Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

http://www.psvitahub.com/2014/06/pla...announced.html

Vita TV Anounced for the US (as Playstation TV) and it's only $99!

Super Gameboy Vita Edition. Now I feel really dumb.

Is the trend going to be for more PSV games in the future, or would I be better off sticking to the consoles (i.e. PS4) for my gaming needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Is the trend going to be for more PSV games in the future, or would I be better off sticking to the consoles (i.e. PS4) for my gaming needs?
    Well, the Vita is awesome. But they announced bugger all for it at E3, and I have a feeling it's going the stay the home of obscure Japanese games like Persona and Ys. Which is fine by me, but isn't going to drive sales.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Well, the Vita is awesome. But they announced bugger all for it at E3, and I have a feeling it's going the stay the home of obscure Japanese games like Persona and Ys. Which is fine by me, but isn't going to drive sales.
    It's probably the best handheld ever for fighting games, and Child of Light is coming out next month, with other great titles like Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, Dangan Ronpa 2, etc...

Though that doesn't really argue against the obscure(ish) Japanese games claim.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Judging by Sony almost totaly ignoring it at E3, i would say it would be a horrible mistake to buy one.

It's unfortunate if it gets ignored, it is a good handheld system and very versatile.

I still have mine. I mostly use it for Crunchyroll, PS1/PSP games and the occasional few Japanese games. It's a really nice handheld.

I use it to play FIFA, Disgaea, and watching while traveling.

BANNED

Mine is pretty much my Gaming tablet. I use it for everything but work and e-reading though even if avaliable I wouldn't use it for it because it hurts my eyes, nothing but E-Ink for me. What's with Sony not developing a Sony Reader App for it like they do for everything else? There is still no comixology app but it has one for CBZ and CBR files.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Judging by Sony almost totaly ignoring it at E3, i would say it would be a horrible mistake to buy one.
    Maybe, but a PS TV is pretty much the exact same thing, just less practical, for 99 bucks. It drives the value of the memory cards up and maybe will make for more interest in the Vita.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    At this point the crazy-expensive memory cards and abysmal battery life (heard its even worse than the 3DS) are the only reasons I haven’t bought one.

Cross buys and PSN+ freebies mean I’d have a decent game library right out of the gate. I don’t really buy into the “there are no games” claim either; it has vintage RPGs that somehow didn’t get ported to PS3 and those appeal to be a lot more than shooters or sports games.
    Okay, so I bought one. This week Frys is selling refurbished ones with a case and a 32 GB card for two hundred so that takes care of my reservation about proprietary SD card prices…sort of. I’m kind of annoyed that the 32GB cards only have 29GB. I know SD cards fall short of the storage they promise but three GB is a bit much. I’ve had a PS+ for less than a year and the Vita freebies and cross-buys from PS3 already amount to more than my meager 29GB can handle. Obviously I’m going to have to make some cuts. That leads me to my question; are there any games I simply MUST have on a Vita?

My Vita didn’t come with AR cards. That’s not a big deal since (1) I was unaware that the Vita had AR cards until I tried to use the Fireworks app and (2) I rarely use the 3DS’s AR cards. However I figure the AR games are the first thing that needs to go to free up space. Which apps are reliant on the AR cards?

Also I have a LittleBigPlanet question. I saw the PS3 version as part of this week’s PSN sale but I’m a little fuzzy on what I’d be getting. As I understand it, DLC from the PS3 version can be used in the Vita version. Is the game itself a crossbuy? Does the PSN version have the same content that’s advertised on the physical “Game of the Year” editions?

I'm sad that there's no FIFA World Cup for PS Vita...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Okay, so I bought one. This week Frys is selling refurbished ones with a case and a 32 GB card for two hundred so that takes care of my reservation about proprietary SD card prices…sort of. I’m kind of annoyed that the 32GB cards only have 29GB. I know SD cards fall short of the storage they promise but three GB is a bit much. I’ve had a PS+ for less than a year and the Vita freebies and cross-buys from PS3 already amount to more than my meager 29GB can handle. Obviously I’m going to have to make some cuts. That leads me to my question; are there any games I simply MUST have on a Vita?
    Really? I'm doing fine with a 16 gb (actually 14 gb, it does suck). Though I've deleted quite a few, but I have had mine for almost a year now (thanks for the reminder that I need to buy a new PS Plus card).

Asuming you have a US PS Plus account, of the current list my favorite is the only one still in my card well after I've finished it, Gravity Rush, it's more or less the Vita's flagship game (now series, since Part 2 is coming) it works as a great gameplay, great visuals, a very interesting story that has me waiting for Part 2, and it also serves as a tech demo for the Vita since it uses every feature of the handheld avalaible in a very organic way, even though it was turned into a Vita game relatively late in development.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (or Uncharted Vita as I always call it (Fight for Fortune is Uncharted Vita 2) is a general crowd pleaser, I played through it, but I never got into the Uncharted games. If you like them then you probably like this one as well.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. I'm currently playing it. It's alright, I think it's a crossbuy, it plays well in the Vita and playing a 3D plataformer like this has me a bit nostalgic. Like playing a PS 2 Game with PS3 graphics. The Whole Sly Cooper collection is also avalaible in the Vita.

And Terraria received a great review from the Escapist. It just became avalaible for PS Plus users, haven't played it yet.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...erraria-Review

Outside of the PS Plus:

LittleBigPlanet Vita is as great as one has come to expect from this series (even if it was developed by a diferent team).

LittleBigPlanet PSP is also avalaible.

And Soul Sacrifice got rave reviews. I have it in some memory card somewhere from a past PS Plus deal, it has a great following.

Oh and Injustice Ultimate edition (with all the DLC) is great and relatively cheap at $20.

My Vita didn’t come with AR cards. That’s not a big deal since (1) I was unaware that the Vita had AR cards until I tried to use the Fireworks app and (2) I rarely use the 3DS’s AR cards. However I figure the AR games are the first thing that needs to go to free up space. Which apps are reliant on the AR cards?
    A lot of novelty apps like one where a dude jumps off a waterfall and stuff. Nothing really killer. I forgot where I left mine.

Also I have a LittleBigPlanet question. I saw the PS3 version as part of this week’s PSN sale but I’m a little fuzzy on what I’d be getting. As I understand it, DLC from the PS3 version can be used in the Vita version. Is the game itself a crossbuy? Does the PSN version have the same content that’s advertised on the physical “Game of the Year” editions?
    No, LittleBigPlanet 3 is sadly, not crossbuy. It just means that the suits and tools and stuff you bought for LBP 3 will also be avaliable to you in LBP Vita. As to your second question, if you mean the Vita version then I don't think so, no.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I'm sad that there's no FIFA World Cup for PS Vita...
    It might still be available for remote play.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    No, LittleBigPlanet 3 is sadly, not crossbuy. It just means that the suits and tools and stuff you bought for LBP 3 will also be avaliable to you in LBP Vita. As to your second question, if you mean the Vita version then I don't think so, no.
    I was talking about the original LBP for PS3 that’s currently on sale for $7.50 in the PSN, not the upcoming LBP3. I’m wondering if getting that game gets me LBP Vita or LBP PSP (assuming its also playable on the Vita) as a crossbuy. If it isn’t a crossbuy and it doesn’t come with the free DLC from the physical GotY version then I don’t really think the sale sounds like much of a deal but it seems worth it if I can get one or both.

Thanks for the game recommendations. Gravity Rush looks awesome. I’m hoping Tearaway makes it to PS+; it looks pretty neat but the current $17.50 “sale” price for the PSN version seems a bit much when I’ve seen the physical version on sale for as low as $15.