Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dracula Untold version had weather control powers.

But just not as fast or powerful as the others.

And Mummy Returns, the guy was a JEDI TK artist, as when the kid tried runnig away, dude force grabbed him while walking on water, casually.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Not so.

The man is capable of possession as a spirit and there are quite a few guys out there that can turn his body into chunky salsa, but would also fail their saving throw vs possession, resulting in a Voldemort win.
    Every time this comes up, I ask if he can do this in any sort of immediate fashion after being "killed," and it sounds like there's no feats to actually demonstrate that he can. There's been a bunch of threads (old board) where people suggested that he could just body hop around, and never actually demonstrated that he could.

So can he actually do this? Are there any feats which demonstrate that Voldemort, after being killed, can "come back" via another person's body immediately (i.e. we basically have to see it happen on-screen or have some very explicit narrative)? Because if he can do that, I don't understand why he ever needed elaborate rituals for his own resurrection (philosopher's stone aside, because I think that was supposed to power him up?). If all we have is a thing where he will come back in some way eventually, that's a ten count. Existing as a ghost that can't actually do anything to the physical world would blanket cover like, half of fictional characters who come from settings with some kind of life-after-death. Plenty of people in Supernatural have demonstrated that they can say no to moving on, and we even know exactly what it takes for them to learn ghost tricks.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 10-17-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Every time this comes up, I ask if he can do this in any sort of immediate fashion after being "killed," and it sounds like there's no feats to actually demonstrate that he can. There's been a bunch of threads (old board) where people suggested that he could just body hop around, and never actually demonstrated that he could.

So can he actually do this? Are there any feats which demonstrate that Voldemort, after being killed, can "come back" via another person's body immediately (i.e. we basically have to see it happen on-screen or have some very explicit narrative)? Because if he can do that, I don't understand why he ever needed elaborate rituals for his own resurrection (philosopher's stone aside, because I think that was supposed to power him up?). If all we have is a thing where he will come back in some way eventually, that's a ten count. Existing as a ghost that can't actually do anything to the physical world would blanket cover like, half of fictional characters who come from settings with some kind of life-after-death. Plenty of people in Supernatural have demonstrated that they can say no to moving on, and we even know exactly what it takes for them to learn ghost tricks.
    No. Voldemort never showed insta-possesion. He possessed Quirrel, but IIRC, that was because Quirrel gave him permission.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks for confirming.

As for Quirrel, I don't even think that happened on-screen, did it? Not that it really matters, since it doesn't do anything to establish Voldemort as some kind of body-snatching unkillable psychic entity.

BANNED

The books say he possessed animals and could of possessed humans, but did not for fear of detection. We aren't really told how long it takes though. Could be able to happen immediately after his death..or it might require him to get his 'bearings' a bit first and adjust a non-corporeal existence before he could do anything.

So any fight with a 10 count in play..bodily destruction should do just fine. Though as for Quirrel I always assumed that was not..normal possession. Since the whole..face on the back of his head thing, and at times it seemed like Voldemort was giving him commands as opposed to directly controlling him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    If Maleficent can quick-draw Voldemort and transmute him into a cat, then Imhotep might be incapacitated before he can get anything major going. I don't know that transmutation would work on a living corpse that can turn himself into a giant sandstorm with a face and back again. Heck, I don't know that turning him into a bug and squishing him would really prevent him from turning himself into that sandstorm anyways, due to the aforementioned "he's not actually alive anyway" factor.

Could of sworn they said the cat thing only worked when he was not at full power. I actually believe they specifically say that after they chase him away with a cat the first time. As for transmutation not working on the mummy, I would imagine it would work. The question of whether or not it would *stick* is different, but I see no reason his body(living or dead) would be immune to being changed, especially since we know he himself can change it.

Also does he actually turn into sand though? Since with the water thing he just controlled a massive amount, I don't recall him becoming actual water himself. Or maybe he did and I just forgot, it's been a while since I've seen it.
    Last edited by Surtur; 10-18-2014 at 06:06 PM.

The books say he possessed animals and could of possessed humans, but did not for fear of detection.
    Out of curiousity, not that it really matters, but do they indicate that he can do this while "dead?" Or is it something he needs to be able to cast spells for and stuff?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Out of curiousity, not that it really matters, but do they indicate that he can do this while "dead?" Or is it something he needs to be able to cast spells for and stuff?
    No he was dead during the whole "possessing animals" thing. It's what he was mostly up to during the first decade after he was "killed". He did not want to possess a human during this time out of fear wizards would detect him, so he stuck to animals, mostly snakes. If he needed to cast spells for it then it would mean he could cast spells as a spirit, which actually would of made him about 1,000 times more dangerous.
    Last edited by Surtur; 10-18-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    No he was dead during the whole "possessing animals" thing. It's what he was mostly up to during the first decade after he was "killed". He did not want to possess a human during this time out of fear wizards would detect him, so he stuck to animals, mostly snakes. If he needed to cast spells for it then it would mean he could cast spells as a spirit, which actually would of made him about 1,000 times more dangerous.
    Gotcher.

I'd give it to Imhotep and Voldemort, easily. Maleficent can be easily defeated with anything iron, even with her powers, and she'd have to contend with Voldemort's magic. Voldemort lives in a magical world where vampires are commonplace, so he'd probably have a myriad of different spells at his disposal he could use to destroy Dracula. Plus, he knows the instant death spell. In my scenario, Imhotep wouldn't even really have a chance so step in because I think Voldemort would take them both on his own.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I'd give it to Imhotep and Voldemort, easily. Maleficent can be easily defeated with anything iron, even with her powers, and she'd have to contend with Voldemort's magic. Voldemort lives in a magical world where vampires are commonplace, so he'd probably have a myriad of different spells at his disposal he could use to destroy Dracula. Plus, he knows the instant death spell. In my scenario, Imhotep wouldn't even really have a chance so step in because I think Voldemort would take them both on his own.
    And Mal can flick her wrist casually and turn Voldemort into a bug.. then just smash him under her heel. Or she can TK him into the air and slam him against Imhotep.

That's true, however I'd have to imagine that Voldemort would be prepared to counter any sort of spell that Maleficent would use. I'm not saying she's not powerful, but she definitely has a big weakness when it comes to her being so vulnerable to iron.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

The Mummy CAN become sand as well as manipulate it.

BANNED

I'm going with the side that has massive AOE's, and that's Imhotep's. This guy is no joke, and more than a fair HTH combatant. If the fight had been protracted without PIS/CIS and character shields, he would of killed his opponent. He's also damned strong, and has immortality(in Scorpion King, Anubis had to remove it as well as his powers, before he faced Matthias...)

He can also turn himself into a sandstorm, and become practically "un-hittable" unless you have an AOE that can fill the arena completely. Neither Maleficant nor Dracula AFAIK have such a thing at their disposal.

Maleficent has powerful curses, yes, but they take a lot of time and seemingly need to be charged up(like Guile's sonic boom...but once cast, they stick. ) Tom's curses are instant, move fast, but have no feats for effecting creatures as powerful as Maleficent, nor a regenrator. Is this version of Dracula undead? Any feats for AK killling an undead being? However, Tom doesn't need to use the AK; even if it doesn't work, he has the Cruciatis and Imperius. Which should slow his opponents down enough for Imhotep to hit the pair with something massive.

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    That's true, however I'd have to imagine that Voldemort would be prepared to counter any sort of spell that Maleficent would use. I'm not saying she's not powerful, but she definitely has a big weakness when it comes to her being so vulnerable to iron.
    Iron, which they don't have access to, so I don't understand why you're putting this into the equation.

But this is a thing of speed. And Mal is extremely fast. It's been a while since I watched HP/Mummy, so I can't comment on it. But it literally only takes a flick of her wrist for her to do anything. Also, you can't give Voldy preparation to counter anything mal would cast because he wasn't specified to have prep or even know what Mal is capable of doing.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Point of facts on Voldy's possession:

He possessed a witch in Romania when she approached his hiding place - he described the story during his rebirth. This is when he was dead, pre-body.

And, in the fight with Dumbledore, DD surrounds him in a ball, and Voldy disappears. This is "the only time Dumbledore seems worried throughout the fight." He tries to possess Harry, but can't make it stick due to Harry's, um, Harry-ness.