Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What villains do you want to see in a future ASM movie installment?

Title says it all--I have a few ideas of my own. SPOILERS for ASM 2, be warned.

Scorpion - keeping in line with villains we haven't seen onscreen yet, for me Scorpion is a must. I'm not sure what his motivation would be as a character. But I would love to see that suit onscreen, and not all overly mechanical where you see every nut and bolt like Transformers or something. Keep it simple, streamlined, green, with a tail that smashes **** and shoots lasers, as well as pincer claw hands for scaling buildings and chasing Spider-man.

Shocker - I would love to see Shocker in a Spider-man film, even if he's just in the beginning of a film robbing a bank and gets dispatched by Spidey. But he has to be in the full quilt costume (which would get a lot of jokes out of Spider-man). I would just really dig seeing him throw punches across a room with his vibro-gauntlets that Spidey has to avoid with speed--could be a great action sequence.

Venom / Carnage - as they've already done the black costume thing in Raimi's SM3, there's really no need to do it again. So that means they may as well forego Venom and go straight to Carnage. I guess it would be another experimental suit that Richard Parker was working on thing like in the Ultimate Comics. And since they've already introduced Ravencroft, it seems logical to go straight to Cassady / Carnage. It would also be in line with a darker take on the movies post-Gwen's death, if that's the route they intend to go.

Mysterio - well, duh, he's one of the all-time great Spidey villains. I'm just not sure yet how he would work onscreen. But they may as well do the Ultimate-styled look perhaps mixed with the JR Jr. redesign of the 90's.

Having said all that, the only villain I would love to see is Hobgoblin but they would probably never do it because it's a character that works so much better in legacy form in the comics. Hence why we'll never probably get a good Hobgoblin portrayal on film.

The Ultimate Spider-Man MilesMorales's Avatar

Scorpion would be really cool.

BANNED

Mysterio, Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Shocker, Smythe, Morbius, Kraven, Chameleon.

All-New Member The Amazing Spider-Man's Avatar

I wish Venom and the Sinister Six weren't getting the solo treatment.

I think venom has a better reason for a solo film, the Sinister Six though, were only created to kill spider-man, so I don't understand the decision to make them a solo movie. Where's the conflict?

I guess we'll find out.

I shall reserve my judgement until after I see the movie. I'm curious to see how it'll work out.

They're likely to go with the Sinister Six, and maybe Venom, to tie up loose ends and set up spin-offs.

After Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2, I'd like to see a focus on one villain. I think the Spider-Man films benefit from more emphasis on Peter's private life, which limits the possibilities for antagonist screen-time.

Mysterio could work as someone with impressive visuals, who could be recruited by Harry and prove to difficult to control.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mysterio would be good because he would be all meta about movies.

I've always, always wanted to see Mysterio. A decent Green-Goblin wouldn't be too bad either.......(little joke) Maybe Hobgoblin?

All-New Member

Now is the perfect time for Mysterio, with top notch special effects and 3D, he is the only villain that could top the sheer spectacle provided by Electro.

And I'd also really like to see Scorpion. But hopefully they don't change his origin too much. Have JJJ strike a deal with Oscorp to get rid of that damn webbed menance, and of course Scorpion turns on his creators and JJJ needs saving from who he hates most. That'd be fun to watch.

Kraven
    The Valture
    Any Marvel female villain, a female Scorpion maybe.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

Carnage x1000

But I have a feeling I would just be pissed because I am not sure if Carnage can be done right without an R rating.

Easily done... Harry/Oscorp makes the symbiote, Cassidy is the next volunteer, ends up more crazy than they thought, **** hits the fan in NY.

It can be half murder mystery/half comic book movie. Let us see Parker's brain a bit.

I dont want to see multiple villains. Movies need to stop trying ot go BIGGER BIGGER BIGGER!!!

If they're doing something with Norman Osborn's resurrection, there is one villain who could work: the Jackal.

Amazing Spider-Man 3 might have Harry Osborn die.

Amazing Spider-Man 4 could have a reborn Norman Osborn trying to avenge his son.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Carnage x1000

But I have a feeling I would just be pissed because I am not sure if Carnage can be done right without an R rating.

Easily done... Harry/Oscorp makes the symbiote, Cassidy is the next volunteer, ends up more crazy than they thought, **** hits the fan in NY.

It can be half murder mystery/half comic book movie. Let us see Parker's brain a bit.

I dont want to see multiple villains. Movies need to stop trying ot go BIGGER BIGGER BIGGER!!!
    They could even leave Cassady out and have Carnage be an amorphous killing machine like in the Ultimate Comics.

That said, I'm glad they went with the 616 death scene for Gwen in ASM 2.

for those not seen yet in films:

Ditko/Romita era villains: Kraven, Mysterio, Vulture, Kingpin, Scorpion..

70s-era villains: Man-Wolf, Morbius, Hammerhead.

80s era villains: Hobgoblin (Kingsley), Slyde, the Rose, Hydro-Man, Tombstone.

Side note: I think that it has become interminably messed up that the lead producers seem to want to shoehorn a sympathetic angle with every villain and giving him (so far, male villains) a "personal" connection with Peter or Spider-Man. Some of them were awful people to begin with, it's not always about a twist-of-fate making them antagonists.

No disrespect to Jamie Foxx's performance, but the original Max Dillon was a loafer and a jerk before he got his powers. From there, he didn't want to get revenge on the world. He wanted to get rich. Who knows, maybe the film could have been received differently if the producers had settled on just Electro and not tried to fast-track Harry as the Goblin.

I don't want to see a bunch of "anti-hero" villains any more. I don't care. Let the bad guys be really bad, as the original backstory allows. If the Vulture turns out to have a sick granddaughter, I'm throwing up my hands...
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-11-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Side note: I think that it has become interminably messed up that the lead producers seem to want to shoehorn a sympathetic angle with every villain and giving him (so far, male villains) a "personal" connection with Peter or Spider-Man. Some of them were awful people to begin with, it's not always about a twist-of-fate making them antagonists.

No disrespect to Jamie Foxx's performance, but the original Max Dillon was a loafer and a jerk before he got his powers. From there, he didn't want to get revenge on the world. He wanted to get rich. Who knows, maybe the film could have been received differently if the producers had settled on just Electro and not tried to fast-track Harry as the Goblin.

I don't want to see a bunch of "anti-hero" villains any more. I don't care. Let the bad guys be really bad, as the original backstory allows. If the Vulture turns out to have a sick granddaughter, I'm throwing up my hands...
    To be fair Dillon in this movie was only connected to Spider-Man, he never knew Peter Parker. The Goblin & Lizard have always been enemies that are connected to both sides of Peter's life, as a person & as a superhero...

But you are right on making enemies too nice. ASM should avoid that with the upcoming Sinister Six movie. IMO, the Raimi movies are mainly guilty on the whole making viewers sympathise with the villain (It was done well with Doc Ock, yet Sandman having a sick daughter & killing Uncle Ben being an accident was the worst, I also never understood Raimi's fixation with Sandman).

But thankfully the Sinister Six is filled with villains that don't need so much backstories and as you said, were bad people to begin with. Developing villains so much is time wasted that could go to developing Peter and his supporting cast. To me the way the Rhino was characterised in ASM2 was pretty spot on. The Rhino knows how to cause trouble, has a grudge against Spidey, yet is as dumb as a brick & doesn't call the shots. It's rather easy for Spidey to take him down. Add villains like Mysterio and Kraven, who are villains that aren't insane (for the most part) and know exactly what they are doing. They don't need much of a backstory on how they turned evil. Seriously, Mysterio & Kraven are begging to get adapted on the big screen. An enemy who is built around illusion and movie effects, and an enemy who is cunning and relies on hunting skills give Peter different kinds of fights and provide interesting situations for Peter to exploit his abilities as Spider-Man.
    Last edited by jgprime; 05-11-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Mysterio is the big one. Also:

-Kraven the Hunter.
    -Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley).
    -Black Cat.
    -Michael Morbius.
    -Tombstone.