Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

of course it would work.

a good story could be written about anything

and this would work as an amazing story of humanity, about a god facing his or her own vulnerability, a hero needing help from an ordinary human.

with this concept the paradigm shifts and all of a sudden the regular person becomes the hero trying to help the fallen savior find their wings once more

just needs a writer who understands ptsd, and psychology and has experience in writing superhero comics

I think it's been suggested that when Jack Kirby reintroduced Captain America in the Silver Age he portrayed him as suffering from what we would now understand as PTSD.

In any event, yes, it could work, and would be a good idea (if well written).

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

It's probably only something Kurt Busiek would explore in "Astro City" as he likes to explore the genre and it's his universe to do whatever he wants in. He did one about super-powered people who don't want to be heroes including one lady who tried it and caused an accident so she left heroing and went into film where her powers could be used for cheap special FX (she went back in briefly to help rescue a friend).

The only way I'd see one of the Big Two green lighting it would be with a less known character as they wouldn't want their big ones to be imperfect (although as mentioned by another poster you could argue Spider-Man, I'd add Punisher is a bit mental after all that). Someone who's less powered would also make sense, maybe inspired to go at it like a big hero but it not going well and have to deal with the fallout. DC characters occasionally lose arms but then they all get robotic replacements and go on like it's fine. You'd have to have someone dealing with something that doesn't usually get magicked away.

Back in the 90s Superman had a therapist but people tend to scoff at the idea since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    of course it would work.

a good story could be written about anything

and this would work as an amazing story of humanity, about a god facing his or her own vulnerability, a hero needing help from an ordinary human.

with this concept the paradigm shifts and all of a sudden the regular person becomes the hero trying to help the fallen savior find their wings once more

just needs a writer who understands ptsd, and psychology and has experience in writing superhero comics
    This. As long as the writer treats the subject with complete respect then it can definitely work

Just about anything can work as long as the writing is good
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"