View Poll Results: What is your opinion of The Joker?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like The Joker (feel free to explain)

72 60.00%
  • I'm indifferent about The Joker (feel free to explain)

15 12.50%
  • I dislike The Joker (feel free to explain)

33 27.50%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Question How Do You Feel About The Joker?

I've seen in a lot of threads where people talk about what they think of The Joker, and the opinions raise from favorable to people who don't like him in any capacity. So I was curious and thought I'd make a poll so we could have a general idea of where The Joker falls within the CBR community.

Personally, Joker is still one of my favorite all-time villains and I can't really imagine the Batman universe without him. Obviously there's going to be stories involving him that fall flat from time to time, and it could be argued that he's grossly over-used, but because he's become so synonymous with Batman, I think that justifies the over-usage.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Astonishing Member

He's a good villain who's been beaten down into a parody of himself because of decades of lazy writing.

So basically none of those options.

I like the Joker.

I just don't always like the stories about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    He's a good villain who's been beaten down into a parody of himself because of decades of lazy writing.

So basically none of those options.
    I understand how you could think the stories and writing have gotten lazy over decades, but the question really is does that affect your overall opinion of the character himself, or does that just reflect poorly on the writers and the stories?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

Joker over-saturation, getting tired of him.

I like the Joker. One of the greatest comic book and movie villains ever. My favorite part of him is adaptability to other media. Nicholson's Joker was great and culturally significant. Hamill's Joker stole every scene he was in. Ledger's Joker is one of the most dynamic characters ever and won an Oscar. I honestly feel like Joker in TV/Film is even better than he is in the comics

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

You will not doubt get a few contrary folk here going against the grain to go against common opinion but I he's generally a beloved character. Suffers from wolverine syndrome. Pure overexposure, for instance I can't believe he's coming back to the main book already. Far too early, guarantees sales though

I'm a Joker fanboy and I'm not even ashamed to admit it.

Joker is one of my favorite Batman villains but he sure is involved in a lot of stinky stories

I love the Joker, he has been in a great deal of incredible stories, he is really important to the medium, and he's a memorable foe. That said, he's not always well used.

BANNED

I love the Joker, I'm just tired of reading stories about him. Even though he is the definitive Batman villain, I don't like to think of it that way.
    And as much as I love Heath Ledger's performance I don't think it was a good representation of the character from the comics.

BANNED

I feel he's a great comedian.

None of those options. I like him as a character but he just needs to be used less so his stories are more effective. Luckily it seems that DC agrees since he hasn't been used for some time now.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

One of the best, if not THE best villain in fiction.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I'm another who's tired of his over-use in mediocre-to-poorly written stories, but give him some good stories and I'm all for him. I like the concept of the character, but execution has been the problem.