Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hypothetical thread: A MU without movie characters

Fun hypothetical idea I bounce around.

What if there was a Alt U where NONE of the Movie Characters existed?

This means no Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Spider-Man, Movie X-Men, Ghost Rider, Thanos, Galactus, and so on. What would the landscape of Marvel look like? Would it be villains running amuck, or would many of the crooks actually step up to become heroes? Without Odin, how would Asgard look? Would Enchantress and Valkyrie actually be friends? What would happen to the mutants if there was never a Xavier or Magneto or Striker?

I want to hear the wild ideas that could happen!

BANNED

Do the people vanish as soon as they get put in a movie?

Anyway, Earth would be a hellhole right from the get go because there wasn't a Cap or Bucky (or Logan or Magneto, for that matter) to stop HYDRA and the Nazis. So the remaining heroes, when it gets to modern times, would either be resistance fighters, part of Schmidt's regime, or captured experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Do the people vanish as soon as they get put in a movie?

Anyway, Earth would be a hellhole right from the get go because there wasn't a Cap or Bucky (or Logan or Magneto, for that matter) to stop HYDRA and the Nazis. So the remaining heroes, when it gets to modern times, would either be resistance fighters, part of Schmidt's regime, or captured experiments.
    But there would be no Red Skull or Armon Zola, so the Nazis would not be as scientifically advanced. Namor and the other Invaders would still be there.

BANNED

I would imagine that the normal humans would step up to stand against them. Maybe so form of task force in the police and military specifically design to combat superhuman threats.

I would also imagine that since they lack powers they would have more permeant ways of dealing with Villains.
    However, I don't believe the people of that non superhero earth would just roll over and die.

At least I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    But there would be no Red Skull or Armon Zola, so the Nazis would not be as scientifically advanced. Namor and the other Invaders would still be there.
    Oh wait...so the other heroes exist just not the stars of the films? Misunderstood you then.
    It would probably go the same way as the films then...just with some other hero taking the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I would imagine that the normal humans would step up to stand against them. Maybe so form of task force in the police and military specifically design to combat superhuman threats.

I would also imagine that since they lack powers they would have more permeant ways of dealing with Villains.
    However, I don't believe the people of that non superhero earth would just roll over and die.

At least I hope not.
    Again, it's not just the movie superheroes that are gone, but also the villains. No Dr. Doom, No Galactus, No Thanos, No Red Skull, No Loki, No Luffie, No Malekith, No Magneto, No Striker, No Trask, No Armon Zola, No Kingpin, No Green Goblin, No Doc Ock, Venom, Sandman, you get the picture.

So it's not like it'll be a supervillain ruled world.

Again, it's not just the movie superheroes that are gone, but also the villains. No Dr. Doom, No Galactus, No Thanos, No Red Skull, No Loki, No Luffie, No Malekith, No Magneto, No Striker, No Trask, No Armon Zola, No Kingpin, No Green Goblin, No Doc Ock, Venom, Sandman, you get the picture.

So it's not like it'll be a supervillain ruled world.
    You mean like in real life ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    You mean like in real life ?.
    No, Supervillains definitely rule this world.

No, Supervillains definitely rule this world.
    Well, money tecnically is not a superpower.

Ok I'll give this a shot

I'd see Cecilia Reyes acting as he new Xavier. Her initial motivation would stem from her medical curiosity as without Xavier, Moira, Beast or Rao there would be very little research into mutantcy. I'd like to see Mr Sinister as her primary antagonist as an evil scientist motivated only by self interest he'd be kind of her reflection and I'd want Selene to feature heavily as then we'd get the mystical versus the rational conflict.

As for the Avengers, here's a possible team:

Captain Marvel
    Black Panther
    Vision
    Spider Woman
    Luke Cage

I would also like to explore the idea of Asgard without ever having an Odin. What would that look like.

Baron Zemo leads 'Leviathan".

He's still got Master Man as a side kick.

Namor, Azzuri, Union Jack, Spitfire, John Steele make up the Agents of Atlas during WWII.

Modern Avengers are Namor, Tchalla, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Hercules.

Inhumans take the place of X-men.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Baron Zemo leads 'Leviathan".

He's still got Master Man as a side kick.

Namor, Azzuri, Union Jack, Spitfire, John Steele make up the Agents of Atlas during WWII.

Modern Avengers are Namor, Tchalla, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Hercules.

Inhumans take the place of X-men.
    Which Captain Marvel? Cause without Thanos, Mar-Vel may very well be alive.
    ANd not all the X-Men are gone. Just the ones that showed up in the movies. So you'll have New Mutants and New X-men.

Which Captain Marvel? Cause without Thanos, Mar-Vel may very well be alive.
    ANd not all the X-Men are gone. Just the ones that showed up in the movies. So you'll have New Mutants and New X-men.
    Some of them. Sunspot is out, and I think Canonball got a mention, Warpath is out. So you are losing some good members.

I'd prefer the current Captain Marvel. I like her better and I'd want to have more than just one woman on the team.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Some of them. Sunspot is out, and I think Canonball got a mention, Warpath is out. So you are losing some good members.

I'd prefer the current Captain Marvel. I like her better and I'd want to have more than just one woman on the team.
    And that's the creative thing, as you can uses faces from all over the place.

Fun hypothetical idea I bounce around.

What if there was a Alt U where NONE of the Movie Characters existed?

This means no Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Spider-Man, Movie X-Men, Ghost Rider, Thanos, Galactus, and so on. What would the landscape of Marvel look like? Would it be villains running amuck, or would many of the crooks actually step up to become heroes? Without Odin, how would Asgard look? Would Enchantress and Valkyrie actually be friends? What would happen to the mutants if there was never a Xavier or Magneto or Striker?

I want to hear the wild ideas that could happen!
    It's sort of like the Original Sin Annual looked before the Marvel Heroes stepped in. The Man on the Wall would still have been operational right up to 1957, and then someone else would have to take over after that, with all the Alien rifles and space tech McCord had built up. So when the mutants and villains started appearing, McCords replacement would just pop them for fear that they would start to be a problem. Or maybe, like Fury did with Spiderman, the Man on the Wall would just monitor the mutants and super Heros and villains, until they became a problem and then popped them in the head. As we saw in Original Sin, the Watcher would still be there on the moon and the Man on the Wall would have a lot of LMD's floating around the planet. So when the New Warriors formed, they would become the Avengers of the 1970's.