Default Edge of Spider-Verse - Looking Back

So Edge of Spider-Verse concluded with Issue #5 and I find myself wanting more stories. I honestly felt the low point was #4. I did not like the concept behind monster peter. Specifically the infection with spiders.

High point was Spider-Gwen. Cant wait for that series.

#3 had me feeling bad, I wanted more adventures there as well. Also sad that he figures it out in time to be killed by Morlun (presumably).

Sp//dr was a neat take on the concept, however I would have read seen that concept eaten than the cybernetic spidey from #3. Still, it will be interesting to see where they go with that one.

And NOIR is just a win. Solid story.

What did you guys think? What was your high point and your low point? Would you buy a series based on any of the characters? Did you want more issues? Would you have liked a dead character to stay alive or living character to die?

Should be fun to see where they go from here.

BANNED

I didn't read his issue yet, but I kinda wanted the psychopath kid to stick around. Woulda been interesting to see him being on one of the teams.

iMan 42s

I enjoyed Aaron Aikman and honestly would want a sort of graphic novel or miniseries from this. The bleeding edge spiderman concept is really cool and with a few more tweaks to the costume, it could become a refreshing and unique iteration with his own villains rather than a gender bent or ultimate variant of the characters. I'm hoping Aikman is still around somehow as I feel he could have offered a unique look at how to stop Morlun. If he is dead then it was an absolute waste of a perfectly good character because Aikman was a neat iteration of spiderman that was a nice blend of Peter and Otto.

My least favorite was Patton Parnel by far. I haven't read issue 2 or 5 just yet so my opinion may change but Patton was hard to read through. He doesn't to be a monster and at the end of the day I'm left wondering if it was the abuse or Patton himself maybe both that made him this way but he was a monster plain and simple. Otto would've ignored him and Peter wouldn't have dared get his help. We are at points meant to sympathize with him but I'm just not able to. It was obviously the point to make him a monster but even carnage is likeable. The story even still added nothing to spiderverse. Sure Noir and Gwen will show up but we have 3 others where we know one is dead and the other even if he isn't is likely unable to help considering his own world's situation. I could have done without his issue all together but I'll admit it was memorable. Even though this was my least favorite I'll admit that while there are story telling hiccups and its story as a whole didn't matter it still remains memorable despite it all. Doesn't mean Parnell needs to be explored any further though.

I'll probably say something about Gwen later but for now I prefer Aikman and Noir being fairly solid stories.
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 10-16-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Would really like to see this go on some more, giving lots of creators free-reign to do whatever they can dream up on the character. My favorites were Spider-Gwen and SP//dr. Noir back for an issue was a treat as well.

I have yet to read the fifth issue, but with reading the first four I'd say my favorite was definitely Aaron Aikman, and my least favorite was Patton.
    The neo-tokyo kind of setting really made me feel a new type of excitement I haven't felt for Peter Parker in recent months. Aaron also was just a total silent-genius-badass type encompassed into a decent character design. I felt like the suit was a cool concept, but could have been executed much better, nonetheless I loved Aaron as a character. The horror-style issue with Patton was just disgusting, it felt like something one of those "pain olympic" videos my messed up friends in highschool would show me just to sicken me. Reading that issue almost made me reconsider the idea of getting every single Spider-Verse related comic. I might just start looking into the titles before I actually pay good money for them.

I think the Spider Monster universe could come back. If all the new spiders born from his uncle and Sara Jane infect others as well, the entire planet could become Spider monsters. Morlun and the others would have an endless supply of food.