Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Thats pretty much why he is such a failure in general.
    Failure to who? HellBlazer was one of DC's longest running mature titles, and Constantine is well loved by his fans for being a bastard, how is he a failure?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Failure to who? HellBlazer was one of DC's longest running mature titles, and Constantine is well loved by his fans for being a bastard, how is he a failure?
    Hellblazer cancelled. Strong possibility of Constantine TV show getting cancelled. Constantine 2005 movie was meh. New 52 Constantine title is not doing so well. Sorry but these are certainly not wins for him at the end of the day.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 01-03-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Hellblazer cancelled. Strong possibility of Constantine TV show getting cancelled. Constantine 2005 movie was meh. New 52 Constantine title is not doing so well. Sorry but these are certainly not wins for him.
    Hellblazer had 300 issues and ended because Constantine was added to the main universe not cancelled, Constantine TV series rating has improved and tv slot is being changed, thats irrelevant since it hardly is it was barely based source material, all of what you mention has nothing to do with his personality as Dark books doesn't sell the same as Traditional superhero books, JLD isn't selling wonderful is that because of Zatanna and Co personalities?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Hellblazer had 300 issues and ended because Constantine was added to the main universe not cancelled, Constantine TV series rating has improved and tv slot is being changed, thats irrelevant since it hardly is it was barely based source material, all of what you mention has nothing to do with his personality as Dark books doesn't sell the same as Traditional superhero books, JLD isn't selling wonderful is that because of Zatanna and Co personalities?

I was just stating facts here. Last issues of Hellblazer barely sold 8000 units per month. Check out the numbers on the Internet if you don't believe me And the Constantine TV show is still in danger.

I was just stating facts here. Last issues of Hellblazer barely sold 8000 units per month. Check out the numbers on the Internet if you don't believe me And the Constantine TV show is still in danger.
    Your "facts" is basically you ignoring contexts, the last issue of Hellblazer was on the Veritgo imprint, again those type of titles don't sell as high as traditional superhero titles.

Like Zatanna, the Nu 52 version of Constantine is but a pale shadow of his former self.

I was initially hesitant to check out Hellblazer because of how much I hated the Nu 52 Constantine but HB Constantine was a pretty well written character. He works better when he is on his own and not mingling with the DC heroes.

Dini was doing a pretty good job of building up Zee in the short lived Zatanna ongoing comic. Dini doesn't exactly have the best plots in mind but he does good job when it comes to character building He was doing well developing Zee's personality, power and role in the DCU. Though at this point, JLD has gone on longer than Zee's 15 issue ongoing.

John/Zee falls into the same trap as GA/BC in which the female fishnet wearing half is relegated to just being 'the girlfriend' who is weak and needing to be saved while the blonde dude is the main 'hero' even though the fishnet wearing hero's history will attest to the fact that she is in fact much bigger than the role they've been relegated to.

Even otherwise well written stories like Neil Gaiman's 'Books of Magic' and the otherwise excellent 'Zatanna: Come Together' fall into . In the former, Zee acts like a moron, gets in danger, is scared and then Constantine has to swoop in to save the day with a match stick (the scene was written entirely so to prop him up) and then in the latter, she is saying things like 'if John was here, he would have solved it'.

To put it in perspective, Zee was introduced in the 60's and from her first appearance forward was doing things like making clones of the JLA to fight for her and lifting huge submerged ships out of the water from miles away, was a JL member for more than hundred issues during the satellite era, constantly gets thrown into alternate dimensions and the past in her own solo appearances, was once the most powerful JL member and thus had to be de-powered but then fought and won against her previous power which had manifested into a sentient villainous form then regaining her previous full powers.

All this and suddenly by the time of Books of Magic and Zatanna: Come Together, she is suddenly portrayed as weak and second filddle to a guy who hasn't been around for more than a decade yet. Does that make any lick of sense?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Good call on Talia and Jason. That creeped me out.
    Oh man I forgot about it till I read this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

-Green Arrow/Black Canary

BC has rarely been written well in a GA book and the relationship has run it's course. I love GA, I love BC but not together. It's time they stood apart on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Good call on Talia and Jason. That creeped me out.
    wait.. what now? when did this happen? and what's all this talk about dick grayson and catwoman? is that selina kyle catwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wait.. what now? when did this happen? and what's all this talk about dick grayson and catwoman? is that selina kyle catwoman?
    Ya, Winick had Talia pop Jason's cherry in Lost Days. Its was pretty gross. Dick and Catwoman was Catwoman trying to make Batman jealous, and steal a diamond, and Dick literally laughing in her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, Winick had Talia pop Jason's cherry in Lost Days. Its was pretty gross. Dick and Catwoman was Catwoman trying to make Batman jealous, and steal a diamond, and Dick literally laughing in her face.
    goodness. and here i was complaining about kyle and carol.

barbara kean and renee montoya

it's just weird for barbara to be so worried of jim in one episode then suddenly in renee's bed the next.

i know they're not a couple, and there would be nothing wrong if they were... i just liked the picture and wanted to share it but did not know where to post it.

Batman & Wonder Woman
    Superman & Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Batman & Wonder Woman
    Superman & Wonder Woman
    Yes, to me the putting her in a relationship with any of those characters, is essentially creators trying to place Wonder Woman in a relationship with traditional gender norms. That goes against everything Wonder Woman is about.