Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I always envisioned Tom Sellick as Batman. Tall, fit and a stone cut chin.
    Tom Selleck was always Tony Stark!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    I get that fanboys love Fillion.
    Well, is Hal confirmed as the cinematic Green Lantern again? If they go with one of the other characters they could always have an old Hal played by Fillion.

BANNED

Bradley Cooper

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Bradley Cooper
    Cooper always will be Barry in my view. Chris Pine is a fine (not perfect) choice if they decide to go with Hal, which they probably will, but my preference would be Idris Elba as John. You know, "badass Lantern".

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well, is Hal confirmed as the cinematic Green Lantern again? If they go with one of the other characters they could always have an old Hal played by Fillion.
    Nope. Personally I hope DC will go for John Stewart, more diversity wouldn't hurt.

Chris Pine is one of the few actors in the world that never peaks my interest, so no. Not only that, but...

Who better to rely on to pull this off than Chris Pine, who has already successfully created a version of Captain Kirk in the rebooted Star Trek franchise who shares these exact character traits?
    ...is possibly the worst reasoning. Why would Chris Pine actively choose to play the exact same character he's already earning boat-loads of cash playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Personally I hope DC will go for John Stewart, more diversity wouldn't hurt.
    Depends on what diversity. I mean, you're obviously referring to more black superheroes on the team, but what the Justice League casting is missing at the moment (and one of the few things the article does get right) is a lack of light-heartedness. Hal or Kyle, or even Guy, are much better fits to fill a personality niche in the team. John Stewart is black, so is Cyborg so that's a niche already filled. John Stewart is a badass, which Jason Momoa's Aquaman already fills. John Stewart is haunted by his past actions, which is a niche an older Batman already fills. He's also a really serious guy, which is filled by pretty much everyone on the team. Green Lantern needs to be a fun character, and I'm sorry to say, John Stewart isn't that.
    Last edited by PyroSikTh; 10-16-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    I get that fanboys love Fillion. But he is too old for the role (he'd be 49 years old by the time the new GL movie comes out). And frankly, he's not very good-looking. Maybe 10 years ago he would've have worked, but not now.

There are plenty of actors who could play Hal Jordan. No shortage of good-looking brunet men under 35 in Hollywood.
    I share the same feelings as denniz camp regarding nzthan fillion's swagger and charisma. Is there a younger nathan like actor out there? Someone who is about the same age as the actor playing the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Chris Pine is one of the few actors in the world that never peaks my interest, so no. Not only that, but...

...is possibly the worst reasoning. Why would Chris Pine actively choose to play the exact same character he's already earning boat-loads of cash playing?

Depends on what diversity. I mean, you're obviously referring to more black superheroes on the team, but what the Justice League casting is missing at the moment (and one of the few things the article does get right) is a lack of light-heartedness. Hal or Kyle, or even Guy, are much better fits to fill a personality niche in the team. John Stewart is black, so is Cyborg so that's a niche already filled. John Stewart is a badass, which Jason Momoa's Aquaman already fills. John Stewart is haunted by his past actions, which is a niche an older Batman already fills. He's also a really serious guy, which is filled by pretty much everyone on the team. Green Lantern needs to be a fun character, and I'm sorry to say, John Stewart isn't that.
    On a side note, is Jessica Cruz Filipino? South east asian? Just curious.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Tom Cruise could have been a really good Hal Jordan maybe 20 years ago, back during his Top Gun days.
    Cruise could have acted the part, but he's a bit on the short side to portray Hal/GL.

Perhaps someone can necromance the perfect Hal Jordan? :P

I suppose a better Hal Jordan cannot be found than the man who inspired his appearance in the first place.

Back during the 1970s, Robert Redford would have been the *perfect* Barry Allen.

He's the spitting image of Cary Bates' and Irv Novick's Barry Allen.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Imagine a GL/Flash movie featuring Redford and Newman. It would be the stuff of legend!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Imagine a GL/Flash movie featuring Redford and Newman. It would be the stuff of legend!
    It would have been...had the studios been making big-budget superhero films back in the 1960s and early 1970s.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It would have been...had the studios been making big-budget superhero films back in the 1960s and early 1970s.

Superhero movies are the new Westerns.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    On a side note, is Jessica Cruz Filipino? South east asian? Just curious.
    She's Filipino

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    One black man fill up the role? That sound just like tokenism. "Oh you got you black character no problem". Besides the two biggest characters are white so it is necessarily balanced out with having the 4 (Batman, Superman, GL and Flash) being whites (assuming they will be in the movie). So far they haven't said what Flash we are getting so if we get Wally West that could easily be the light headed character if you think a team need that to have dynamics which I don't necessarily think. You can have a dynamic well functioning and entertaining group without having a lightheaded person on the team. Sure it can create a dynamic but you can do that in many different ways.

John Stewart has the advantage that he is known from the JLA show and that he is not connected with the first GL movie which many hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    She's Filipino
    has there been a filipino dc character before? (is grunge of gen 13 filipino - or maybe korean). anyways, newsarama is betting on jessica cruz for the justice league movie (highly unlikely imo). but if they did, that's hitting two birds i think. she's asian and she's a she. how about vanessa hudgens?

i would still prefer to see hal in the justice league movie though.

actually, i would love to watch a green lantern corps movie. more focus on the earth based lanterns, less on batman and superman (well at least batman, i feel superman could use some more exposure).