Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Kyle and Carol is the only one I have a particular problem with, but it's not because of them being together per se, it's just I preferred them with other people. Kyle and Sora was a personal favourite coupling of mine, and to me Carol and Hal, despite all their trials and tribulations, will always be THE Green Lantern couple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I know I'm gonna get hate for this but Batman and Wonder Woman shouldn't ever be a couple.
    Agreed. Not a fan of Bruce and Zatanna together either. Both characters are frankly too different from his world.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My list:

Nightwing & Starfire
    Donna Troy & Terry Long
    Wonder Woman & Trevor Barnes
    Wonder Woman & Orion
    Hippolyta & Zeus
    Batman & Talia
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Tim & Cassie
    Kon & Miss Martian
    Kyle & Carol
    Oliver & Felicity (at first i was meh about it but it turned into a cancer now, eugh, enough)
    Wally & Artemis
    Diana & Orion
    Roy & Starfire

oh, and did I mention Tim & Cassie?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Take back Donna Troy in the DcU, so Kyle could leave Carol alone and stay with the only real woman of his life

Apparently a good number of us feel Kyle should not date humans. Lol! I preferred him with Natu as well. The Carol relationship seems forced.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Oh man like for real ? Its like a brother banging his older sister or a sister banging his little brother or whatever. When that happened ?
    To be fair, the writing seemed to imply they didn't know Captain Marvel's secret identity so thought he was a grown man hitting on her.

Jay and Alan basically said "creepy and not happening" and he quit the team soon after, IIRC.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Kyle & Carol
    Hal & Carol half the time tbh
    Dick & Barbara and Dick & Kory
    Kory & Roy
    About half of the relationships in TT.. Tim & Cassie come to mind first, then Raven & Gar.
    Don't like Bruce & Diana either. Or Diana & Clark.

Superman and Wonder Woman
    Black Canary and Green Arrow
    Zatanna and Constantine
    Supergirl and H'el
    Nightwing and Supergirl

i'm trying to think why the decision to have kyle and carol be together was made.

-it's just the natural evolution of their character...
    -fans were demanding it...
    -it'll produce more sales...

whatever the reason was, it didn't work on me. (although if it was intended so that i would post my displeasure on internet forums.... well it worked perfectly).

Superman and Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Apparently a good number of us feel Kyle should not date humans. Lol! I preferred him with Natu as well. The Carol relationship seems forced.
    kyle dating jade was ok with me. although i admit, she is a bit on the greenish side.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    -it'll produce more sales...
    Probably this. It's not a natural development for either character (they've been together for what, a year? They're both obviously not over their exes), fan reaction doesn't seem too positive, and New Guardians is the lowest selling GL book.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i'm trying to think why the decision to have kyle and carol be together was made.

-it's just the natural evolution of their character...
    This would have been a better idea when Kyle was Hal's replacement as the only GL, then. ha ha.

Not a great pairing, IMO. In fact, I just found it kinda... wrong... Then I stopped reading all GL books anyway and felt better.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Amazing Member

Kyle & Carol (and If it ever happens, Hal & Sora)
    Starfire & Roy
    Superman & Wonder Woman
    Batman & Wonder Woman