View Poll Results: How do you prefer your Jim Gordon hair color?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • White hair, white 'stache!

17 68.00%
  • Brown hair, brown 'stache

8 32.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

Ginger when young, white when older.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    On the subject on Nightwing, giving him long hair is a plain dumb idea. There's a reason why police officers and soldiers are asked to cut their hair. Superheroes having long hair and not wearing a mask or at least putting it in a bun are idiots. I had long hair myself for a few months and I couldn't even go for a jog without the hair getting in my way.
    I liked the long hair. Helped differentiate him from the others. Tim should have a beard and cropped hair, made him look like a man. I like the white blaze in Jason's hair. Keep them from looking like little Bruce-clones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I liked the long hair. Helped differentiate him from the others. Tim should have a beard and cropped hair, made him look like a man. I like the white blaze in Jason's hair. Keep them from looking like little Bruce-clones.
    Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. But having long hair and jumping from rooftop to rooftop and also fighting criminals is just impossible and doesn't work. It needs to be short or at least in a bun. And the problem is all these female superheroes have long hair and yet they let it out as if it's not going to bother them. In real life that would be a HUGE problem and it's why joggers and police officers always cut their hair or put it in a bun.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. But having long hair and jumping from rooftop to rooftop and also fighting criminals is just impossible and doesn't work. It needs to be short or at least in a bun. And the problem is all these female superheroes have long hair and yet they let it out as if it's not going to bother them. In real life that would be a HUGE problem and it's why joggers and police officers always cut their hair or put it in a bun.
    Good thing it's not real life.

It can be difficult enough to distinguish them all out of costume with the varying hair lengths and it'd be worse if everyone had shorter hair.

Also yes I agree with giving Tim the beard full time. Pretty amusing for him to have one and be in the Teen Titans.

Jason Todd: natural black or hair dye? Natural black
    Jason Todd: "white-streak" or "no white-streak"? White streak.
    Dick Grayson: Mullet or Ponytail? Neither. His hair is fine the way it is right now.
    Tim Drake: Beard or No Beard? No beard! Apparently I'm in the minority, but I really hate the beards all the young kids are sporting these days. (Get off of my lawn you whippersnappers!)
    Tim Drake: Short or Longer Hair? His hair is fine the way it is now too.

I like Jim Gordon's current hair color - makes sense for a de-aged character. I do agree a little silver at the temples would be nice.
    Last edited by sanderling; 10-17-2014 at 09:12 PM.

BANNED

The ONLY version of Tim Drake I haven't despised with utter loathing was bearded Tim Drake in Futures End. Wouldn't it be nice if I stopped hating him for a little while?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    The ONLY version of Tim Drake I haven't despised with utter loathing was bearded Tim Drake in Futures End. Wouldn't it be nice if I stopped hating him for a little while?
    Clearly it is a magical beard.

I very much prefer Gordon as a silver fox badass, probably because of TAS. I like him with brown/ginger hair in Year One/The Long Halloween but would prefer to see him as older in the current timeline, makes him seem more experienced.

His depiction in Beware the Batman is the best way to go if DC doesn't want to make him that old, though.

Astonishing Member

Though I grew up white white-haired Gordon in TAS and other stories, the red-haired look has grown on me, between the Nolan films, Year One stories, and the current comics.

Frankly, given how much they've compressed the timeline, it makes zero sense for Gordon to have white hair in current continuity. Also, arguably, the function of Gordon as a character has changed since the old days when he was just the Police Commissioner/fatherly authority figure. Today he's virtually a superhero in law enforcement...despite his rank, he's less the old general and more the (relatively young) colonel leading his troops into the field, or going solo.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I like him the way he is in the New 52, with brown/rust colored hair. As time progresses, I want to see him go grey.

Wait, Tim Drake had an actual beard in Futures End?

I assumed you meant he had a "girlfriend."

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post

Ha--you made my day. I didn't dare say it myself.