Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Hal and Carol had a love-hate relationship. Kyle and Carol are cute with each other, I like them thogether.

BANNED

Also like I said in other thread, kinda see Carol like the motherly GF Kyle always needed, yeah she is the dominant here, and she scold him sometimes and Kyle take it like a good boy alright hes kinda feminist.

;D

EDIT: DO I REALLY NEED TO EXPLAIN WHAT A MILF IS?
    Last edited by Vision; 12-02-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Are we talking about the woman who used to run an airplane company, was effectively her boyfriends' boss, told the Zamarons to shut it a couple of times and contradicts the Guardians of the Universe once in a while now? Because if we are, I don't think that her entire purpose is being a Green Lantern groupie. She just likes lanterns, as, say, I like brunettes,
    So, when was the last time she was even shown doing anything for her company or was even around other Zamarons? Certainly not since she showed up in New Guardians, where the only thing she's done is chase either Hal or Kyle around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Babs flirting with Jason isn't even close to as bad as Barbara and Bruce in the old DCAU. It isn't even the same ballpark.
    Babs and Jason is like Coca-Cola Park, Bruce and Babs is like Coors Field.

Oh boy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Also like I said in other thread, kinda see Carol like the motherly GF Kyle always needed, yeah she is the dominant here, and she scold him sometimes and Kyle take it like a good boy alright hes kinda feminist.
    That sounds incredibly creepy.

Astonishing Member

What the hell did I just read.

a feminist protagonist who needs a motherly girlfriend... no wait...
    a dominating girlfriend who is in a relationship with a hero who acts like a good boy...

sorry guys, maybe someone else can spin this. my attempts make it sound like a vertigo title or something...

BANNED

Um, a guy dating an older woman?

TBH I was half joking there but thats fine tho you guys are beggin for it, you Hal fans want to talk about something actually creepy? can someone explain to me..

pedophile Hal Jordan?

Arisia and Hal Jordan

Last edited by Vision; 11-02-2014 at 10:04 PM.

well, since the title of the thread is 'couples who should not be together' i'dd add hal and teen arisia to the list. (wait is it still canon? it was before i got into comics). in spite of this, i still find the carol/kyle relationship questionable.

here are a couple of other relationships that i don't agree with:

BANNED

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    well, since the title of the thread is 'couples who should not be together' i'dd add hal and teen arisia to the list. (wait is it still canon? it was before i got into comics). in spite of this, i still find the carol/kyle relationship questionable.
    Yes it is and either way Arisia is technically the older one -
    -Sure she's 14 on her planet but Hal's age would be considered a baby.
    -Judging in by Earth years Arisia is older by 200 years.

Extraordinary Member

Um...if a guy needs a girlfriend who's like his mother, then he probably has a lot of issues.

Um, a guy dating an older woman?

TBH I was half joking there but thats fine tho you guys are beggin for it, you Hal fans want to talk about something actually creepy? can someone explain to me..
    Are you sure you're a Hal Jordan fan, cuz it really seems like your trying to troll Hal Jordan fans.

pedophile Hal Jordan?

Arisia and Hal Jordan

Ah, that. Well, as it turned out, Arisia was actually much older than Hal. In Earth years, she would have been over 200 years old. Also, Arisia was the one who pursued Hal, and had to use the ring to physically age herself into an adult body before Hal even considered being with her.

Anyway, the main issue with Kyle/Carol is that its extremely forced and badly written. Also, its pretty obvious that they're both not really in love with each other. Hell, Kyle warped reality and replaced her with Alex for God's sake.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-03-2014 at 07:57 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    So, when was the last time she was even shown doing anything for her company or was even around other Zamarons? Certainly not since she showed up in New Guardians, where the only thing she's done is chase either Hal or Kyle around.
    Bzzzt. She's at the company and talks to the Zamorans during the run. But tell us more about the book you evidentally don't read.

Astonishing Member

I'd thought I'd just chime in and argue that any couple that can be described as "one half of a power couple whose marriage was erased by a cosmic event and a new character created explicitly to seperate the couple and allows the writer to lazily reuse tired cliches and tropes on without using the old partner" as a bad decision, whether that character is Patty Spivit, Jon Carrol, or Carly Cooper.

All three represent laziness in writing and an unwillingness by editorial to have a mature relationship between adult heroes. They themselves may be written well, but their very existence is intended to frustrate fans or try and force them to accept a dictated status quo, instead of allowing a writer to organically construct one.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I'd thought I'd just chime in and argue that any couple that can be described as "one half of a power couple whose marriage was erased by a cosmic event and a new character created explicitly to seperate the couple and allows the writer to lazily reuse tired cliches and tropes on without using the old partner" as a bad decision, whether that character is Patty Spivit, Jon Carrol, or Carly Cooper.

All three represent laziness in writing and an unwillingness by editorial to have a mature relationship between adult heroes. They themselves may be written well, but their very existence is intended to frustrate fans or try and force them to accept a dictated status quo, instead of allowing a writer to organically construct one.
    who is carly cooper?