easy recommendation. It's basically the Vita's equivalent of inFAMOUS, but though it still needs some polish and to integrate some story elements into its optional sidequests to flesh out the world a bit before it can truly live up to the console series, but Kat is extremely likeable and her powers are amazingly fun to use even though aiming them in combat can get annoying.

I would also recommend Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable (from the PSP section) if you're at all a fan of JRPGs. Soul Sacrifice as well, if you want a Hunting Game with a rich and dark storyline and world building. SSDelta is apparently a notable improvement in pretty much every way, even though its not a sequel.

For fighting games, Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND and SFXTekken were both given away free for PS+ and are both excellent ports. DoA5+ has a price drop to $19.99 and is also excellent and shares (overpriced) DLC with the PS3 versions of DoA5. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is a $5.00 cross buy for PS+ right now, and its very fun if you don't expect it to be a SSB clone. Dissidia Duodecim (PSP) is also absolutely amazing. Easily the best handheld exclusive fighting series I've ever even heard of, with a deep story for a fighting game, great graphics, and a fun and epic battle system. Also, it comes with the original Dissidia's story mode as an unlockable feature.

For shooters, despite its uneven reviews (mostly due to them expecting it to be a 1:1 port of a game the PS3 can barely handle), I'd say that Borderlands 2 is probably the best one for any handheld at the moment. It's got some glitches, and the framerate can get wonky, but its one of the best looking games available on handheld bar none, plays great, has great script, and probably has more content than any other game on a handheld console. Its the worst version of Borderlands 2 available, but that still puts it in the upper echelons of handheld games. I've heard that Killzone: Mercenary (which comes on sale regularly) was the holder of that title pre-BL2, and its better optimized for the Vita so it might still edge it out on pure FPS mechanics, but for the overall package I'd recommend BL2 as long as you can remember you're playing on a Vita. Unit 13 was available for free relatively recently, and its a decent FPS that's split into fairly bite-sized missions, but I didn't get too far into it before getting BL2.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is free on PS+ right now, and is really filling my need for a Zelda-style game. It doesn't have the same sense of gravitas that Link's adventures have (c'mon, port or make an Okami game for this sucker; Touchscreen+Ink Techniques=Win), but the wide variety of characters and gameplay types does make it very easy to recommend, though I don't know why some of the cutscenes look garbled up. Other games with more intricate animated cutscenes don't have that problem. I'll probably pick up the Sly Cooper Collection after I clear up some of my backlog.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 06-18-2014 at 07:18 PM.

BANNED

So, is this going to move Vitas or what?

The only thing people are more addicted to than Pokemon is Minecraft.