Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Something like

Bruce and Barbara is inadequate, for example.
    Bruce and Wonderwoman..(I like batman but she deserves someone better)
    Steve and Wonderwoman
    Bruce and Talia(ok, here I got Damian, but for the rest is unnecessary)

Carol only should be with Hal Jordan. and he with her.

I will not say superman x lois because, is simple hate for the rebirth(before, I was bored of this couple) like all those people who see bad Superman/Wonder Woman(hate for N52, lovers of Lois)... The original Superman was dating with lois and he was not like his post-crisis version.. she is not the problem.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-23-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Oh god! Timm has brought it back.

Dayum, Bruce!!!

Jim Gordon is supposed to Bat's BFF.
    On the other side, it can be difficult saying no to a ginger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Great... the 'incest' relationship... no wonder Dick should stick with Starfire...
    I was always more with the Dick/Kori set-up, than with Babs.

I could never get into Dick & Babs as a serious couple. Being with her....idunno....grounds Dick, and not in a good way. I like them as friends.

The only fun I can get from those two as a couple is the thought of Bats & Jim Gordon as in-laws.

For me, Kori totally represented Dick outgrowing Gotham, and doing his own thing.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Dayum, Bruce!!!

Jim Gordon is supposed to Bat's BFF.
    On the other side, it can be difficult saying no to a ginger.
    Well, that screws up a major plot of the Killing Joke, because now all Joker needs to do is record Bruce and Barbara going at it, and then send Jim Gordon the sex tape.

But really, making the fact that Bruce did it with Barbara just to make Batman pissed off at Joker is really, really, stupid

I could never get into Dick & Babs as a serious couple. Being with her....idunno....grounds Dick, and not in a good way. I like them as friends.

The only fun I can get from those two as a couple is the thought of Bats & Jim Gordon as in-laws.

For me, Kori totally represented Dick outgrowing Gotham, and doing his own thing.
    Jim wouldn't be too pleased that his daughter is dating a playboy millionaire but who does get involved with charities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Well, that screws up a major plot of the Killing Joke, because now all Joker needs to do is record Bruce and Barbara going at it, and then send Jim Gordon the sex tape.

But really, making the fact that Bruce did it with Barbara just to make Batman pissed off at Joker is really, really, stupid
    A valued sidekick who is also the daughter of his best friend would have been motivation enough, imo.

If Joker saw them gettin' it on......would he be jealous?
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 07-24-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Jim wouldn't be too pleased that his daughter is dating a playboy millionaire but who does get involved with charities.
    Bruce & Babs as a couple is too convoluted & complicated, imo.

Incredible Member

Oh god! Timm has brought it back.

I like Bruce Timm but the guy seriously needs to calm down with that ****.

Astonishing Member

funny how you get disconnected to the internet a few days, and when you come back, bruce and babs happen.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I found a more complete collection of the pregnant Babs, Dick and Bruce encounter from Batman Beyond 2.0 #28.[/URL]
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-30-2016 at 01:25 AM.

I found a more complete collection of the pregnant Babs, Dick and Bruce encounter from Batman Beyond 2.0 #28.[/URL]
    Oh dear god. Then again the Timmverse seemed to keep playing with the idea but more from Barbara's side but I keep forgetting about Batman beyond.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-30-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Oh dear god. Then again the Timmverse seemed to keep playing with the idea but more from Barbara's side but I keep forgetting about Batman beyond.
    Well Bruce isn't the type to talk about his relationships. Someone did a mash-up of scenes from BTAS/TNBA and Batman Beyond about what went down between Bruce, Babs and Dick.

Really don't mind a possible relationship with Bruce and Babs, if it was developed the right way. I get where it could be too complicated a relationship or too weird for some fans but in my opinion it could possibly work. In most portrayals Babs is in her early 20's and Bruce is somewhere in his 30's, there is a difference,but Babs is old enough where it wouldn't be too weird for her to be with Bruce. She has never really served as Batman's main sidekick and Bruce has never really been portrayed as a father figure for her. It would be awkward considering her relationship/flirtation with Dick but their relationship is never really consistently solidified due to all the continuity changes that have happened at DC over the years. If the relationship with Bruce and Babs was developed over time, it could possibly make sense, in my opinion. However the way it is presented in the TKJ movie seems to be really forced and looks bad on both characters.

TKJ seems like it is just using the relationship as extra motivation for Bats and that really does a disservice to Babs by using her as a plot device,even more so than she was in the original story.TKJ is already a controversial story for Babs, it really didn't need to add this on top of what already happens to her in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I have a hard time accepting the 2.0 comics as a continuation of the DCAU. More like something that takes place in a world similar to the DCAU one. Sort of like how Futures End Terry was different from DCAU Terry. IIRC, even the official DCAU tie in comics had breaks from the continuity of the show so I always saw the comics as an AU of sorts (except for The Batman Adventures and The Batman & Robin Adventures). Stuff like this just doesn't jive with the characters I grew up with on the show so even if the art style is similar, it's hard to see them as the characters on the show. It's like they went for the cheapest trick in the book.

Oh maybe I am just bitter about the whole thing. In my head canon, Barbara had a crush on Bruce but it went unrequited for years. She may have even tried to pursue one against her better judgement and Bruce flirted with it before turning her down (Mystery of the Batwoman. Then Gordon/Leslie/Alfred died, Dick left, Selina left and Tim was recovering after that run in with the Joker. Maybe one or some combination of those events lead to Bruce and Babs seeking out comfort in each other, perhaps even sexually. Eventually, guilt and other events in life causes them to realize it was a bad idea and they break it off.

There, your angsty soap opera fueled plot point is done in a way that does not result in total character assassination or cause half your audience to throw up in disgust.

Yeah, I never got Dick/Babs either. They feel too much like siblings/puppy love/hots for teacher (in the 70's) kind of thing.

I prefer Dick with Kory as well since she helped him grow beyond the shadow of the bat.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-30-2016 at 01:26 AM.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Great... the 'incest' relationship... no wonder Dick should stick with Starfire...
    I'm not saying I'm a fan of Bruce and Babs booking up, but how is that incest?