Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Iron, which they don't have access to, so I don't understand why you're putting this into the equation.

But this is a thing of speed. And Mal is extremely fast. It's been a while since I watched HP/Mummy, so I can't comment on it. But it literally only takes a flick of her wrist for her to do anything. Also, you can't give Voldy preparation to counter anything mal would cast because he wasn't specified to have prep or even know what Mal is capable of doing.
    Wait, why wouldn't they have access to iron? Nothing is too far from Voldemort or anyone in the HP universe when they can just use the Accio spell and summon it right to them.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Wait, why wouldn't they have access to iron? Nothing is too far from Voldemort or anyone in the HP universe when they can just use the Accio spell and summon it right to them.
    Uhh, they're in a rainforest as per the OP? And no-one on HP has feats for using the Accio spell over those kid of distances.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Uhh, they're in a rainforest as per the OP? And no-one on HP has feats for using the Accio spell over those kid of distances.
    Voldemort could possibly Accio Dracula's sword, if he can't just transmute something into iron. Presumably, Apparating to one of his strongholds and picking up some iron stuff and coming back would count as a forfeit, even in a scenario match.

I actually missed the part in the OP about the rainforest, so that's my mistake. But Imhotep could have an iron sword or even jewelery Voldemort could use. A transfiguration spell could turn a tree branch into something iron. There's plenty of ways they could still have access to iron.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Voldemort could possibly Accio Dracula's sword, if he can't just transmute something into iron. Presumably, Apparating to one of his strongholds and picking up some iron stuff and coming back would count as a forfeit, even in a scenario match.
    Wait, isn't Dracula's armour iron-based in itself? In which case, couldn't Imhotep just slam him into Maleficent using his TK(double knockdown) and at the same time line them up nicely for a double Cruciatis by Voldy? Sounds like a viable tactic to me, and not one either of them are above considering how neither of them is in any way stupid.

Wait, isn't Dracula's armour iron-based in itself? In which case, couldn't Imhotep just slam him into Maleficent using his TK(double knockdown) and at the same time line them up nicely for a double Cruciatis by Voldy? Sounds like a viable tactic to me, and not one either of them are above considering how neither of them is in any way stupid.
    YEP!

Imhotep could use the TK from Mummy Returns to turn Dracula into a iron projectile of Malefiecent while Voldemrort goes for the kill.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Iron, which they don't have access to, so I don't understand why you're putting this into the equation.

But this is a thing of speed. And Mal is extremely fast. It's been a while since I watched HP/Mummy, so I can't comment on it. But it literally only takes a flick of her wrist for her to do anything. Also, you can't give Voldy preparation to counter anything mal would cast because he wasn't specified to have prep or even know what Mal is capable of doing.
    Kuro - this is a Rumble, so "common knowledge" exists. Voldy will absolutely know what Mal is capable of. And Voldy is a hell of a lot better & more practiced in magical duels than she is.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Kuro - this is a Rumble, so "common knowledge" exists. Voldy will absolutely know what Mal is capable of. And Voldy is a hell of a lot better & more practiced in magical duels than she is.
    Except her weakness to iron isn't common knowledge.

She's a fairy, yeah? Iron kills fairies, if pretty much rule 1 of fairies.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Thing is, "common knowledge" is pretty much used as "what a regular enemy of said person would know."

Also, I was, as quoted and bolded originally, referring to what you wrote after you talked about iron. Here is the salient part again:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro
    Also, you can't give Voldy preparation to counter anything mal would cast because he wasn't specified to have prep or even know what Mal is capable of doing.
    And he quite definitely does have a pretty good idea of what Mal is capable of, thanks to the Rumbles common knowledge provision.

And he's still a better magical duelist than she is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    And he's still a better magical duelist than she is.
    THIS. Neither version of Maleficent has any experience facing an opponent with similar skills or abilities. That's the bad part of being "the strongest of the fae." Tom had already taken a lot of training, and he developed his skills even further with the express purpose of winning duels. His bag of tricks is huge by comparison.

And here he's backed up by an immortal with possibly more firepower, but less experience in complex situations. Imhotep, also, isn't a stranger to teamwork; he's shown to be a very capable planner. So has Tom. Both have also shown to draw on an ally's strengths at the drop of a hat.

Maleficent hasn't had any experience of fighting beside someone else who has skills comparable to hers.

BANNED

I don't think it matters if Voldemort knows about iron. If he has time to use magic to..magic up some iron...that also means he would of had time to just mind screw or kill or transmute, etc. So, if he has time to cast a spell, why waste it on summoning some iron? He has better stuff in his arsenal.