Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Stories are meant to be used in ways that peaks the readers interest.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Here's an idea that would be a little more feasible in the Marvel Universe we're familiar with. A movie is being made about the Black Widow, using what publicly available knowledge there is on her as the basis for the plot and characterization and what-not. Mary Jane Watson is playing the Black Widow. Things get awkward at Avengers Tower/Mansion between Spider-Man and the actual Black Widow because of this, since Spider-Man, out of costume, is or was married to Mary Jane. Cue jokes about a costumed Mary Jane getting mistaken for the Black Widow and the actual Black Widow getting mistaken for Mary Jane Watson getting into character.

If we're dealing with Spider-Man's dual identity being known to his fellow Avengers and his relationship with Mary Jane being known to them, too, cue some hilariously awkward moments where Mary Jane visits Avengers Tower/Mansion to get tips from the actual Black Widow "for accuracy's sake" and some wiseacres decide it's a good idea to pretend that MJ and Natasha are long-lost twins. Oh, and the plot thickens when Yelena Belova decides to f*** up the production just to screw with Natasha, with Mary Jane as collateral damage . . . not if Spider-Man can help it, though. How does that sound?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Here's an idea that would be a little more feasible in the Marvel Universe we're familiar with. A movie is being made about the Black Widow, using what publicly available knowledge there is on her as the basis for the plot and characterization and what-not. Mary Jane Watson is playing the Black Widow. Things get awkward at Avengers Tower/Mansion between Spider-Man and the actual Black Widow because of this, since Spider-Man, out of costume, is or was married to Mary Jane. Cue jokes about a costumed Mary Jane getting mistaken for the Black Widow and the actual Black Widow getting mistaken for Mary Jane Watson getting into character.

If we're dealing with Spider-Man's dual identity being known to his fellow Avengers and his relationship with Mary Jane being known to them, too, cue some hilariously awkward moments where Mary Jane visits Avengers Tower/Mansion to get tips from the actual Black Widow "for accuracy's sake" and some wiseacres decide it's a good idea to pretend that MJ and Natasha are long-lost twins. Oh, and the plot thickens when Yelena Belova decides to f*** up the production just to screw with Natasha, with Mary Jane as collateral damage . . . not if Spider-Man can help it, though. How does that sound?
    Personally, I would rather keep Mary Jane as far away from the Avengers as possible, along with Peter Parker as well. I personally feel that, like Spider-Man, the Black Widow doesn't need the Avengers. I would love to see Natasha and Peter work together that has absolutely nothing to do with the Avengers. Nothing to do with her usual partnerships with Hawkeye, Daredevil, or Captain America/Nick Fury. It would be quite interesting to see Natasha working and getting to know Peter Parker in the same manner as his friendship was with the Black Cat. In addition, I feel that the Black Widow should have been a part of Spider-Man's world the moment she entered in in ASM #86. Why no other Spider-Man writer ever bothered to include her in some of their stories is beyond me as she would change the whole dynamic of the story in ways that might make it interesting from her past partnerships.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

I love that idea (great story idea)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Personally, I would rather keep Mary Jane as far away from the Avengers as possible, along with Peter Parker as well. I personally feel that, like Spider-Man, the Black Widow doesn't need the Avengers. I would love to see Natasha and Peter work together that has absolutely nothing to do with the Avengers. Nothing to do with her usual partnerships with Hawkeye, Daredevil, or Captain America/Nick Fury. It would be quite interesting to see Natasha working and getting to know Peter Parker in the same manner as his friendship was with the Black Cat. In addition, I feel that the Black Widow should have been a part of Spider-Man's world the moment she entered in in ASM #86. Why no other Spider-Man writer ever bothered to include her in some of their stories is beyond me as she would change the whole dynamic of the story in ways that might make it interesting from her past partnerships.
    You can’t have it both ways you wanted a story that could expand on the friendship between Natasha and Peter here is an idea where that applys its made even better as you have Clint and Tony to crack jokes at Pete and Tasha expense. The avengers wouldn’t be fighting Yelena that would be Peter and/or Peter/Natasha.
    The problem is you are focusing on the past which unless it is retconned we can’t change so deal with the past use it but if you want to write in the present they you can acknowledge the past
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    You just hit the jackpot, Peter!
    Attachment 8113
    I may have asked before but could someone tell me where this is from it looks awesome and peeks my interest.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Let's hope so.
    I really want to see Nat and James together!
    I think that James isn't the type who returns to his ex. I think that James and Natasha are way too similar. Spider-Man, on the other hand, would add something that's dynamic that would excite Natasha's interest.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-25-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think that James isn't the type who returns to his ex. I think that James and Natasha are way too similar. Spider-Man, on the other hand, would add something that's dynamic that would excite Natasha's interest.

It would be pretty interesting to follow up on those interactions between them. I do like the idea of Spider-Man/Black Widow playing off each other in the sense that while Spider-Man has had his share of hardships and tragedies and losses that have colored and shaped his worldview, he still retains a certain idealism that the Widow lost a long time ago. From what I've seen of their interactions, she respects that idealism, at least in terms of the inner fortitude and strength it would take to retain such in the world they live in and with everything that's happened to them. That would be a good foundation to build on, I'd think.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Stories are meant to be used in ways that peaks the readers interest.
    No, you don't want to do that, because the only place to go from the peak is down, and nobody wants reader interest to diminish after a certain point.

Unless you meant pique, which is an entirely different word...;-)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    No, you don't want to do that, because the only place to go from the peak is down, and nobody wants reader interest to diminish after a certain point.

Unless you meant pique, which is an entirely different word...;-)
    Yaaay, pedantry! And I'm not even being sarcastic, I am genuinely pleased someone else spotted that. But so as to stay on topic, I don't think Black Widow and Spidey really have anything in common once you look past the name. One is (just above?) peak human condition, highly trained, highly professional, spy, specifically trained and equipped to operate in super-powered circles. The other is the quintessential super-powered amateur. A gifted amateur but still an amateur who risks his life for no other reason than he feels it the right thing to do. I am not saying either is better than the other but frankly the most interesting thing would be how different they are despite equally heroic in their own ways, and that wouldn't last for that long before most writers run out of interesting things to go with that theme.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    Yaaay, pedantry! And I'm not even being sarcastic, I am genuinely pleased someone else spotted that. But so as to stay on topic, I don't think Black Widow and Spidey really have anything in common once you look past the name. One is (just above?) peak human condition, highly trained, highly professional, spy, specifically trained and equipped to operate in super-powered circles. The other is the quintessential super-powered amateur. A gifted amateur but still an amateur who risks his life for no other reason than he feels it the right thing to do. I am not saying either is better than the other but frankly the most interesting thing would be how different they are despite equally heroic in their own ways, and that wouldn't last for that long before most writers run out of interesting things to go with that theme.
    One can say the same about Spider-Man and Silver Sable, who in many ways is just like the Black Widow. There are tons of story potential to be tapped between Peter Parker and Natasha Romanov beyond the Spider-Themed costume. By the way, did you get the chance to look at the link I provided?

Astonishing Member

Who likes to see the following team-up, aside from Spider-Man x Black Widow:

Silver Sable x Winter Soldier

Who likes to see the following team-up, aside from Spider-Man x Black Widow:

Silver Sable x Winter Soldier
    Sold.

I really would like to see Winter Soldier and Silver Sablinova crossing paths in Symkaria.

ws ss.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member