Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Which Superhero's Death Affected You the Most?

Which Superhero's Death Affected You the Most?

Superheroes die all the time, but some deaths hit us harder than others. With Wolverine the latest to meet his demise, CBR wonders which superhero's passing affected you the most?

Vote on the poll here.

BANNED

Damian if just for the fact that he was one of the first characters that I was a big fan of that I was with from his creation to death.

Poor, beloved...

Peepers.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Barry Allen, no contest.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Captain Marvel, because he died from cancer, a disease that affects EVERYONE in the real world. To me, nothing else comes even remotely close.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Wally West in Flashpoint: Citizen Cold. 1. Because he wasn't a superhero and I'd at that time expected him, Jay Garrick, and Bart Allen to be part of in the first issues we Flash fans had expected to be a Flash event that featured all the speedsters then alive and kicking. 2. It gave me my first inkling that the promises that Wally would be still be treated as a top grade DC character despite the push for Barry to be the main Flash were lies. It was the beginning of the end of my fascination with The Flash and DC properties.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Well if by "affected" you mean pissed off it would be Superboy since he got taken out in a stupid event just because Didio wanted a death and the main heroes acted out of character and didn't even bother doing anything but stand there (Supes has an eradocator pod, Wonder Woman has a purple ray and Bats knows where the Lazarus pits are, I mean c'mon).. They had to fix it with the Legion taking him to Superman's pod to revive him.

The brought him back though and it was cool- then they killed off the entire universe so that affected me some too.

It would have to be Superman for me, I grew up watching the movies and when I first got a comic it was a Superman one.
    Also the last page sums up everything Lois holding Superman's lifeless body it was just a sad way to end a story.
    Straight Shot Mob

Doctor voodoo. That crap pissed me off.

BANNED

Ultimate Spider-Man. He was the main comic book character I actually grew up with, it was my first comic, and it felt like losing a friend. And he went out like a total champ.

BANNED

Superman, because apparently there was a bet that the comic shop would stay open until Superman dies. DC made the announcement, and the comic shop closed. I missed the whole thing.

Extraordinary Member

Captain, even though I knew he came back (Just read it recently) it was still good.

I like how they have to specify which one for Professor X and Phoenix.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

David Haller.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When did Miister Fantastic die?